We move on...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ffs can't we leave criticising Lundtram alone. Wilder picks him because he thinks he's our best option. I'm absolutely sure Lundstram is doing his best and giving his all, so can't we all get off his fucking back! The criticism won't make him better, it will however affect his confidence and probably make him worse!
If you must criticise something either have a go at Wilder for picking him, or at the board for not allowing Wilder to get better players in.
End of. As I said at the start...Ffs
Apols I've had a drink or three but ffs leave the lad alone!!
;)

Decent first half, ran out of steam in the second. But nothing like the poor away matches at Hull, Preston and Birmingham last season. The substitutions didn't work, I felt Duffy and Sharp were our most dangerous attacking players. Beat Birmingham and Preston this week and all will be forgotten!

Interesting point about running out of steam - I didn't go but my boy went and he said the same yesterday, that "our legs had gone" when they put the pressure on round about when they scored. If that's the case, then for me we should be looking to put "i'll run all day Basham" in centre mid and lets say Stearman at RCB as well as another CM change.

If we are to continue to press and do not score in some games, then perhaps it's going to be better to change other areas instead of forwards.

UTB

I got the impression that the home side tactics was simply to play the defensive game till we ran out of steam then put on the runners to try and snatch a goal. It worked this time but they had a lot of luck including the goal..
Had we scored early on it would have been a different game, but this time we didn't and that's football...

I don't want to speak for Ricky but the phrase to me always implies 'we had a bad day at the office but if we carry on like we are doing we'll be fine' rather than looking at what went wrong and making the necessary adjustments. I know that's not always what people mean but that's how it reads.
Is this something Wilder has said? If so, do you think he’s not looking at what went wrong and what could be done about it?

Bristol City changed their game plan due to their diligence in studying the opposition they were facing. They also won. United stick with the same formation come what may, it's set in stone. It wouldn't hurt if we mixed it up a bit and outmanoeuvred the opposition occasionally. They flummoxed us today, it could just as easily have been the other way round with a bit of imagination.

This is a good point about Wilder as a manager.

When Blackwell was manager, it was often like he’d over studied the opposition. Players were given different instructions dependent on the opposition. In some games we looked poor but with Blackwell as manager we often made the opposition look poor too due to Blackwells focus on negating and stopping the opposition.

Wilder seems to have a totally different outlook.
He sets tactics based on players stengths and gets them playing similiar tactics over and over again, until it becomes second nature.
Apparently Brian Clough tended not to worry about the opposition either, he wanted teams to worry about his team.

It’s a refreshing attitude from Wilder, he doesn’t seem to worry too much about the opposition.
He tries to win games, every time, his subsituatiins are usually positive.
He gives players the freedom to perform instead of giving restrictive roles of just stopping the opposition.

It would be a good question to Wilder, has he considered being less expansive, playing for draws and stopping the opposition?
He’d probabky say no, like it or lump it, he’s going to play open attacking football and if we get punished, then so be it.

Back
Top Bottom