We are in for a difficult season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FM’s basically laying down his insurance policy.

He’s predicted doom and gloom. If he’s right he’ll glory in his brave/ unpopular prediction.
If we play well and stay up proving FM is wrong....like he was after the Villa defeat.
Then he’ll joke that’s he loving it being proven wrong........He can’t lose either way.

It’s like some of our supporters who bet big money on us to lose the play-off final.....to soften the blow...so they win either way.
^^^^^^
Nailed it 👏👏👏👏👏

just ask yourself how many of our players would get into any other PL squads let alone first team?

I can think of at least one team in the division below us that none of our players would get in.

So, yeah, I’m with the OP.

Last edited:
nobody minds getting tonked every week ,but can’t understand what contribution Monty err Hammond err Lunny is ‘actually’ making ., the guy must be Messi at Shirecliffe..
unlike other clowns we’ve had though i expect Chris will sort it

Eyup, it's come a bit early this season, it's usually a couple of games in when we're loysin to Middlesbrough that this all starts :(

Not because of today's result, but turns up in the hours after it...

🤔

See post 685

For those concerned I'm enjoying being a Blade very much thank you and I'm extremely positive about our long term prospects.

I just think we are in for a difficult season. Stating that is like a death sentence on here which is absurd!

It's a shame so many people playing the poster not the post

They'd do well to remember this

The thing is I've been saying it for weeks

See post 695

Perhaps the tone of the OP is more combative than I intended and I'm not on the game of arguing with fellow Blades. Of course I want people to be positive

It just seems to me that anyone who is apprehensive or negative about this season's prospects are instantly dismissed

Maybe you should go back to supporting Arsenal then mate, although I can’t see them having an easy season either to be honest

See post 685

For those concerned I'm enjoying being a Blade very much thank you and I'm extremely positive about our long term prospects.

I just think we are in for a difficult season. Stating that is like a death sentence on here which is absurd!
Not having that.! Saying that we are in for a difficult season is something that any old fool could confidently predict, and it doesn't need saying, it's so obvious. It's the rest of your post that had us all slitting our wrists.

Did I dream going to Portugal and seeing us beat Real Betits?

Thank you sincerely for pointing out that mistake, my bad as I didn't see it so therefore it didn't happen!

I don't think anyone is under any illusion we know it will be hard, but as someone says this is a bonus CW has exceeded all our expectations. Let's just buckle in sit back and enjoy the ride, so we'll get thumped sometimes but we'll shock a few we're nor dead and buried till mathematically certain COYRAWW. We don't do conventional and easy we're Sheffield United and no matter what; we love our club, and manager as they're ours.

What are you expecting? Us to be challenging for top 6??
It’s obvious we’re going to be in a relegation battle.
Can’t wait for the first time we get spanked and the plastics are crying for Wilder out.
Get a grip!

This is something myself and a very small minority have been saying, if not whispering, on here since we got promoted. This post is in no-way related to today's result, although hopefully that will provide a reality check. We haven't really had any proper tests for pre-season which has been disappointing. Bournemouth have played WBA, Brentford Lazio and Lyon. We lost to Burton and Stade de Reims, and beat non-league Chesterfield and Northampton. Hardly inspiring!

It's easy to be positive. I could post 'I'm so excited we're really going to surprise people this year UTB!' and get 100+ likes and we all feel good about ourselves but it doesn't reflect the truth, of where I see it, where we are at. This does not mean that or others are in any way less supportive of the team cheering them on. I also don't want to be a downer or that terrible word 'slasher', but it seems like anyone who is skeptical is labelled one so so be it.

Those who will 'play the poster not the post' will remember my overreaction to the Villa result. I was wrong then and was delighted to be and I hope I'll be wrong again. We have come so very far so why not further? Well as I see it what Wilder has done is taken a paddle boat across the Atlantic ocean and has paid for an engine and is intent on taking it to the moon. Honestly if we stay up it will have to go down as one of football's greatest achievements.

This is not a dig or criticism of anyone and I wouldn't have managed things any differently (apart from not signing Mousett the Bournemouth reject and arranging better pre-season fixtures). The club strategy makes perfect sense, they are smart buys if we go down genius buys if we they are good enough to help us stay up.

If we do struggle badly all I hope is that we stick with Wilder no matter what. Certain players will not make the leap up. Others won't settle in as we'd like. This is a tough league, just ask yourself how many of our players would get into any other PL squads let alone first team? Football isn't won on paper, as demonstrated by our promotion. But there is a limit and I really fear this will be a bridge too far and many will be disappointed. Do we really expect Lundstram to be the midfield answer in the PL?!

So just a note to say, I recommend we expect the worse and hope for the best and not overreact to bad results (I know I'm hypocritical) and manage our expectations. I remember when we got thrashed by Middlesborough last year. Fortunately Wilder saw that Evans wasn't working and got rid and then brought Norwood in, this year we don't have that luxury with the window closing much earlier.

We should all be excited for next season but I just felt this needed saying to 'counter-balance' what's being said. Now of course... ;)

UTB
To be fair mate the balance has shifted minimally with that post. Most of us are very excited and glass half full. Get the Mrs to sort you out mate n find some albeit temporary cheer.

I think the Prem is overrated more and more each year by the money driven conjecture machine that is the media. They largely don't provide much balance either.

Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, your right😉 UTB.

See post 685

Everyone knows we're going to have a hard time, it doesn't need saying.

As for post 685 what do attendances Vs the previous season have to do with anything?

You say play the post and not the poster and I agree, but you do this crap all the time, you're a menace.

Come on with your lay down and die bollocks, retreat, get made an idiot of with events that transpire after but then you don't think "I was wrong last time, maybe I'll have some faith" you double down and do it again.

What are you expecting? Us to be challenging for top 6??
It’s obvious we’re going to be in a relegation battle.
Can’t wait for the first time we get spanked and the plastics are crying for Wilder out.
Get a grip!

Well I was hoping we'd win the league then I woke up lol

I’m completely shitting it that we’ll be made to look stupid this season. What I won’t do is go batshit crazy if we lose 5 out of the first 6 games because it might take us 2 months to calm down.

I don’t think anyone thinks it will be plain sailing and we’ve taken a risky approach to transfers in that we’ve bought good championship players rather than PL players (and I fully understand why we’ve done this). I just hope that we can win 7 or 8 games and draw a few more. If we do better then I’ll be ecstatic.

Back
Top Bottom