We’re a bad owners wet dream

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Slim Man

Reaction score
No wonder there’s so many crooks lining up to buy us, they must see the potential from a mile off.

As a group we’re just totally apathetic, me included. The mere mention of a protest is ridiculed (me included).

Mention how shit we are and you’ll have the bigger blades saying it’s pathetic and we’ve been loads worse, because we were in the old division 4 once.
Or their other retort is ‘fuck off to Meadowhall then’ etc.
The mere mention of this season being ‘embarrassing’ is met with ‘punch them in the mouth then’ 😂😂 and ‘why do you care what they think?’ Like we aren’t living in the real world.

He’s getting away scot free at the minute whilst we sleepwalk into oblivion and the reality is it makes me sick, I just haven’t got the energy to do anything about it. I’ve been worn down to the point of not caring enough. Even last season, we got promoted and it was a barely audible ‘get in’.

Dozy and Tingo, come on down. It’s time for round two. You’ll get away with it, because we were in league one for 6 years once. And because we once played in league 2.

Theres a Wednesday fan at work, decent enough fella but does very much apply the 1990’s Wednesday Tax when we’re discussing modern day football. Anyway, he was saying the other week how Wednesday fans are so apathetic towards their club atm and he always says how United fans would never stand for Chansiri as chairman but I absolutely think we would.

I think the majority of us dont really give a fuck anymore and the ones who do voice valid concerns are shot down by the bigger than thou Blades.

Theres a Wednesday fan at work, decent enough fella but does very much apply the 1990’s Wednesday Tax when we’re discussing modern day football. Anyway, he was saying the other week how Wednesday fans are so apathetic towards their club atm and he always says how United fans would never stand for Chansiri as chairman but I absolutely think we would.

I think the majority of us dont really give a fuck anymore and the ones who do voice valid concerns are shot down by the bigger than thou Blades.
We would. What we’re going through isn’t as bad as what they’re copping for, but it’s being met with absolutely no opposition. I don’t see why we’d be any different to them.

Just remember though, youve got to smack them in the mouth 👌

We are a bad owners dream club because we see one promotion to the PL in a decade as success. We are customers who still come and pay the money to the company despite the product served up being rubbish. it is s win-win for bad owners.
Yeah, we’re actually proper losers when you think about it.

The “I hate the premier league” brigade are my favourite. You don’t, you hate supporting a shit team in the premier league.

No wonder there’s so many crooks lining up to buy us, they must see the potential from a mile off.

As a group we’re just totally apathetic, me included. The mere mention of a protest is ridiculed (me included).

Mention how shit we are and you’ll have the bigger blades saying it’s pathetic and we’ve been loads worse, because we were in the old division 4 once.

He’s getting away scot free at the minute whilst we sleepwalk into oblivion and the reality is it makes me sick, I just haven’t got the energy to do anything about it. I’ve been worn down to the point of not caring enough. Even last season, we got promoted and it was a barely audible ‘get in’.

Dozy and Tingo, come on down. It’s time for round two. You’ll get away with it, because we were in league one for 6 years once. And because we once played in league 2.
So you want to moan about it but not do anything about it. 😁

I’m not disagreeing with you, by the way. We all want a change of owner. But it’s hard to see what we can do to achieve that. Car park protests are completely pointless when you have an owner who isn’t even in the country. The Glazers have been proving that for years. They are just an excuse for people to vent by shouting into the wind.

The only things I can think of that would gain some traction are:

1. A mass boycott of a particular game or two

2. A mass boycott of season ticket renewals

As you rightly state, there is far too much apathy for either of those to happen. They just won’t, and we all know that.

So, we really have no choice but to simply accept that we are powerless to change the situation whether we like it or not. That’s the lot of the football fan these days. What we do know is that, at some point, the ownership will change. That will be for better, for worse, or more of the same. And we can’t affect that either.

So, we each individually, have a choice to make, don’t we.

I’m not disagreeing with you, by the way. We all want a change of owner. But it’s hard to see what we can do to achieve that. Car park protests are completely pointless when you have an owner who isn’t even in the country. The Glazers have been proving that for years. They are just an excuse for people to vent by shouting into the wind.

As you rightly state, there is far too much apathy for either of those to happen. They just won’t, and we all know that.

So, we really have no choice but to simply accept that we are powerless to change the situation whether we like it or not. That’s the lot of the football fan these days. What we do know is that, at some point, the ownership will change. That will be for better, for worse, or more of the same. And we can’t affect that either.

Yeah, I said that. 😂

You’re right, the reality of it is with how depressing life is at the moment football is the one thing I and many fan rely on to look forward to at the end of the week. A little break from reality, from the rat race, see some mates and have a pint.

I don’t want to and realistically won’t give that up.

100% facts. The replies to the protest thread the other day confirm this.

The mere mention of this season being ‘embarrassing’ is met with ‘punch them in the mouth then’ 😂😂 and ‘why do you care what they think?’ Like we aren’t living in the real world.

