WBA want Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

we should start hearing about a few credible targets I’d have thought.

Though I think we will only hear about targets once they are signed.

We will hear plenty of speculation from those who think they are ITK though for us to froth over.

While ever CW is given the resources and the backing to consolidate and move forward he will be 'appy'. He will not want us to take a backward step while he is in charge.
If and when that prospect looks a distinct reality will be the time Chris will move on to fresh fields and new challenges.

Wilder is definitely a Blade through and through. He is also a football man and knows that he is right at the top of the tree in his profession, away from the top half of the Premier League that is.

Being a football man he knows that the managerial role is results based.

Even at his beloved SUFC things will change soon. His boss McCabe will be gone, likely the prince too.

The potential new American owners are unknown quantities to us, apart from their Google history. One of them is Head of the Mormon Church in the UK and wrote a book on the ' Morman way to succeed in business' - not many Peronis in that blueprint !

If we look to be struggling in the Premier League into the New Year who knows how much loyalty to CW any new owners will have.

Wilder knows all that and he knows his earning power can change very quickly. Why W.B.A? Well, it's odds on he can achieve another promotion next season. Much safer on hi C.V. than our challenge next season.

Having said that I would never underestimate the Blade within our man's character. All he will be looking for is a fair crack of the whip. Fingers crossed.

Just for one brief moment imagine what we would do if he left tomorrow.
Appoint Alan Knill as caretaker to prove himself?

,'
Appoint Alan Knill as caretaker to prove himself?

Seems, his Sky friends are helping again :

Seems, his Sky friends are helping again :

Miraculous and fortuitous. He's just finished counting his promotion bonus and he can sit down and sign a new improved deal.

Another thing that stumps me is when CW gets asked a reasonable question by the Radio Sheffield lad, the lad gets slapped down like bitch, but when he gets asked a stupid question on Sky/BBC, he respectfully answers it. I can't for the life of me work out why. :rolleyes: 💷 Remember kids, Warnock's a bastard. ;)

Miraculous and fortuitous. He's just finished counting his promotion bonus and he can sit down and sign a new improved deal.

Another thing that stumps me is when CW gets asked a reasonable question by the Radio Sheffield lad, the lad gets slapped down like bitch, but when he gets asked a stupid question on Sky/BBC, he respectfully answers it. I can't for the life of me work out why. :rolleyes: 💷 Remember kids, Warnock's a bastard. ;)
Well he is better than Pep

As we're off to the exploitation league seems he is learning.

If Chris Wilder reads this forum he might rightly be utterly astonished at how little faith some of our fans have in his desire to make his boyhood club become a competitive force in the Premier League and beyond.

I would argue we have seen plenty of evidence to suggest he is a winner, and I doubt he and the backroom staff ever mentioned consolidation in the Championship last season.Play offs as a minimum target.Had they done so we would not have gained promotion. We have not get there by accident.

I'm sure we all remember his public rant about not being good enough after faltering,but I am sure that was simply a statement designed to challenge his team.
"I still believe we can,but do you ?" He was laying down the gauntlet,as he often does,and they rose to the challenge and in the process proved his understanding of human psyche

He strikes me,having met him, as being an incredibly driven character with enormous loyalty to and belief in, footballers who are prepared to run through brick walls for the cause. Perhaps this is one of the reasons he has become a much revered and well respected contributor to our beloved game. Given that,why on earth would he consider another club until every option has been explored to establish us as a Prem Club ?

Moreover why would some "fans" choose to believe he might.? Money is not everyone's motivation.

Some media sources are well practised in the art of creating a story where none exist. And we could argue the particular source in question has an editor who we might argue lacks integrity.

In other words,let your instinct be your guide and of course we are all free to choose what we read but it has bewildered me for years why anyone would exchange hard earned cash for a pile of shite claiming to be content worth taking seriously.

I wonder if he spent time attending games at the Lane bewildered by the often irrational verbal rhetoric some "Supporters" level at our Club, and part of his driver has been to prove to us all that we can be the successful club our potential deserves with some shrewd behind the scenes and on the pitch decisions.

The man is a phookin genius given the comparative minimal resources at his disposal.

I think he is instinctively intelligent and learns quickly what does not work not letting his ego overcome pragmatism.Making mistakes is how we learn and improve.

I know I am not being original here,much of this has been explored at length,but I do think he deserves better than some of the short term knee jerk negative thinking he cops for on a football forum.

He may well not be here forever, so let's appreciate what we have and ignore those desperate journo's trying to make a living using dubious methods.

West Brom my arse.:tumbleweed:. UTB

I don’t think that many Blades are really saying that they think Chris could walk are they? Most I know think that he could use the situation (if true) to give the owners nod that there’s urgent work to be done on the pitch, not just in the court room.

Please explain exactly what you intend by your comments Nic. I sense you disrespect our great man.

While ever CW is given the resources and the backing to consolidate and move forward he will be 'appy'. He will not want us to take a backward step while he is in charge.
If and when that prospect looks a distinct reality will be the time Chris will move on to fresh fields and new challenges.

My concern is that very reality could be right here and now. Our owners are in limbo.

He just won LMA manager of the year. You spent the season bad mouthing a team that got promotion against the odds.
I know which one is full of shit.

And you, most of the time, are a toxic troublemaker. Not a good word to say about the club. Ever.

Wilder apologist. ;)

Just read this pig bastards activity and all his messages are negative why are the mods letting pricks like this post utter drivel. I don’t mind pigs on here fair play to them but wankers like this trying to cause shit need to be banned. Now then flower fuck off back to Owlstalk and let all your mates know you came on here pretending to be a Blade!

Foxy get this wanker removed he is clearly a pig!

until our owners sort themselves out it is always going to be a worry.

I find that worrying about what to worry about next is the biggest worry.

Imagine if we end up with new owners with unlimited funds but CW does not like them.

Or the new owners wish for a more media sweet manager like Frank of the Lampards.

Not usually ITK but I was in the Moto services on the M42 earlier today and I saw Wilder queuing for a KFC. I tapped him on the arm and said 'WABAW' to which he grinned, gave me a middle finger, undid his jeans, bent over and proudly presented his ample buttocks. From left to right the tatoo read 'We're all Baggies aren't we !'

To say I was gutted would be an understatement. I reckon he might be off 🙁

If Wilder needs to resort to rumours of other clubs wanting him to get a pay rise then I think he needs get a new agent.

This was mentioned 3 times in the Sky article........

However, Sky Sports News understands that ........

Understands means.........we are telling lies to make up a story. F

I don’t think that many Blades are really saying that they think Chris could walk are they? Most I know think that he could use the situation (if true) to give the owners nod that there’s urgent work to be done on the pitch, not just in the court room.

Wilder's obviously intelligent, talented, and ambitious. He wouldn't be doing us his best if he weren't capable of putting his foot down. That might mean walking away.

I hope Wilder is strong enough that there are some circumstances under which he'd leave. We need someone with that strength. I also hope those circumstances never arise.

Back
Top Bottom