Vincent Pericard - Surely Not !

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WeltonBlade

Old Member
Reaction score
From the official site, Vincent is back and having a trial and playing for the Reserves.

A free agent apparently, recently released and deemed not worthy of a new contract by.....can you guess? .... well can you ? eh? eh?

Of course you can.

Is it just me..................

what we need to do is spent £113124124124124,00000,0000 on a striker if we dont go up the club will go out of existence but we really need to show some ambition by spending money we havent got

what we need to do is spent £113124124124124,00000,0000 on a striker if we dont go up the club will go out of existence but we really need to show some ambition by spending money we havent got

Wait a minute, Vincent Pericard was shite the first time we had him so why will he be good enough to fire us into the Premiership this time?

Richard Creswell is the same, he's never been a "scores for fun" striker so why has Blackwell signed him? For his electric pace?

Rolling back the years with these signings.

Players who we were in for and turned us down and players who did naff all for us.

if we're going to get a former player surely it must be NADE!

F*ck it why not see if Deano will come out of retirement, hed still have more to offer than Periscope and Pigwell put together.

Unbelievable.

F*ck off Blackwell you useless f*cking t*at.

our but if you listened to richard cresswell the gaffer wants to play him on the wing not his natural position, so maybe pericard will be playing between the sticks????????????????? anything is possible when it comes to united

What are the club thinking, making this public knowledge! After a performance last night, and an obvious disgruntlement amongst fans that they've signed Richard Creswell! They announce Vincent Pericard is on trial! FFS!

Cresswell and Pericard, two strikers who are both over 6 feet tall and previously at Stoke.

Hmmm...

We're not asking them to break the bank, we're asking that they dont continue to scrape the bottom of the barrel!

our but if you listened to richard cresswell the gaffer wants to play him on the wing not his natural position, so maybe pericard will be playing between the sticks????????????????? anything is possible when it comes to united

Cresswell on the wing?

What.The.F**K

He played their for Stoke in the Championship. I'm sure he filled it a Right Back sometimes too at Preston I think it was...

Yes, he's played left wing most of the time at Stoke. I think people are somewhat mistaken in thinking he's an old fashioned target man. First of all he's a hard working player, chases defenders around, and from left wing is supposed to get into the box and be a goal threat. He scored quite a few when Stoke won promotion, but scored none in the Premiership, and was at times ridiculed, as he blatantly wasn't good enough at that level.

I saw Treacy's injury as a chance to see what Reid can do for us, but like Dyer last season, Blackwell seems unwilling to play an out and out winger, at least if Cotterill is on the other side. He may have a point in that two out and out wingers can be too attacking, but if we line up with Little on the right and either Cresswell or Quinn on the left we're back to having one of the slowest forward lines in the country.

One that did conjour two goals in 15 minutes last night though!

Admittedly against a panic stricken Ipswich though.

Cresswell and Pericard....Although the latter is only on trial and has not signed, you do get the feeling that the club is suddenly going backwards - and quickly.

Cresswell and Pericard....Although the latter is only on trial and has not signed, you do get the feeling that the club is suddenly going backwards - and quickly.

Rapidly becoming a laughing stock.
We seem to have moved the re-profiling goalposts from younger, hungrier, maybe with a sell-on value players to old, washed-up or simply crap.
Can't we just drop the pretence about being progressive?
It fits with absolutely nothing the club is currently doing on the pitch.

Shall I explain what Trialist means? The clue's in the word. He's on Trial, meaning we haven't signed him, we're just trialling him. Perhaps he'll be ok? Perhaps not... but guess what.... thats the point of a trial.

Keep up, i know its complicated

Brilliant. So even when Blackie trys to sort the problem he still gets slated. Perhaps Blackie read this board last week and on Sunday decided "them lads think we need a striker, I'll go and seek one or two out"

I'm not saying I want this lad, but it seems no matter what there's someone ready and waiting to have a go.

Will you all boo him as well?!? He sounds like good booing material.

On a serious note, does anyone think that Blackie found NW's book of "reight good strikers" when he was clearing the office drawers out.

Akinbyi next...

Shall I explain what Trialist means? The clue's in the word. He's on Trial, meaning we haven't signed him, we're just trialling him. Perhaps he'll be ok? Perhaps not... but guess what.... thats the point of a trial.

Keep up, i know its complicated

Brilliant. So even when Blackie trys to sort the problem he still gets slated. Perhaps Blackie read this board last week and on Sunday decided "them lads think we need a striker, I'll go and seek one or two out"

I'm not saying I want this lad, but it seems no matter what there's someone ready and waiting to have a go.

Will you all boo him as well?!? He sounds like good booing material.

On a serious note, does anyone think that Blackie found NW's book of "reight good strikers" when he was clearing the office drawers out.

Akinbyi next...

Surely Marcus Bent is a better option than Cresswell or Pericard?

