Warnock gets his dig in

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He also got us into the big time. I get that people can't take to him, he often comes across as arrogant, but dinosaur or not, he's a character, and football needs characters.

Agree to an extent but he has had his day, and character or not, I think most people (Blades included) got bored of him a while ago.

Praises Wilder and our system to high heaven on TS but when Jamie O'Hara asks about any of our backline getting an England call up, he says Henderson is decent but our players are 'bang average'.

Can't help himself.
Makes Utd.'s bang average players better than him then.

It does my head in when I hear people trotting out this line, of course hes going to say that, hes not going to start a new job at Palace or whoever and say 'your fans are good but nothing compared to the Blades' is he? Be a brilliant way to start a new job by pissing off the fans.

Would you start a new job and say to the boss or coworkers "well its nice here but my last job was so much better and the people I worked with were better than you"?

People take comments like this far too literally.
Why waste your time saying anything though or here’s a thought just leave out the word best and just say great fans.

I couldn't care what Colin thinks he lost my support when he was willing to go to Portsmouth whilst in the middle of a promotion season with the "team he loves". He is however a very good championship manager, but why would you ask the advise of a championship manager about a premier league team?

We'll see one way or the other after Saturdays game how good Utd's players are. Spurs got a big boost after last nights Euro game, before that I believe there confidence was fragile.

At the final whistle of the Wigan game, with everyone looking suicidal, I shouted "Cheer up folks - at least that'll be the end of bloody Warnock!"
Needless to say at the time, it didn't go down too well - but I always take a long-term view on things in life.

Driving home from work listening to TalkSport, Durham and Darren Bent just played the clip of Warnock calling our players bang average.

They both laughed and couldn’t understand the comment. Durham said it was a poor choice of words whilst Bent said something like they can’t be average as they’re playing at a consistently high level and are 6th in the PL.

Abit earlier they’d been questioning JOC and Henderson’s England omissions. Durham said if Egan was English he’d be in the squad.

The media now ❤️ us.

When Blades pod did the comparison to the last PL team they’ve kind of disturbed my memory of what I thought was a hard luck season as plucky new comers to the PL. They correctly pointed out that we were negative and wank throughout that season. This was due to Warnock’s tactics and antics in my opinion.

He needs to go and take his plastic face to the farm in Cornwall.

I heard it and my first thought was it was very disrespectful to the players concerned.

I also thought how the hell does he motivate players of his own if he calls players who are performing like ours in the Premier League “bang average”

What must they think he thinks of them?

I also think the only reason he singled out Henderson was because he was a Man U player so in his head he thinks he’s decent (which he’s more than) but so are the bulk of our players.

I find myself wondering how long it will take before our squad and individual players are given the recognition they deserve.

At the moment the overriding comments from clueless pundits seems to be that iwe have Championship players playing above themselves and the sum is greater than its parts.

How long before someone turns round and says ‘actually Jack o‘ Connell and John Lundstram are top Premier League players and so is...

Maybe when we gatecrash the Champions League places they might take a second look at what we’re actually doing and who we’re doing it with.

Not Warnock though, there’s a reason he’s never been a success at the top level.

The wanksock that is Neil Warnock just doesn’t do irony. He’s a legend in his own lunchtime, thinking he’s a mix of Alf Ramsey, Brian Clough and God himself. Watching some of the turgid shit he turned out over the years and there was some, even watching Cardiff now and they’re boring as fuck style of play. Do me a favour, retire and spend some time rubbing Regaine onto the two areas where your eyebrows once were. Bellend.
Neil Wanksock. Like it

Jealousy is a terrible thing , we did have some wonderful times under him , but I don't love him l like I love Wilder 👨‍❤️‍💋‍👨.
If it wasn't for the fact he was our manager I wouldn't really like him at all , and other mangers such as Kendall and of course Bassett I like more .
JOC bang average FFS , the boys a machine 💪

United's away record under Warnock in 2006/07: P19 W3 D2 L14 F8 A34 Pts8

United's away record under Wilder this season: P5 W1 D4 L0 F6 A4 Pts7

We need to take one point from the next 14 away matches to match Warnock's record in 2006/07.

One very clear explanation for why he's on national media talking us down now.

Must admit I think people are getting away with the England call ups.

Dean Henderson ought to replace Pope and there is a possibility JOC could be on standby but that’s it for me.

but then again if they can pick Keane from Everton anyone has a chance.....

Can’t agree more with warnock’s comment being irrelevant, he got players playing above potential for a couple of seasons but unfortunately on one or more occasions has proved his level, Wilder will take us much further.

I highly doubt it because he’s a bit of a smarmy twat but after having thought about it for a second or two, perhaps he was saying that our players were “bang average” meaning Wilder is doing a remarkable job with said players?

He’s still disrespectful regardless as our players are a lot better than “bang average”, he’s in no place to judge our club.

Fuck him the prick. No real die hard blade behaves the way he has since he’s left the club.

I listened to it and knew he was going to come out with something like that. The way he said bang average smacked of complete bitterness.

The guy is an odious character always has been always will be. I disliked him when he was our manager and he was the main reason we were relegated.

He hates the fact we took their place in the premier league and proving you can play teams without hoping to just get a throw in. His tactics away from home were a disgrace and watching his Cardiff team nothing much has changed.

He couldn’t lace Chris Wilders boots and shouldn’t even be mentioned in the same breath as him/

You can trace all our problems over the last 12 years back to his decisions in the January transfer window of 2007. For that, I will never forgive him.
Doesn't surprise me on here. Just look at the recent vitriol aimed at McCabe in recent weeks. Same will happen with Wilder one day.

Not a chance! There was a big section of our fanbase couldn’t stand him and the Warnock show even after he got us promoted. Wilder is on a different planet to the prick!

We'll see one way or the other after Saturdays game how good Utd's players are.

No we won’t. That will be established over 38 games, having played each of the other teams home and away.

There will be knee-jerks and tantrums if we lose to Tottenham’s high-quality international footballers, but that’s how our sophisticated fans function. It’s the Bladesfans’ Way.

Praises Wilder and our system to high heaven on TS but when Jamie O'Hara asks about any of our backline getting an England call up, he says Henderson is decent but our players are 'bang average'.

Can't help himself.
If our players are "bang average" wtf does that make his shower of shite😵. Been sucking on them Lennon's ageean😊

Can't help himself.
If anyone was under the Impression that Warnock has any interest in anything or anyone other than himself, then they really do need to wake up......his “achievement” to get us up in 2006/7 took him years......his cynical ways and tactics were appalling at times and all he does is self publicise........watch his interviews.....they all get round to talking about his favourite subject - HIMSELF.
I’m sick of hearing that this is his last season - every season!!!!!.
He’s no expert......and does not have a clue.......In fact he’s bang average!

Awful man. a dinosaur of the game and an embarrassment to the club. cost the club fortunes with his appearance fee shenanigans too. how people still repsect/like him here is beyond me

Back
Top Bottom