CONFIRMED Vinícius Souza

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Well he's certainly no Ndiaye replacement, or Berge, so if anyone is expecting that, then expect disappointment.

He's never played in the belgium second tier btw.
Played 18 games in 20/21 at that level according to transfermarkt

He’d better be fucking good
I’ve put a lot of thought into this song

Souza, what a baller, Souza

You play for Dem Blayards
Like nobody does
The first time I saw you
I knew it was love

(the Gibson Brothers, Cuba)

He’d better be fucking good
I’ve put a lot of thought into this song

You play for Dem Blayards
Like nobody does
The first time I saw you
I knew it was love

(the Gibson Brothers, Cuba)

I always remember one of Slav's games in charge, a Tuesday night game away at Boro on Sky (Warnock was still their manager I think), we lost 2 - 0 totally lost the midfield battle and got bullied in the middle of the pitch all night. Every week it seemed like the opposition had a physical advantage on us all over the pitch.

After that game, I always thought we were crying out for an enforcer option in the midfield to allow say Berge more licence to get in on the attacks.

Having watched the vids of Souza, he might not be here to split a defence wide open, but he could play a massive role when we are up against it. The statistics don't lie, whilst some of the more name players he's being compared to (like Tchoumaeni at Real Madrid) will admittedly do less defending over a season, the defensive stats are still very impressive.

Very happy with the potential of this signing actually. Welcome aboard (once confirmed hopefully!).

We have needed some steel (quite apt bearing in mind our city background) in out midfield for some time now. Someone who can put a foot in and do the less glamorous side. We have at times been soft as shit in the middle of the park and I'm hoping this lad toughens us up here considerably. The offensive side of our game is lacking but at least we should start to be more difficult to score against with this lad and Trusty on board. A step in the right direction.

We have needed some steel (quite apt bearing in mind our city background) in out midfield for some time now. Someone who can put a foot in and do the less glamorous side. We have at times been soft as shit in the middle of the park and I'm hoping this lad toughens us up here considerably. The offensive side of our game is lacking but at least we should start to be more difficult to score against with this lad and Trusty on board. A step in the right direction.
Completely agree. I feel as disappointed as anyone at the players we have lost (and still not replaced Doyle / McAtee yet) - but I think the DM role was always going to be important to fill, particularly this season when at least half our games if not a few more, we may have to make the most of 30% -40% possession and be set up as an effective counter-attacking team.

The fact Kompany was looking at him (no doubt highlighted to him through his connections to City and the City Group) - gives me confidence we've done plenty of homework on him. As you say Trusty will give us much needed pace, hopefully this signing allows him and Anel to join in the attacks in the more 'winnable fixtures' when we will see a bit more of possession, and we can hopefully pen teams in a bit more at home.

Another midfielder, preferably box-to-box, and signing a couple of forwards would suddenly make things seem a bit brighter again after the recent doom and gloom (which I've felt too). But we might have to wait until the end of the window for those positions to be filled.

To the tune of Sussudio by Phil Collins..

There's a player that's been on my mind,
All the time, Sou Sou-Souza, oh-oh
He tackles and gets away with murder,
He's better than Sander Berge
Sou Sou-Souza, whoa-oh

Has this guy actually signed yet ?

Is he signing?

Is it all another smokescreen?
F me / it goes on and on and on and on

I was doing a little maths, after selling Ndiaye and Berge, I can't see any reason (unless other clubs have our pants down) why we can't sign:

• Souza
  • Akpom
  • Hamer
  • O'brien
And bring in 2 loans

I was doing a little maths, after selling Ndiaye and Berge, I can't see any reason (unless other clubs have our pants down) why we can't sign:

• Souza
  • Akpom
  • Hamer
  • O'brien
And bring in 2 loans

Think back to the PA interview. On negotiating skills he did a bit of theatrics to perpetuate the perception that we are absolutely brasic and about to go under refusing to take follow up questions that we are broke re negotiations.

I recon this is the plan, Hecky is in on it with angry comments and hissy fits at sales. If we ended up with this int transfer window no one would complain.