To be honest, I don’t think it matters who Blackwell brings in, his signings just don’t seem to work out for one reason or another:

Sun Jihai – Started really well but a silly sending off and the emergence of Kyle saw him feature sparingly throughout last season and has since been shipped off to Chengdu. Miss

Henderson – Some love him, some hate him, but £2m for a striker who has scored 10 in 47 is not a great return. Hit and Miss

Justin Haber – Yet to play a game, shipped off to Hungary in Jan. Miss

David Cotterill – Signed after a superb loan spell at the back end of 07. Yet to produce anywhere near the same form when signed permanently. Miss

Brian Howard – A player who bags 18 goals from midfield in a poor Barnsley team does not become bad overnight. Yet he signs for us and whala. Miss

Jamie Ward – Exception to the rule. Looks a really good buy. Hit

Lee Williamson – Sustained a long term injury in pre season. (very unfortunate but has to be a Miss)

Kyel Reid – Maybe he’s one for the future, but you would have thought if Blacky had any confidence in him he would have come on for Tracey on Sat and started on the left last night. Miss

Andy Taylor – Looks very average, quite good on the ball, but lacks pace. Keeping Naismiths seat warm. Hit and Miss

Ched Evans – Very, very early days, but doesn’t look anything like a £3m striker at the mo. Miss

Ryan France – Looked very poor in his brief appearances so far. Miss

Glen Little – Injuries have restricted him to a brief 20min appearance last night. Hit and Miss

Jordan Stewart – Recently signed and hardly played yet. Too early to judge

James Harper – Early signs suggest he may be Howard Mk2????

So, 14 signings and one ‘Hit’. Of course it’s all conjecture and this is just my naive opinion, but as I say, Blackwell’s signings just don’t seem to come off - maybe he’s just unlucky.......

who is the next trialist....

tommy johnson?

geoff horsfield?

iffy onura?

michael twiss?

mr blackwell you are a joke. the bloke has never been able to hit a bulls arse with a banjo and never will be.

Swiss we know what triallist means!! have you been round long enough to remember the last time he played for us? well let me tell you he was carp then and he's not improved since!! He's had his trial here and it didn't work out so why again numerous years later?

We needed strikers and our answer is Cresswell..then to rub salt in the wounds we get Pericard on trial..

according to wiki he's managed 117 appearances since 99. just the type of player we need blackwell you utter toby.

This is all rather depressing, it feels like we're moving backwards 10 years. :(

Heath out!

To be honest, I don’t think it matters who Blackwell brings in, his signings just don’t seem to work out for one reason or another:

Sun Jihai – Started really well but a silly sending off and the emergence of Kyle saw him feature sparingly throughout last season and has since been shipped off to Chengdu. Miss

Henderson – Some love him, some hate him, but £2m for a striker who has scored 10 in 47 is not a great return. Hit and Miss

Justin Haber – Yet to play a game, shipped off to Hungary in Jan. Miss

David Cotterill – Signed after a superb loan spell at the back end of 07. Yet to produce anywhere near the same form when signed permanently. Miss

Brian Howard – A player who bags 18 goals from midfield in a poor Barnsley team does not become bad overnight. Yet he signs for us and whala. Miss

Jamie Ward – Exception to the rule. Looks a really good buy. Hit

Lee Williamson – Sustained a long term injury in pre season. (very unfortunate but has to be a Miss)

Kyel Reid – Maybe he’s one for the future, but you would have thought if Blacky had any confidence in him he would have come on for Tracey on Sat and started on the left last night. Miss

Andy Taylor – Looks very average, quite good on the ball, but lacks pace. Keeping Naismiths seat warm. Hit and Miss

Ched Evans – Very, very early days, but doesn’t look anything like a £3m striker at the mo. Miss

Ryan France – Looked very poor in his brief appearances so far. Miss

Glen Little – Injuries have restricted him to a brief 20min appearance last night. Hit and Miss

Jordan Stewart – Recently signed and hardly played yet. Too early to judge

James Harper – Early signs suggest he may be Howard Mk2????

So, 14 signings and one ‘Hit’. Of course it’s all conjecture and this is just my naive opinion, but as I say, Blackwell’s signings just don’t seem to come off - maybe he’s just unlucky.......

Sorry, forgot the signing and puzzling sale of Leigh Bromby. Miss.

Swiss we know what triallist means!! have you been round long enough to remember the last time he played for us? well let me tell you he was carp then and he's not improved since!! He's had his trial here and it didn't work out so why again numerous years later?

We needed strikers and our answer is Cresswell..then to rub salt in the wounds we get Pericard on trial..

Yep I remember him. Never rated him, but... HE's on Trial, meaning if he's carp then we won't sign him.

Some players improve with time, some get worse, but to have a go at Blackie on this basis is a joke.

Its not like he's sitting idley twiddling his thumbs, he's trying to get players in!

But better still he's making sure he's sure of the players before he signs them... a la Glen Little, Jonathan Fortune.

And guess what... players that didn't make the bar on trial, weren't signed!

Creswell and now maybe Pericard...

I don't know weather to laugh or cry. What a joke.

Back
Top Bottom