Vini 10 men

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jogging around with his socks down. Didnt give a fck. Like the rest.
He sprinted back into shape, time after time, leaving their back 4 completely free to pass it along or do whatever they wanted with it - over the top, out to the wings, even through the middle - we looked obsessed with a shape that gave them absolute freedom to do whatever they wanted.

Souza has the look of the player we have been screaming out for, for a long time. Big, strong and athletic looking.
That’s as far as it goes, he is generally always late in the tackle (when he makes / tries to make one). He’s not even physically imposing, he’s just ‘there’, not doing a lot.
Complete waste of a shirt. Even little Ben Wouid be better and that’s saying something.

There are two players that try to win the ball in that team: RND and Souza. Mcburnie and Osborn when they play. A big problem. We were playing a high line first half which meant six or seven United players in their half. One or two simple passes into midfield and a simple dink over the top and they were clean through on our goal. We don't have the players to play so offensively. Suicide football.

Now I would turn it round. We had the warning about the dink over the top before it resulted in a goal. Anel got caught out as he’s been caught before flat footed and slow to turn. That’s why they played it. So, firstly why doesn’t he play slightly back to avoid that and the big thing for me, as an ex keeper, WES you’re allowed to come out of that big white rectangle and play like a sweeper, especially when you keep seeing your centre back done for pace on a through ball. We don’t have a defence with a brain bar Robinson and Baldock.

Understand why he’s all over the shop (at times) and you might just see it for what it is.

Same issue as with Egan trying to do 3 jobs !!

UTB

He’s all over the shop because he lacks any sort of positional intelligence.

Reactions: SWB
Come on. If any club was going to have a shit Brazilian, it was going to be us.

Understand why he’s all over the shop (at times) and you might just see it for what it is.

Same issue as with Egan trying to do 3 jobs !!

UTB
So he’s failing 3x in one match. Think that’s a little harsh. As he’s not doing anyone’s job.

He sprinted back into shape, time after time, leaving their back 4 completely free to pass it along or do whatever they wanted with it - over the top, out to the wings, even through the middle - we looked obsessed with a shape that gave them absolute freedom to do whatever they wanted.
I know when your midfield is playing left wing making tackles. You got to realise we are in deep trouble within 2/3 passes.

Honestly, we may as well have just signed Doyle and McAtee again, kept Ndiaye and Berge until January and sold them then of the writing was already on the wall.

The team that got promoted before any PL money is better than this one.

Everyone was terrible yesterday. The thing that I like about vini (and this isn't an excuse) is I feel like he is at least trying to give his all. If someone's not good enough, that's not really their fault, they shouldn't have been bought. If someone isn't trying, they don't deserve to be part of our club and need to be told where to go.

He at least seems to try and give everything.

If we hadn't just loaned out all our academy players I would be tempted to put them all in the team for next week... but for me, vini would still get a starting 11 place.

I felt sorry for Souza. He was hung out to dry from the off virtually playing on his own and outnumbered in that formation. Even Rodri would have struggled.
Not only Souza and Brooks held out to dry the back three had no cover what so ever.
Once Villa had bypassed our front 3 the room they had just destroyed any shape the defence had.Brooks and Souza were totally exposed both had too much ground to cover and couldn't protect the defence.
Villas clever and mobile attacking players just destroyed our inexperienced defenders .
Who do you blame for this!
has to be the management team !.Our defence has been poor all season not all down to them as the midfield just doesn't give it any cover at all.
Wilder certainly read the tea leaves wrong here ! we
cannot go for it against quick and clever players which all teams seem to have.
Felt sorry for young Brooksy given a Job to do with players all around him not wanting the ball.
We must evoid throwing some of our young lads in as it totally destroyes confidence getting tanked like this,hopefully Brookes will shrug it off as he is a naturally confident player.
Wilder must wonder what he's let himself in for ! He
Definitely got it wrong today though.

I’m not going to criticise individual players as it’s been obvious all season they’re all out of their depth. The only players to cope at this level were sold before we kicked a ball. Let’s face it, the entire club is out of its depth. It looked it last time, and it’s just proved it this time around.

You have an agenda against him and you’ve made that clear plenty of times
Nope

I don’t

I just think he’s rubbish and a fraud of a player - based on what I’ve seen

All about opinions, thought he was far from our worst player yesterday.. Sat with a West Ham fan when we played then the other week and he thought he was our stand out player.
Weird how people see the game differently, I agree he was our best player. Trusty was by far the worst player on the pitch in my opinion.

Believe it or not, we are not passing backwards enough! Man City and Brighton 2700 passes backwards each , bottom clubs of league circa 1200....

I'm watching at home and I know there's been some debate about Souza on here. But he's been utterly shocking and it's honestly like we've been playing with 10 men. Floats around and leaves loads of gaps just in front of a very shakey defence.
I think we need to look at the players around him. It’s a midfield unit. One player can’t press 3…certainly not of Villa’s quality. That’s what happens a lot of the time. Where were brooks and macca today in that midfield?… absolutely no where. Hamer was a big miss. We seriously lack athleticism (pace and size) of ball winners in that midfield. It can’t just be Souza (who doesn’t have the pace)

Lies with Wilder that. He went for some of our quickest players hoping they’d apply a quick press on their midfield (not that there’s much speed there) but none of those pressed as a unit. Macca and Brooks are not players to win the ball back and have lots to learn defensively.

Souza went on his own and Brooks and Macca + Diaz or Osula should press as a pack. They don’t and it’s a simple pass around. It makes Souza look like an idiot pressing on his own. There’s an argument that his decision making should be better but I think the bigger argument is where the fuck are the rest of team….

Happened also with Diaz chasing down on his own and looking bewildered at where the other 2 or 3 were not with him. Hamer usually is.

More concerning was holgate. Rushing out of position when he shouldn’t have, leaving massive gaps. I don’t expect my right cb to rush out like he did for that first goal. Sunday league stuff. His marking and positional play was non existent. Looks atrocious. Poor decision to throw him in today because he is quicker.. that loan stank of last minute 3rd choice desperation that we couldn’t get one of our targets.

I don’t think we’ll see that lineup again this season. Tried something, shouldn’t have really.. should have been obvious that wasn’t going to work and we were rightly slapped down the first time they attacked… and then everytime after.

Add in to the above the atrocious personal performances from most (Anel, Trusty and RND in particular), broken confidence and lack of spine… lucky it wasn’t more.

Back
Top Bottom