Villa 1 Bmouth 2

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Villa deserved something from the Spurs game and by all accounts should’ve at least had a point today so i wouldn’t read too much into it at this stage of proceedings.

Villa deserved something from the Spurs game and by all accounts should’ve at least had a point today so i wouldn’t read too much into it at this stage of proceedings.

Don’t think Villa deserved anything....I watched the whole match....
Villa were very good for 65 minutes....very even game with Spurs looking tired and lethargic. Spurs played similar to how Bournmouth played us.
Then Spurs brought on Eriksen as sub....Villa started sitting back defending deep to hold their lead....
Spurs equalised then they went up a few gears for the last 15 minutes and looked very impressive.

For the last 15 minutes Villa looked like a Championship side and were getting outclassed....3-1 to Spurs was a fair result.

Did they? I’ve only seen the goals but the stats looked like a right pasting

Don’t think Villa deserved anything....I watched the whole match....
Villa were very good for 65 minutes....very even game with Spurs looking tired and lethargic. Spurs played similar to how Bournmouth played us.
Then Spurs brought on Eriksen as sub....Villa started sitting back defending deep to hold their lead....
Spurs equalised then they went up a few gears for the last 15 minutes and looked very impressive.

For the last 15 minutes Villa looked like a Championship side and were getting outclassed....3-1 to Spurs was a fair result.
Did they? I’ve only seen the goals but the stats looked like a right pasting
Villa had 3 great chances to finish the game off in the first half.

All I’m saying is don’t right Villa off after 2 games, one against a top 3 Prem side away from home and the other against a very good counter attacking team.

All three promoted sides have a really good chance of more than holding their own this season.

If nowt else, we riled Bournemouth up right royally, just before they played another survival rival.

I watched villa game today. That 22m lad up front wesley is a proper donkey on that showing. Money wasted.

I for one hope Villa continue this way if only because of the arrogance of a mate of mine who smugly proclaimed that they were Rich, had spent very well on quality players and would surprise a fair few this season on the way to a comfortable mid to top half finish. We of course...would go down having bought overpriced average championship players!!

I saw the first half and quite a bit of the second half, although it was my birthday that day and I was already well on my way to getting well and truly trollied. 🤣
So basically you watched if half cut and decided Villa deserved something? ............right. Try a re run when sober.

villa talk said:
OK. Having watched the match back on the extended match choice highlights on Sky, this result was a travesty.
We absolutely murdered them, a more one sided match it would be hard to see.
We absolutely gifted them 2 goals and they virtually had nothing else. We could and should have scored 5 or 6 and on another day we would have.
We were the better team by a country mile.

Quote I just saw on villa talk. Admittedly I've only watched the normal highlights but from what I can see, the arrogance and delusion remains strong

Thought Villa started well vs Spurs but it was just a case of class slowly winning out. It was a bit of a warning for us too because in spite of holding their own for much of the game as soon as Spurs stepped it up a notch they were out of sight. That's the level of quality we've been warned about.

As far as the season goes, I wouldn't read much into that opening game.

Today's result certainly makes our point last week look better but I don't know if Bournemouth made any changes. We shouldn't panic if we lose tomorrow and Villa shouldn't panic from losing again today. It's going to be a tough season and there's no shame if it takes a little time to adjust.

So basically you watched if half cut and decided Villa deserved something? ............right. Try a re run when sober.
I have taken your advice and just watched the extended highlights online, whilst the top 3 prem sides class did shine through in the end I’ll still stick to my guns and say Villa did have some good chances in the first half and should’ve had a penalty in the second half to make it 2-0 and probably game over.

My main point though is not to write Villa off as relegation certainties at such an early stage of the season.

I’m also not sure why many Blades fans have taken a disliking to Villa.

I have taken your advice and just watched the extended highlights online, whilst the top 3 prem sides class did shine through in the end I’ll still stick to my guns and say Villa did have some good chances in the first half and should’ve had a penalty in the second half to make it 2-0 and probably game over.

My main point though is not to write Villa off as relegation certainties at such an early stage of the season.

Well thats just woulda coulda shoulda and not the reality isn't it?
Granted, they started well against Spurs, but just got blown away as Spurs went through the gears.

I don't have Villa down as relegation certainties, not sure where you get that notion from.

Well thats just woulda coulda shoulda and not the reality isn't it?
Granted, they started well against Spurs, but just got blown away as Spurs went through the gears.

I don't have Villa down as relegation certainties, not sure where you get that notion from.
Not from you RavB, it’s a consensus I get from a few on here and a few people I’ve spoken to.

I couldn’t care less about Villa, utterly ambivalent.

I suspect they’ll do ok this season, no more than that, and there are other teams in this league I’ll be giving more attention to as it develops.

Sorry my Villain friend said they didn’t deserve anything defending woeful and giving the ball away all the time piss poor was his analysis

Sorry my Villain friend said they didn’t deserve anything defending woeful and giving the ball away all the time piss poor was his analysis
The defending was dodgy at times but it’s bound to be against the likes of Kane and Lucas, they make very good players look shit sometimes. They did dwell on the ball at times, something I think like us they’ll get better at when they pick the pace of the Premiership up.

The defending was dodgy at times but it’s bound to be against the likes of Kane and Lucas, they make very good players look shit sometimes. They did dwell on the ball at times, something I think like us they’ll get better at when they pick the pace of the Premiership up.
The same friend said they were shite against Bournemouth still giving the ball away and too slow on the ball getting robbed of it for lack of awareness all that money and going nowhere, his words not mine

The same friend said they were shite against Bournemouth still giving the ball away and too slow on the ball getting robbed of it for lack of awareness all that money and going nowhere, his words not mine
No disrespect to you or your friend but i suggest he’s way too hasty in his comments.

He does realise they’ve played Spurs away and a very good counter attacking side in Bournemouth?

No disrespect to you or your friend but i suggest he’s way too hasty in his comments.

He does realise they’ve played Spurs away and a very good counter attacking side in Bournemouth?
Any side with aspirations of surviving a 1st season back in the Premier league would have earmarked Bournemouth at home for a prime candidate for 3 points. Especially a Bournemouth without Brooks and a young keeper. And even more so as the 1st home match in front of a partisan crowd. Yesterday was a bad day for Villa. With no disrespect to Palace, today is a similar match for us.

Back
Top Bottom