Weather on Saturday v Man U

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BornOnShorehamStreet

Reaction score
The weather forecast for the next couple of days is grim as we all know. I'm wondering if there's a chance it might be called off and wondered if any local fans might have some opinions that might be helpful for those of us who aren't local.

Mind you, we knoww that Sky would want the players in wellies and holding a brolly rather than let the match be called off!

When was the last time a match at the Lane was called off due to heavy rain? Could it happen on Saturday I wonder?

The weather forecast for the next couple of days is grim as we all know. I'm wondering if there's a chance it might be called off and wondered if any local fans might have some opinions that might be helpful for those of us who aren't local.

Mind you, we knoww that Sky would want the players in wellies and holding a brolly rather than let the match be called off!

When was the last time a match at the Lane was called off due to heavy rain? Could it happen on Saturday I wonder?
No chance.

At the Lane I reckon Reading around 2002 was called off on the day due to rain.

That was pre desso
I travelled all the way up the country for that one.

Was actually in the stadium watching the pitch inspection. Ball didn't bounce when dropped.

We can only hope.

I remember that. Drove for 2 hours to get to the game only to discover as I parked up that the game was off. To make matters worse I had a hangover from hell and had left my wallet and cash at home.
Probably good you left your money at home to avoid a hair of the dog experience.

I read somewhere a while ago that the drainage at the Lane is 4 times better than it was pre Desso

Thanks Michael Fish. Fear not they’ll be watering the pitch as usual before kick off.

Reactions: ZLB

Nope not a chance it will be called off ... carry on with your travel arrangements

I was at Hampden for the game versus Georgia earlier this year where it absolutely pissed it down and we waited 90 mins for the game to get put back on. Never heard so many people cheering for blokes sweeping water off the pitch.

Flood levels predicted to be higher than 2007 floods so roads into town may be blocked. I’d start getting the sand bags out if I were Chansiri.
IMG_1156.jpeg

Bigger issue might be actually getting to Sheffield....

Back
Top Bottom