Roy's View From... View From Watford

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would luv Watford to just disappear, just an absolute non entity of a club…..

Bilic out ??
Fuck me their crazy owners have rubbed off on their fans. How about you keep a manager for longer than 10minutes for a change

I think that whole thing of sacking their manager every 3 months worked for a bit but I think it was just pure luck. Now it just looks like what it is, totally kneejerk reactions from their ownership.

Didn't they just beat West Brom on Monday? Hardly a crisis, just because they are not storming into the play-offs.

Shuttleworth! Roy, what taste. Saw him in concert down here before lockdown- hilarious. Two margarines on the go has be a family standard 👍

No hesitation in saying, most level headed set of comments I have read for a long while, take my hat off to the Watford supporters.
Well done Blades, three points, doesn't matter how they come at the moment.
Thank you Roy.:cool:
Pigeons, use the Arthur Wellesley remedy, get a raptor in there, they'll fuck off then.:eek:

The contrast between their pre and post match views is stark - they really are like us! Song choice should have been from Bachmann Porteous Overdrive though Roy! 😄

Very high energy, probably a low end PL player really but Watford will be paying him lots to play below his level.
He's on £40,000 pw at Leicester, so no idea what % of this Watford are paying him.

Leicester fans don't rate him. He likes a tackle and they don't really do tackles in the EPL do they?

I thought they were decent up until the final shot or pass. Ironic given that's where they're clearly quite strong. That said, and I really like Keinan Davis, but he's one of those forwards that will likely never score more than 10 a season. Scoring actual goals seems to be his downfall and he has a bit of everything else I like in a striker.

Choudhury showed his quality and I thought the left back was pretty decent considering 75% of our attacks come down that side.

Not a bad side at all. They're probably a prolific striker away from being very good.

Some Views I Remember From My Neutral Mate Who Borrowed A Spare Ticket:
  • Good, cagey Championship battle between two decent and fairly evenly matched sides.
  • Some good individuals in the Watford side but they didn’t seem to want it enough.
  • McBurnie had the beating of their CBs comfortably.
  • Ndiaye a lovely player to watch, top level touch and close control but needs more players around him on his wave-length.
  • Bogle only other player close to Ndiaye technically.
  • Berge tidy but offers nothing. Expected far more. He’d said pre-match we’d done well to keep him in Jan, to which I told him to re-evaluate at FT…
  • Osborn sub key as Lowe kept getting done far too easily.

Had to laugh at this exchange in the comments on the BBC match Report Kudos to the Watford fan putting the 🐷 down

D

Comment posted by Dial House Dermot, today at 18:23Dial House Dermot​

18:23
Very lucky win today by virtue of an own goal.
If only the blades could be as consistent as Wednesday and go 20, yes 20, matches unbeaten.
Another sell out next Saturday at S6.

• E

Reply posted by elmet, today at 18:42elmet​

18:42
    to Dial House Dermot
elmet replied:
As a Watford fan, I thought United just about merited their win in a tight game. I had actually forgotten that there was a second team in Sheffield and thought Rotherham were United's rivals. But good that you are still going and perhaps if your lot can get relegated another level or two perhaps you can even celebrate going 30 games unbeaten. There's something to look forward to.
Incredible.

Really enjoyed that game despite a comparative lack of exciting incidents. I've seen nothing happen in a much more boring way before, at least both teams went for it. It zipped along nicely.

Watford are a decent side and should be fine. Keinan Davis upfront is absolute tosswank though, no idea why it caused so much excitement when Sunjihi pretended we were in for him in the summer.

Reactions: SWB
Shuttleworth! Roy, what taste. Saw him in concert down here before lockdown- hilarious. Two margarines on the go has be a family standard 👍
It’s a nightmare scenario!

You may know this, but many years ago, John offered Pigeons In Flight to Norway as their entry for Eurovision, in the hope they’d get more than nul points, but it wasn’t accepted.

They sound like us.

pommpey

Thought their support was awful. Little or no noise.

How did Keinan Davis cause us so many problems last season? Another average journeyman striker.

Never worried they were going to score until the last minute ping around in the box moment.

"Change the Manager" even the fans are bought into this madness. Billic is a good manager but needs time, something you don't get in Watford.

ITV coverage pants and their love in with Scruffy Ainsworth was laughable. Wild thing? He will be sacked thing in short order. QPR the new Watford!

Cheers Roygbiv what they said in the pre match pretty much happened.

"Billic has to go."

It seems their ownership model has infected the minds of the fans.
Hire & fire once a quarter. That'll work.

Some of them are reacting quite strongly to a narrow 1-0 loss, away from home, to the side that sits 2nd in the division.
It was a close game, that we edged but they easily could have got something out of.

When you look at the caliber of the individuals in their team, they should be doing better.
I still wouldn't rule them out in the play-offs, though I was more impressed by Middlesbrough last week.

Choudhury still looks a player.

Cheers Roy. Liked the pigeon quips and is Bramall Lane the most misspelt ground in the country by fans of other clubs?

Some Views I Remember From My Neutral Mate Who Borrowed A Spare Ticket:
  • Good, cagey Championship battle between two decent and fairly evenly matched sides.
  • Some good individuals in the Watford side but they didn’t seem to want it enough.
  • McBurnie had the beating of their CBs comfortably.
  • Ndiaye a lovely player to watch, top level touch and close control but needs more players around him on his wave-length.
  • Bogle only other player close to Ndiaye technically.
  • Berge tidy but offers nothing. Expected far more. He’d said pre-match we’d done well to keep him in Jan, to which I told him to re-evaluate at FT…
  • Osborn sub key as Lowe kept getting done far too easily.
He knows what he’s talking about

Spot on summary imo

Back
Top Bottom