Great post spot on mate

He'll get rid of it quick enough when it starts actually costing money. I reckon if we don't bounce back (which is looking unlikely considering the squad rebuild needed in close season) He'll definitely drop his price. Problem though, anyone with 2 coins to rub together would know we're up for sale and have been for a while and would have gone for us already. Meaning when he does eventually flog....it'll be to another person of similar wealth.

Thing is pal what exactly is there to do about it? Stand up in my seat on the south stand and start shouting and screaming?

The main person I have issue with, our owner, is not even there

I think i have more money in the bank than Dozy and Tingo.and my Mrs buys crap from Temu every day

I don't think anything could make our fans protest these days

I'll admit that I simply don't care as much as I used to but I'd still join in any justifiable protest, out of a sense of duty. But none will ever happen

If there's any dodgy pretend rich geezer out there who fancies a Premier League to non league journey, we're the dream ticket

I think the problem is that football has changed massively since the 90s/00s when there were more fan protests against the owners. The finances involved in running a football club today mean there is a very limited number of people who could afford to own us. So it’s pretty pointless protesting because the owner isn’t going anywhere until some billionaire turns up and buys the club off him.

It’s a case of waiting to win the football club owner lottery, that’s our only chance of success. Which to me, just shows how shit football has become.

I think the problem is that football has changed massively since the 90s/00s when there were more fan protests against the owners. The finances involved in running a football club today mean there is a very limited number of people who could afford to own us. So it’s pretty pointless protesting because the owner isn’t going anywhere until some billionaire turns up and buys the club off him.

It’s a case of waiting to win the football club owner lottery, that’s our only chance of success. Which to me, just shows how shit football has become.
Exactly this. Clubs were owned by local businessmen and obscene wealth wasn’t needed. But that’s changed. McCabe was the last of those we’ll ever see at Bramall Lane, but the game overtook his wealth. As it also did for the likes of Gibson
at Middlesbrough, Delia at Norwich etc etc. The wealth of the owner will largely determine where you are in the pyramid. Jack Walker style wealth will no longer buy the likes of Blackburn a PL title.

These days money has become everything. Sound management and coaching over a period of time will take you quite a way, but even that won’t sustain medium to long term success. That only comes with money. A hell of a lot of it that someone can afford to lose.

The past isn’t coming back. So, we either accept football for what it’s become or we find a different hobby.

Way too many of our fans have seemingly always had this bootlicking ‘little Sheffielder’ mentality.

Need to take a look around at other clubs our size and get an idea of what even a mediocre ownership would look like for us.

By that I mean look farther afield than our own city. Don’t think I’m far wrong when I say that the small mentality of letting Sheffield Wednesdays comedy ownership shape their perspective is a big problem in our fan base.

Get some backbone ffs

Last edited:

I’d love to see some kind of mass protest that’s visible on a world stage. Not a few tennis balls, or car parks, or songs. Something with an immediate impact.

Something that would be seen by a television audience. Either a late arrival by far more than just the three blokes on the row where I sit, or a mass walkout during the first half, preferably well before we are 3-0 down. Or maybe stand up and turn our backs on the game for, say, two minutes. Perhaps everyone could wear coordinated colours, like white for surrender. That seems somehow appropriate.

How would this be organised though? We have a fractured fan base, in that there’s multiple sources where people can get their info, and not everyone uses the same ones. Organising any kind of mass protest would be like trying to herd 25,000 kittens down Bramall Lane. Good luck.

And what if the intended target of the protest wasn’t watching? Would he still get the message? And how do we persuade him to sell up when he’s trying to do precisely that, albeit in a mightily cackhanded fashion that only seems to attract charlatans and crooks?

I’ve had a season ticket for 40 years but I’m not buying one next season. Yesterday was the final straw. You may say “Woe is me” but I struggled like fuck to afford one this season just working for the living wage. My main thought was “these fuckheads don’t give a fuck, why should I?” I think what’s boiling my piss is that most of these shysters are on 20 to 30 grand a week and they don’t care about the fans. Straight into their Mercs, BMW’s, Audis whilst us fucking idiots sit on the bus / tram having another fucking embarrassing fucking afternoon. Fucking Archer spent most of the day on the touchline high fiving the Villa players knowing he’s back there next year, he doesn’t give a shiny shit about us. Another waster on the Bramall Lane gravy train. Fuck off to the lot of them.

I’ve had a season ticket for 40 years but I’m not buying one next season. Yesterday was the final straw. You may say “Woe is me” but I struggled like fuck to afford one this season just working for the living wage. My main thought was “these fuckheads don’t give a fuck, why should I?” I think what’s boiling my piss is that most of these shysters are on 20 to 30 grand a week and they don’t care about the fans. Straight into their Mercs, BMW’s, Audis whilst us fucking idiots sit on the bus / tram having another fucking embarrassing fucking afternoon. Fucking Archer spent most of the day on the touchline high fiving the Villa players knowing he’s back there next year, he doesn’t give a shiny shit about us. Another waster on the Bramall Lane gravy train. Fuck off to the lot of them.
Every season there are always a number of people who decide to stop buying season tickets but at the same time there is always a number of season ticket holders.

