We are in for a difficult season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The thing is I've been saying it for weeks

See post 695

Perhaps the tone of the OP is more combative than I intended and I'm not on the game of arguing with fellow Blades. Of course I want people to be positive

It just seems to me that anyone who is apprehensive or negative about this season's prospects are instantly dismissed
Do you suppose we would be where we are if Wilder was so negative? Wendy are top of the Championship.You might enjoy it more there mate😋

Wilders ready, the majority of the players are ready, the backroom team are ready and nice and feisty on here ....... the fans are ready !

Bring it on !!

What are you expecting? Us to be challenging for top 6??
It’s obvious we’re going to be in a relegation battle.
Can’t wait for the first time we get spanked and the plastics are crying for Wilder out.
Get a grip!

TBF to OP i do think there's some in here who think we will stay well clear from relegation zone all season.

Those are the ones I would be more worried about coming in here moaning when things potentially don't turn out that way.

At least OP got it off his chest early I spose

I don't think now's the time to be pessimistic; we've not kicked a ball yet and I think the Barnsley result said that we are ready against a very good side away from home (albeit Championship) and to be honest I'm not at all surprised by today's result - it felt like it was a friendly arranged just to keep us ticking over and not surprisingly we've been done by a very good side at their place.

We're not finished yet on recruitment yet by the looks of it and I do think we need another centre mid because at this level we need more competition than we currently have. Saying that, the way Morrison is doing and with his pedigree, I think he could be a real find in the middle of the park.

Let's see how we do aft3er 5/6 games, I actually think we're gonna surprise a few with how good we are.

Let me get this straight, you’re saying it will be a step up playing in the Premier League? 🤔🤔🤔

giphy.gif

Everyone knows we're going to have a hard time, it doesn't need saying.

As for post 685 what do attendances Vs the previous season have to do with anything?

You say play the post and not the poster and I agree, but you do this crap all the time, you're a menace.

Come on with your lay down and die bollocks, retreat, get made an idiot of with events that transpire after but then you don't think "I was wrong last time, maybe I'll have some faith" you double down and do it again.

695 my apologies shouldn't post on a phone.

Care to comment on this thread then? I also ran a weekly 'we can make the play off' threads under Adkins to my shame xD

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/one-of-my-proudest-moments-as-a-blade.63487/

I've been consistent in my thoughts regarding this season, see post 29

I have been right about things before. I called Woodburn out to be a flop before anyone did

I didn't say we should lay down and die, have a read of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum

It's a matter of perspective. And opinion.

695 my apologies shouldn't post on a phone.

Care to comment on this thread then? I also ran a weekly 'we can make the play off' threads under Adkins to my shame xD

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/one-of-my-proudest-moments-as-a-blade.63487/

I've been consistent in my thoughts regarding this season, see post 29

I have been right about things before. I called Woodburn out to be a flop before anyone did

I didn't say we should lay down and die, have a read of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum

It's a matter of perspective. And opinion.

To be honest I can't be arsed and I'll just leave you to it.

My life is depressing enough.

Who exactly doesn't think we're in for a difficult season? Of course we are. Mind you, if Wilder sticks with the flat 3 and Lundstram it will be far tougher than it could be.

It's a shame so many people playing the poster not the post

They'd do well to remember this

They’re not playing the poster, it’s just you’ve got form for this kind of knee jerk, chicken little crap and it’s being pointed out to you.
Also given your post. its somewhat ironic and hypercritical that you throw a “safe space” comment around at others.

They’re not playing the poster, it’s just you’ve got form for this kind of knee jerk, chicken little crap and it’s being pointed out to you.
Also given your post. its somewhat ironic and hypercritical that you throw a “safe space” comment around at others.

When have I ever done a knee-jerk after a game apart from Villa?!

I welcome people on here to state alternative opinions even those who I disagree with thoroughly. I just don't take kindly to unfunny memes :D

It’s attention seeking, that’s all it is. He’ll say whatever he thinks gets the biggest reaction and then he’ll refer back to previous threads/posts that he’s made (like he’s done here) to try and get people to react to those as well.

