We are as good as down.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm struggling to find any positives after that performance, but throwing in the towel after 8 games is ridiculous. IMHO the best we can hope for is to still be in touch when the transfer window opens and then for gods sake sign a LCB.

I suspect we'll be selling, not buying, in January.

Can we just remember we've just played Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City. Palace lost 4 - 0 away at Chelsea, Chelsea also spanked Burnley 3 - 0 in their own back yard. We need to stop focussing on the performances v these team, we're just not in the same league even though we are, if that makes sense. The next two games will probably define our season. If we lose those two games, then I'll be panicking.

Recruitment's not being crap either, its just a reality of where we are that we can't recruit players that can make an instant impact in the PL over what we've already got. But in time I'm sure Brewster will come good, and we'll see how Lowe and Burke do against teams of a similar level.

Who else would actually command a decent fee?

Haha good point, I named Berge then to be honest couldn't think of anyone else. I would have said O'Connell, if not for the injury.

I think the club and Berge will acknowledge that his coming here has been a mistake all around, and we'll get some money for him in the January window to cushion the blow somewhat.

We took the lead. As we did at Anfield. We only lost 0-1 to city. Half a dozen players of any of those three teams probably cover our entire wage bill. It’s not even a contest.

These games do not determine our season. I’ll be more concerned after the next five games but not yet.

I think some of the bed wetting is due to last season over achieving. (I personally think we’d have caused some concern to the top six, if not four, if we’d not had lockdown and the subsequent rule changes but that was last season) However, we won several close games that could easily have been a draw or a loss. It’s fine margins.

We’ve over achieved even being in the league. The team deserve our support.

I'm struggling to find any positives after that performance, but throwing in the towel after 8 games is ridiculous. IMHO the best we can hope for is to still be in touch when the transfer window opens and then for gods sake sign a LCB.
And sign some players what's going to make a fucking difference.

As poor a sh1t show of a performance ever. Poor summer recruitment. Barring Berge recruitment has been apauling for last 2 years.
Not replacing JOC is as bad a management decision as I can think of.
Relegation I'm afraid.
Who could replace JOC. my worry for ages has been if basham or JOC get injured. We can't sign a player and expect them to slot in.

This international break is beyond huge. We need to find the solution to our issues with the back 3, I personally think it's Ampadu that's the solution. We needs to get Fleck back and starting, get Moose back and most importantly get some fucking confidence back.

We aren't screwed yet, but we need to find the answers before the next few matches.
Fleck ( our best playeri n my opinion) and mousett are massive. The quicker they're back the better

As was said on MOTD last night only 2 clubs have avoided relegation with the same points at the same stage in the season, Sunderland and Southampton.
At least there is some similarities with yourselves and the other 2.

Haha good point, I named Berge then to be honest couldn't think of anyone else. I would have said O'Connell, if not for the injury.

I think the club and Berge will acknowledge that his coming here has been a mistake all around, and we'll get some money for him in the January window to cushion the blow somewhat.
Why would we possibly let Berge go in January

Worrying times ahead as we seem to have spent way too much money on players who aren't good enough and who won't have significant resale value.
That sort of scenario doesn't bode well for coming back up and the real worry is we'll end up leaving the Championship in the wrong direction again.
Not spending big money on academy infrastructure to firmly establish United as the youth development club in the region to give us longer term strength is a strategic mistake.

As was said on MOTD last night only 2 clubs have avoided relegation with the same points at the same stage in the season, Sunderland and Southampton.
At least there is some similarities with yourselves and the other 2.
Yep, we all begin with the letter ‘s’ and that’s where the similarities end. 🙈😁

It would be far better for the mental well-being of most of the forum if you just accepted now our inevitable fate and reconciled yourselves to the fact that we will be in the Championship next season with an excellent squad by Championship standards as there's no prospect whatsoever that any other PL team (not even one promoted this year) will want any of our players nor our management team.

Good times around the corner in 2021-22.

Why would we possibly let Berge go in January

Because he'll leave us if we're relegated anyway, and if that were to happen we'd take a severe financial hit on his transfer. If it looks like we're already doomed in January, we might well sell at that point to recoup as much money as possible.

In addition, it must surely be occurring to the man himself that it isn't working out here. He was signed as we were pushing for Europe, even a CL place. Now he's the 'class act, Rolls Royce, head-and-shoulders-above-everybody-else best player' for the worst team in the league, as it stands.

Worrying times ahead as we seem to have spent way too much money on players who aren't good enough and who won't have significant resale value.
That sort of scenario doesn't bode well for coming back up and the real worry is we'll end up leaving the Championship in the wrong direction again.
Not spending big money on academy infrastructure to firmly establish United as the youth development club in the region to give us longer term strength is a strategic mistake.
I’ve seen it all now. This is taking the overreaction to an completely new level

Back
Top Bottom