Am still buying a season ticket for next season :)

Every season there are always a number of people who decide to stop buying season tickets but at the same time there is always a number of season ticket holders.

Am still buying a season ticket for next season :)
I’ll pick and choose my matches. For the simple reason I just can’t afford a season ticket. I’m not getting in debt for that shambles of a club.

What we wouldn’t do is stand for the way he rips the idiots off. They’ll continue to fall for his bollocks and pay for a season ticket for the next hundred years up front whilst their kids starve and their house is repossessed, whereas most Blades would say fuck that right off and not go

Being a realist doesn’t make you less of a fan as some make out. For me, everyone who puts their hand in their pocket (when they can afford) is a fan. Those who may be worn down by years of ups and downs shouldn’t be derided for admitting that other things in life ARE actually more important and have the sense to leave early when it’s clear the only thing that staying to the end will achieve is a louder boo

Apathy is the biggest concern.

I'm not convinced a protest is merited at present irrespective that it would likely achieve little.

However, there's a feeling of limbo at present with uncertainty about the future not helped by an absent owner seemingly more interested in other sports.

We've spent years building the fanbase with sensible ticket pricing and being largely more successful than our neighbours (who've had obscene pricing).

If next season is a decent one then it will have little impact on the fanbase imho but I'm already seeing fans who never leave early or miss away games, doing exactly that.

If performances continue in the same vein and there's little or no direction from above, that apathy will grow imho. And that's worse than any protest for me.

Apathy is the biggest concern.

I'm not convinced a protest is merited at present irrespective that it would likely achieve little.

However, there's a feeling of limbo at present with uncertainty about the future not helped by an absent owner seemingly more interested in other sports.

We've spent years building the fanbase with sensible ticket pricing and being largely more successful than our neighbours (who've had obscene pricing).

If next season is a decent one then it will have little impact on the fanbase imho but I'm already seeing fans who never leave early or miss away games, doing exactly that.

If performances continue in the same vein and there's little or no direction from above, that apathy will grow imho. And that's worse than any protest for me.
Nail on the head pal. I’m someone who’s gone home and away for 20+ years but have found myself not actually remembering who we’re playing from week to week. I was always able to get away tickets the first day due to the points I had but now found that they’ve sold out before it gets to my chance (and it doesn’t bother me). In the past if I’d missed out for some reason I’d be scrambling about and phoning everyone and anyone to try and get one. I could never get it how mates I’d known who’d gone to places like Portsmouth on a Tuesday night suddenly found other things to do - I now know. People will give pelters saying I’m not a proper fan etc and I get their point, but trust me I am and love this club but it grinds you down and when promotion (last season) is as flat as a pancake it makes you worry what’s happened to you

Nail on the head pal. I’m someone who’s gone home and away for 20+ years but have found myself not actually remembering who we’re playing from week to week. I was always able to get away tickets the first day due to the points I had but now found that they’ve sold out before it gets to my chance (and it doesn’t bother me). In the past if I’d missed out for some reason I’d be scrambling about and phoning everyone and anyone to try and get one. I could never get it how mates I’d known who’d gone to places like Portsmouth on a Tuesday night suddenly found other things to do - I now know. People will give pelters saying I’m not a proper fan etc and I get their point, but trust me I am and love this club but it grinds you down and when promotion (last season) is as flat as a pancake it makes you worry what’s happened to you
We all have different lives, responsibilities, finances etc and as you get older most of us find it easier to put things into perspective and prioritise more important things.

You can still retain that passion for United and get frustrated but missing an away game for me isn't the big deal it once was.

I used to go to most away games each season but for the past 20 years I've probably averaged between 30% and 70% each year. Irrelevant whether we're good, bad, or indifferent. More about family, kick off times, cost, and the day out.

I'm fortunate that my wife has been a Blade all her life and our son is too. We all sit in different stands 😁 to each other but attend plenty of away games together. I sometimes go on my own with friends.

I'll still probably go to Brentford and Newcastle subject to no kick off time changes but I've hot little appetite for many others tbh.

Got to a point where a lot of fans would probably accept a Mike Ashley, myself included, despite all the obvious shortcomings and negativity that brings with it. For what it's worth I don't think PA is the worst owner in the world and I certainly don't harbour any level of resentment towards him - just out of his depth and benefitted from some incredible luck over the years. It's certainly time to pass the Club over to someone who can take it forward (if such a party exists), I think it's clear we're likely heading towards tough times without significant investment in the playing side.

👍

Got to a point where a lot of fans would probably accept a Mike Ashley, myself included, despite all the obvious shortcomings and negativity that brings with it. For what it's worth I don't think PA is the worst owner in the world and I certainly don't harbour any level of resentment towards him - just out of his depth and benefitted from some incredible luck over the years. It's certainly time to pass the Club over to someone who can take it forward (if such a party exists), I think it's clear we're likely heading towards tough times without significant investment in the playing side.
Yep.

We're fucked.

Back
Top Bottom