He used to do the same thing over on Bladesmad where, incidentally, he was an Arsenal fan first and foremost who also had a soft spot for United.

Edit: hence why he’s just ‘liking’ the posts which ask him genuine questions, he’s no interest in discussing this issue, he’s got the reaction he wanted.

Hadn’t realised it was that time of the year already, might as well not bother with the PL...

Fuck it, eh

It’s a tough place for a bedwetter at the moment. Everyone’s expectation is united that we’ll have a tough season (despite the weird OP packaging the whinge up as an “alternative opinion”), the board have performed well in the transfer window and everyone recognises how marvellous CWAK have been for the club. Can’t see support wavering even if we go back down.

So where do you go if you’re pathologically negative or an attention seeker? Can see a little bit of traction in saying the world is ending if we have our usual slow start. Lundstram could be a bit of whipping boy. But generally we’ve been well above par for 3 seasons, so there’s not been much out there to keep these people going. 🤷‍♂️

This is something myself and a very small minority have been saying, if not whispering, on here since we got promoted. This post is in no-way related to today's result, although hopefully that will provide a reality check. We haven't really had any proper tests for pre-season which has been disappointing. Bournemouth have played WBA, Brentford Lazio and Lyon. We lost to Burton and Stade de Reims, and beat non-league Chesterfield and Northampton. Hardly inspiring!

It's easy to be positive. I could post 'I'm so excited we're really going to surprise people this year UTB!' and get 100+ likes and we all feel good about ourselves but it doesn't reflect the truth, of where I see it, where we are at. This does not mean that or others are in any way less supportive of the team cheering them on. I also don't want to be a downer or that terrible word 'slasher', but it seems like anyone who is skeptical is labelled one so so be it.

Those who will 'play the poster not the post' will remember my overreaction to the Villa result. I was wrong then and was delighted to be and I hope I'll be wrong again. We have come so very far so why not further? Well as I see it what Wilder has done is taken a paddle boat across the Atlantic ocean and has paid for an engine and is intent on taking it to the moon. Honestly if we stay up it will have to go down as one of football's greatest achievements.

This is not a dig or criticism of anyone and I wouldn't have managed things any differently (apart from not signing Mousett the Bournemouth reject and arranging better pre-season fixtures). The club strategy makes perfect sense, they are smart buys if we go down genius buys if we they are good enough to help us stay up.

If we do struggle badly all I hope is that we stick with Wilder no matter what. Certain players will not make the leap up. Others won't settle in as we'd like. This is a tough league, just ask yourself how many of our players would get into any other PL squads let alone first team? Football isn't won on paper, as demonstrated by our promotion. But there is a limit and I really fear this will be a bridge too far and many will be disappointed. Do we really expect Lundstram to be the midfield answer in the PL?!

So just a note to say, I recommend we expect the worse and hope for the best and not overreact to bad results (I know I'm hypocritical) and manage our expectations. I remember when we got thrashed by Middlesborough last year. Fortunately Wilder saw that Evans wasn't working and got rid and then brought Norwood in, this year we don't have that luxury with the window closing much earlier.

We should all be excited for next season but I just felt this needed saying to 'counter-balance' what's being said. Now of course... ;)

UTB
Of course we’re in for a difficult season FM. It’s our first one back in the Premier League for over a decade and we’re odds on favourites with the bookies for relegation but it doesn't have to happen. While I agree that some seem to get ahead of themselves, it’s just as daft to start spreading doom and gloom before a ball has even been kicked in anger in the PL. The number of times that negative posters like yourself have jumped in since Wilder took over only to be proved wrong is unreal. Last season after the opening game defeat you started a thread called ‘Timetable and targets for Wilder not to get sacked’. That was after just one game, this time you’re at it even earlier.