We will be late pulling it off but that Ndiaye’s fault, not Hecky, PA or negotiating team. Don’t be blinded by Ndiaye’s undoubted talent, we will miss it but he Royally shafted SUFC with his 11:59pm late decision.

The damage Ndiaye and his agent has done with his appalling disregard for SUFC will affect us for years if we get relegated due to his recklessness. It was his decision and I respect it but he should have respected us and made it in a more timely less damaging manner.

Most will blindly forgive him, I don’t, this is mainly his sh!t show. But as I say if the combined efforts of the clubs owner, scouts and negotiators get this combo we’ve come out of it pretty strong, if not for this season but for next.

Lock the remaining players in the ground till Saturday

If it's any consolation 'we are trying really hard to bring in our targets'.🥱

We don't intend to actually sign any, but we are trying really hard and giving our best. And that's what really matters as per our Mum's on school sport days. 😏

I will try the same United transfer team tactic when the missus tells me I have to decorate the spare bedroom. 'Listen honey, we (me and the dog) are trying really hard to bring in the wallpaper and the paint' (whilst we sit on our arses drinking beer and watching the footie).

Not sure she will be so easily fooled. Might need to bring in Daz to tweet updates to her like 'he would prefer an off white Matt paint but thinks it is overpriced so will wait to pounce later in the month' or 'he needs brushes and wallpaper paste but Wilko's are refusing to move on the price'. Easy this do fuck all lark.

• Souza
  • Akpom
  • Hamer
  • O'brien
And bring in 2 loans

...because they don’t want to come ?

Think back to the PA interview. On negotiating skills he did a bit of theatrics to perpetuate the perception that we are absolutely brasic and about to go under refusing to take follow up questions that we are broke re negotiations.

I recon this is the plan, Hecky is in on it with angry comments and hissy fits at sales. If we ended up with this int transfer window no one would complain.

We will be late pulling it off but that Ndiaye’s fault, not Hecky, PA or negotiating team. Don’t be blinded by Ndiaye’s undoubted talent, we will miss it but he Royally shafted SUFC with his 11:59pm late decision.

The damage Ndiaye and his agent has done with his appalling disregard for SUFC will affect us for years if we get relegated due to his recklessness. It was his decision and I respect it but he should have respected us and made it in a more timely less damaging manner.

Most will blindly forgive him, I don’t, this is mainly his sh!t show. But as I say if the combined efforts of the clubs owner, scouts and negotiators get this combo we’ve come out of it pretty strong, if not for this season but for next.

By all accounts mate the Marseille chairman contacted Ndiaye after he had decided to stay and all but signed up and said "it's now or never son...sign for us now or we won't come back for you whilst I am in charge" or words to that effect anyway. So essentially they blackmailed him.

I am sure in his heart Ndiaye was torn, but before that intervention he had probably figured that he could renew his contract with us, get a huge pay rise, a year in the PL and then move to Marseille when they would trigger a (presumably) very reasonable release clause next summer. Everyone wins in the long term.

So I agree we were shafted by the late decision, but I think there were forces at work and to some extent the lad was stuck in the middle. I have said this numerous times already, but I will say it again for good measure. I hope Olympique Marseille sinks into the fucking sea.

By all accounts mate the Marseille chairman contacted Ndiaye after he had decided to stay and all but signed up and said "it's now or never son...sign for us now or we won't come back for you whilst I am in charge" or words to that effect anyway. So essentially they blackmailed him.

I am sure in his heart Ndiaye was torn, but before that intervention he had probably figured that he could renew his contract with us, get a huge pay rise, a year in the PL and then move to Marseille when they would trigger a (presumably) very reasonable release clause next summer. Everyone wins in the long term.

So I agree we were shafted by the late decision, but I think there were forces at work and to some extent the lad was stuck in the middle. I have said this numerous times already, but I will say it again for good measure. I hope Olympique Marseille sinks into the fucking sea.
Understand and agree, but when dust has settled it shafted the club after we had given enough to make him stay. We would have been well down the line with incomings and outgoings based on him staying but then boooom. Unforgivable.

Back
Top Bottom