We Are Coming Back

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ucandomagic

Reaction score
I was excited when Slav was appointed.

That 5-4 game against Fulham - and I thought this will be great - fuck them, we’ll just outscore them every game. It hasn’t been like that. Commentators on the Reading stream were so bored they spent ages talking about some programme called Bake-Off.

We have some great kids coming through, and Hecky is a Yorkshire bloke like us. He sees Jebbo’s balls against Brewster’s bottle.

Blades are back.
Magic is coming.

I admire your optimism and rosey dispensation, but don't share your view. Hecky signing a multi-year contract and us being told, yet again (yawn), that we will be been using our academy, tells me that the board know that we need to get rid of our current squad as they're overpaid crap, and that there's no money for replacements and won't be when they're finally gone, and that we could well be back in League One soon. So we've appointed a man to rebuild and get us back to the Championship before we've even left it. But we're all entitled to our opinions and views.

If Jebbo is coming back i'm guessing 1 or 2 strikers are off
At least one is entering the last 6 months of his deal and has shown nothing to make us renew and mcburnie is rapidly approaching decision time with only 18 months left on his.

I admire your optimism and rosey dispensation, but don't share your view. Hecky signing a multi-year contract and us being told, yet again (yawn), that we will be been using our academy, tells me that the board know that we need to get rid of our current squad as they're overpaid crap, and that there's no money for replacements and won't be when they're finally gone, and that we could well be back in League One soon. So we've appointed a man to rebuild and get us back to the Championship before we've even left it. But we're all entitled to our opinions and views.
dont be fooled by the long contract there will be clauses in it imo in case things dont go according to plan personally think weve got a good team in hecky mcall and lester give em a chance too much doom and gloom on this site utb fto

At least one is entering the last 6 months of his deal and has shown nothing to make us renew and mcburnie is rapidly approaching decision time with only 18 months left on his.
please let it be mcburnie fraud of a footballer ..... unless hecky and his team can get somat out of him that 2 previous managers couldnt

please let it be mcburnie fraud of a footballer ..... unless hecky and his team can get somat out of him that 2 previous managers couldnt
I can’t remember if hecky had him during his purple patch at Barnsley. At this point though he either needs to be sold or extended between now and the end of the season and at the minute there’s very little evidence we should extend him.

I expect hecky to get the best out of hourihane, had him earlier in his career, think this will give our midfield a shake up, especially with mccall instructing them. Like the poster im expectant and excited for our future

To be fair ..... it would actually be quite difficult for our midfield to get worse .....

There's virtually no creativity, passing is poor, there's more tackle on the bank of Sheffield canal, and they don't track back or mark :rolleyes:

Traffic cones would be more effective and I feel sorry for the strikers .... I'm surprised Billy hasn't ripped a few new arseholes in annoyance.

UTB & FTP

I think we have to get real and get with the program, appointing Hecky shows our ambitions are now limited to becoming a stable mid table Championship side… and to be perfectly honest I’d take that, without a billionaire sugar daddy we are just not cut out for the Premier League, we missed that bus when we were relegated in 2007 And failed to get straight back.

With an ageing squad that needs replacing and with no cash for major signings if Hecky can keep us in this league and out of League one for the next few seasons he should be judged a success. Please don’t judge him on getting promotion challenges going, it’s just not realistic.

That 5-4 game against Fulham - and I thought this will be great - fuck them, we’ll just outscore them every game. It hasn’t been like that. Commentators on the Reading stream were so bored they spent ages talking about some programme called Bake-Off.

We have some great kids coming through, and Hecky is a Yorkshire bloke like us. He sees Jebbo’s balls against Brewster’s bottle.

Blades are back.
Magic is coming.
Whilst ever we have these clowns at the top of our club who demonstrate no identity or connection to our club - our supporters - our heritage - Hecky , 3-5-3 - 4-4-2 ,etc .... its is pepper in fly shit . They have no idea . We are poisoned form the top and they do not give a toss

Never have we been so disconnected as fans or considered so irrelevant (28k , best supported team outside and on many occasions within the Prem League) - i hate what we've become

I think we have to get real and get with the program, appointing Hecky shows our ambitions are now limited to becoming a stable mid table Championship side… and to be perfectly honest I’d take that, without a billionaire sugar daddy we are just not cut out for the Premier League, we missed that bus when we were relegated in 2007 And failed to get straight back.

With an ageing squad that needs replacing and with no cash for major signings if Hecky can keep us in this league and out of League one for the next few seasons he should be judged a success. Please don’t judge him on getting promotion challenges going, it’s just not realistic.
That's always been our ambition anyway tbh with the odd prem season

Sadly I think you’re wrong.. the ambition seems to be very much promotion still however they want to do it on a modest championship budget going forward

I have two concerns at this time.
1. Will we get in 2 central midfielders in the window as we don't have any athleticism in this part of the pitch. Its a bad sign when we are getting bossed there by most teams in this division.
2. I like Hecky and how he handles himself and have no doubt that he will do his best. But will he have the backbone and gravitas to tell the players some home truths and get them motivated to deliver. There is a balance to be struck and while the players were positive about him in the caretaker role. Will they listen to and respect him as a permanent manager. We have all seen examples of caretakers getting the job permanently but not being able to get the players to perform in the long term.

This.

I do think the possibility exists that we might be somewhere around the play-offs this season given how poor the league is. Any team putting a run together will get in the play-offs, but the short to medium term is going to be a case of getting the big wage earners off the books and bringing players through. In 2.5 years time, we'll be in a position where most of the promotion team will have gone so we need to bring through and sign the next generation. I thought we should have started doing this in summer but far too many people thought we'd be going back up for some mystifying reason.

I have two concerns at this time.
1. Will we get in 2 central midfielders in the window as we don't have any athleticism in this part of the pitch. Its a bad sign when we are getting bossed there by most teams in this division.
2. I like Hecky and how he handles himself and have no doubt that he will do his best. But will he have the backbone and gravitas to tell the players some home truths and get them motivated to deliver. There is a balance to be struck and while the players were positive about him in the caretaker role. Will they listen to and respect him as a permanent manager. We have all seen examples of caretakers getting the job permanently but not being able to get the players to perform in the long term.
Well, he was bollocking our record signing on the first day he's taken training on a club PR video.

I feel some fans have confused a thoughtful and level-headed demeanour in interviews and in the dugout means that he's a shrinking violet. He very much is not. He's a straight-talking Yorkshire lad who doesn't mince his words. He's just not a badge-thumper in front of the camera. For some reason, many of our fans seem to equate that with passion.

Blades are back.
Magic is coming.
I'm not sure if this is a dig at Brewster & if it is I'm not sure why 😂. Hope I've misinterpreted it though as I like the rest of the post

Back
Top Bottom