I say the same thing every year optimistic or not. I’ll give it 8-10 games and reserve judgment till then because unless you’re Mystic Meg, neither you or I have any idea what the season will bring and it just seems like you’re repeating the negs till you get it right and Wilder fails pal. The question is, would that make you happy because looking back over your posts over the years, that’s the way it could seem. UTB

This place will be a nightmare if we struggle this year. Just enjoy the ride no matter what and support the team. We may struggle, we may surprise a few. But if anything, this team and staff have earnt our full support. UTB

Totally agree, the worse that can happen is that we return to the Championship with a very strong team and one of the favourites for promotion.

On paper we have loads of very good Championship players. Can they make the step up to the higher league? Most struggle but Wilder has form. He buys lower league players, improves them so they adapt to the higher division.

Using logic I reckon we’ll finish 4th or 5th from the bottom but Wilder has form on this too. Whatever I’ve predicted using logic Wilder has always bettered my prediction every single year.

That’s why part of me thinks if Wilder is the real deal and a miracle worker then it wouldn’t surprise me if we finish just below mid table. With Wilder you sense that nothing is impossible.

The one thing we have been in the last 3 years is slow starters. Bournemouth is a bad one to start with. They've the ability to score 4 or 5, but at the same time could easily ship that number. I'd have rather played two big teams for the first two games. When losing wouldn't matter and they'd potentially be sluggish.

It is going to be a hard season. We just need to stick with it. I think if he tries the flat midfield 3 we'll get hammered. We need to cause the opposition to pause and worry about our attack.

This is something myself and a very small minority have been saying, if not whispering, on here since we got promoted. This post is in no-way related to today's result, although hopefully that will provide a reality check. We haven't really had any proper tests for pre-season which has been disappointing. Bournemouth have played WBA, Brentford Lazio and Lyon. We lost to Burton and Stade de Reims, and beat non-league Chesterfield and Northampton. Hardly inspiring!

It's easy to be positive. I could post 'I'm so excited we're really going to surprise people this year UTB!' and get 100+ likes and we all feel good about ourselves but it doesn't reflect the truth, of where I see it, where we are at. This does not mean that or others are in any way less supportive of the team cheering them on. I also don't want to be a downer or that terrible word 'slasher', but it seems like anyone who is skeptical is labelled one so so be it.

Those who will 'play the poster not the post' will remember my overreaction to the Villa result. I was wrong then and was delighted to be and I hope I'll be wrong again. We have come so very far so why not further? Well as I see it what Wilder has done is taken a paddle boat across the Atlantic ocean and has paid for an engine and is intent on taking it to the moon. Honestly if we stay up it will have to go down as one of football's greatest achievements.

This is not a dig or criticism of anyone and I wouldn't have managed things any differently (apart from not signing Mousett the Bournemouth reject and arranging better pre-season fixtures). The club strategy makes perfect sense, they are smart buys if we go down genius buys if we they are good enough to help us stay up.

If we do struggle badly all I hope is that we stick with Wilder no matter what. Certain players will not make the leap up. Others won't settle in as we'd like. This is a tough league, just ask yourself how many of our players would get into any other PL squads let alone first team? Football isn't won on paper, as demonstrated by our promotion. But there is a limit and I really fear this will be a bridge too far and many will be disappointed. Do we really expect Lundstram to be the midfield answer in the PL?!

So just a note to say, I recommend we expect the worse and hope for the best and not overreact to bad results (I know I'm hypocritical) and manage our expectations. I remember when we got thrashed by Middlesborough last year. Fortunately Wilder saw that Evans wasn't working and got rid and then brought Norwood in, this year we don't have that luxury with the window closing much earlier.

We should all be excited for next season but I just felt this needed saying to 'counter-balance' what's being said. Now of course... ;)

UTB
Bully for you , yes ! a lot of what you say could happen every team promoted to the premiership will have reservations about there quality.
Just hope the players don't read that negative shit.
Wilder has put a squad together to have a go , it may not be enough but they will give it a go.The players and fans have to believe we're good enough .We now have some really exciting players .
Bring it on !!.
Don't think you will get hundred likes but I will give you one to add to the two you have.
Enjoy the season !!!!

Back
Top Bottom