We Are Coming Back

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I expect hecky to get the best out of hourihane, had him earlier in his career, think this will give our midfield a shake up, especially with mccall instructing them. Like the poster im expectant and excited for our future
I expect he will get more out of several of them on account of not playing them out of position and rigidly sticking to a formation we simply don’t have the players for.

Well, he was bollocking our record signing on the first day he's taken training on a club PR video.

I feel some fans have confused a thoughtful and level-headed demeanour in interviews and in the dugout means that he's a shrinking violet. He very much is not. He's a straight-talking Yorkshire lad who doesn't mince his words. He's just not a badge-thumper in front of the camera. For some reason, many of our fans seem to equate that with passion.
I hope he does well as he does make sense when he speaks and I hope the players respond.

I hope the new manager does well if he doesn’t get a bounce tomorrow things will turn quite rapidly by us fans it won’t be against the manager we all know where the problem is

I was excited when Slav was appointed.

That 5-4 game against Fulham - and I thought this will be great - fuck them, we’ll just outscore them every game. It hasn’t been like that. Commentators on the Reading stream were so bored they spent ages talking about some programme called Bake-Off.

We have some great kids coming through, and Hecky is a Yorkshire bloke like us. He sees Jebbo’s balls against Brewster’s bottle.

Blades are back.
Magic is coming.
I like the optimism. A couple of cautionary points;

There’s no correlation between local managers and success.

Jebbison isn’t (yet?) doing it one division lower.

Ex Wednesday and Barnsley too. Added bonus. Woo hoo!
From interviews I’ve heard, he is very much a Barnsley fan and that’s understandable given that he’s from Royston and grew up watching them. Also sounds like he couldn’t get out of Hillsbro fast enough when he heard Barnsley had come in for him and asked to leave training early. Also sounds like he didn’t really want to sign for the piggies in the first place, so I wouldn’t worry about any possible piggy sympathies.

Well, he was bollocking our record signing on the first day he's taken training on a club PR video.

I feel some fans have confused a thoughtful and level-headed demeanour in interviews and in the dugout means that he's a shrinking violet. He very much is not. He's a straight-talking Yorkshire lad who doesn't mince his words. He's just not a badge-thumper in front of the camera. For some reason, many of our fans seem to equate that with passion.
Too many of our fans think that if manager isn't hopping around the technical area, screaming and shouting, they're automatically shit.

Tbf Danny Wilson was ex Pigs and Barnsley and he had us playing some excellent stuff. Shame the Ched thing pulled the rug from under his feet as who knows where he could have got us

I can’t remember if hecky had him during his purple patch at Barnsley. At this point though he either needs to be sold or extended between now and the end of the season and at the minute there’s very little evidence we should extend him.
Hecky signed McBurnie on loan, I think he started like a house on fire, scoring in most of the firt few games. Hecky left a month or so later though.
As long as he doesn't try to use him as a target man, as McBurnie can't play that role.

I like the optimism. A couple of cautionary points;

There’s no correlation between local managers and success.

Jebbison isn’t (yet?) doing it one division lower.
Warnock and a Wilder were local and successful recently.
Isn’t Jebbison scoring ?

Warnock and a Wilder were local and successful recently.
Isn’t Jebbison scoring ?
Yes, I accept it happens, but it’s not cause and effect.

Re Jebbison - I’ve not followed closely but heard he was often benched?

Think it's 5 in 12 now he bagged a brace last match
Fair enough. Anyway, we always need to understand context. He could have had zero service, or could be missing 4 sitters a match.

Fingers crossed he comes good for us.

I think I am more excited with hecky in charge tomorrow than I would be feeling about Slav. Just get back to working hard is all we ask

Fair enough. Anyway, we always need to understand context. He could have had zero service, or could be missing 4 sitters a match.

Fingers crossed he comes good for us.
He's only played that amount of games as he's been with England on two breaks

Whilst ever we have these clowns at the top of our club who demonstrate no identity or connection to our club - our supporters - our heritage - Hecky , 3-5-3 - 4-4-2 ,etc .... its is pepper in fly shit . They have no idea . We are poisoned form the top and they do not give a toss

Never have we been so disconnected as fans or considered so irrelevant (28k , best supported team outside and on many occasions within the Prem League) - i hate what we've become
Was you saying the same when they was handing Wilder £110m?

I admire your optimism and rosey dispensation, but don't share your view. Hecky signing a multi-year contract and us being told, yet again (yawn), that we will be been using our academy, tells me that the board know that we need to get rid of our current squad as they're overpaid crap, and that there's no money for replacements and won't be when they're finally gone, and that we could well be back in League One soon. So we've appointed a man to rebuild and get us back to the Championship before we've even left it. But we're all entitled to our opinions and views.
On the plus side we may get some heroic free transfers to compliment this team lol, let's be honest it's the Blades way, whenever we get money we've messed it up, although often because we've then neshed it and sold the players! So I do look forward to the next Uhlenbeek (Guuuuuuuus), Santos, Wayne Allison and, ironically Stuart McCall!

Don't get me wrong, deep down I want us to go out and sign Wilson like Fulham did, but it's not going to happen, we do need to use the Academy more but at the same token the board needs to invest in it more.

If Jebbo is coming back i'm guessing 1 or 2 strikers are off
I can see Hecky not putting up with the Moose and his constant injury problems and his enjoyment of being a footballer outside of the match shall we say! Burke will probably be offloaded as he just doesn't fit the system, that was, a desperate attempt by Wilder to sign pace and stretch teams, but it didn't work and that's coming from someone who really likes Burke.

I still thought we would make the play offs under Slav tbh. I think we could still but it feels a bit own brand wilderball with no budget rather than experienced championship success...

What did I tell you (thread title) clubs and managers need to have the same values.

We should have had 5 - only 5 on target from 21 - but that was a performance that we understand.

Glad it was early KO or it could have been off.

The Magic is on its Way Back.

Back
Top Bottom