View from the majority around me on the kop

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ShorehamRevolution

Reaction score
Every single person in front behind and to both sides of me had absolutely no good words to say about Larouci, I’m presuming this is replayed all over the ground? This very nearly started a fight a few rows behind too, 2 lads were both slagging him off but one wouldn’t leave him alone every minute he’d say something about Larouci it was quite comical but also heated aswel when the other lad said something along the lines of “we all know he’s shit but you don’t have to tell us all every minute !
Also another observation or rather smell was releasing itself more frequently than Larouci’s slagging from somebody’s arse.
One fart I can sort of put up with two is forgivable but 853 farts a minute surrounded by your fellow bladesmen surely it’s time to have a number 2 !!

Every single person in front behind and to both sides of me had absolutely no good words to say about Larouci, I’m presuming this is replayed all over the ground? This very nearly started a fight a few rows behind too, 2 lads were both slagging him off but one wouldn’t leave him alone every minute he’d say something about Larouci it was quite comical but also heated aswel when the other lad said something along the lines of “we all know he’s shit but you don’t have to tell us all every minute !
Also another observation or rather smell was releasing itself more frequently than Larouci’s slagging from somebody’s arse.
One fart I can sort of put up with two is forgivable but 853 farts a minute surrounded by your fellow bladesmen surely it’s time to have a number 2 !!
It wasn’t me but I was potent yesterday.

Too early to decide on Larouchy yet.
Remember loads writing off McAtee and I was one of the few then saying how he's really rated at Man City, so it's too early to judge.

Larouchy looks a bit of an unpredictable loose cannon, which kind of makes him exciting, you don't know what to expect but that means a mistake could happen.
He's quite good getting forward and attack minded, plays like a Championship level winger who can do a bit of defending when needed.

However based on what I've seen, still prefer him to Lowe.

I don't like Lowe's casual body language, seems half asleep as though he's bot bothered about playing for us, used to think Berge also had that casual style..
where Larouchy does seem to care and want to give his best.
The Blades around me all said they have minor concerns but are prepared to give him a chance, at least Larouchy seems to be trying.

What was noticeable yesterday was that when Luke Thomas came on her seemed so calm and composed,
made the left back job look quite easy, no fuss defending, was quite impressed.

Last edited:
I am really glad we got Thomas in last week. Larouci will come good, but he needs taking out of the firing line for the time being, because a lot of folk are getting on his back.

Hopefully, we don't get any more injuries in that area of the pitch in the meantime. Left sided defenders should be paid danger money at this club.

While I think he's essentially a terrible brainless defender he's half decent going forward. I certainly wouldn't be slagging any player off in the ground other than a moan of frustration if something daft happens.

When everyone, or rather if, is for he won't be involved. We have rectified that mistake and he's only here on loan so this one for the future stuff isn't for us

It's always surprises how fans find a Scapegoat every season when some other bang average players get fawned over. It looks like poor old Larouci is this season John Lundstram.
Thought yesterday he did OK he's certainly got a good work ethic about him.
If they wear the red and white stripes , that's enough for me.

He looks very good going forward but dodgy defensively. There is certainly a bit of potential there.

I don’t understand the need to scapegoat players, especially this season. It’s going to be difficult enough without getting on the players backs.

It's always surprises how fans find a Scapegoat every season when some other bang average players get fawned over. It looks like poor old Larouci is this season John Lundstram.
Thought yesterday he did OK he's certainly got a good work ethic about him.
If they wear the red and white stripes , that's enough for me.

Lundstram wasn't a scapegoat, he was a cunt.

Wouldn't criticise the lad but waiting for him to improve on the job could be costly.

Defensively suspect and whilst he can burst forward, there's little awareness or composure.

He had an easy clip to unmarked players at the back post last week and instead blasted over.

Yesterday he had a simple square to Archer but shot from a silly angle.

Hopeful Thomas will be an improvement.

Didn’t hear any of that around me in the Kop, most were trying to be supportive of a young kid short on confidence and trying to find his way in a new club and country. No doubting Thomas looked more comfortable when he came on but he didn’t try and get forward the same. Actually I noticed that they set up to overload that side and many times he found himself with 2 to pick up because others weren’t aware of the danger. JLT got sucked in a couple of times into midfield and Norwood regularly left a man leaving us outnumbered on the left. Obviously that’s no excuse for leaving his man for the cross which lead to the goal but we get nothing for hammering a kid who’s trying to adapt quickly to one of the top leagues in the world.
The stick he gets online is pathetic.

I quite like Larouci. He has the frame to be a beast, he just needs to get some aggression into his play and use his build properly. The way he was easily bowled over by Kyle Walker last week is a case in point. At the moment, he's a bit of a powder puff, similar to Berge. He needs to be working on his inner Baldock.

I quite like Larouci. He has the frame to be a beast, he just needs to get some aggression into his play and use his build properly. The way he was easily bowled over by Kyle Walker last week is a case in point. At the moment, he's a bit of a powder puff, similar to Berge. He needs to be working on his inner Baldock.
Him and Traore could be gym buddies to beast up. Both will improve from some strength conditioning.

When he's pushing forward, he is an asset. But he has a few mistakes in him, and when they happen at the back, there's no margin for error, so can be big ones.
So, unfortunately, unlike all those sat round the OP, he isn't perfect. That can be costly, but he's there doing a job, and currently is what we have. Let's try to support him while he improves or we can shuffle players round.
Slagging players off mid march is ridiculous imo, especially in the position we are in.

I've found the Blades on the Kop nothing but positive. They've/we've been brilliant this season. None of the negativity you find on here or X. It's reminded me why I became a Blade in the first place.
That’s my experience. Social media attracts whining bastards, / virtue signallers and isn’t representative of the real world.

Every single person in front behind and to both sides of me had absolutely no good words to say about Larouci, I’m presuming this is replayed all over the ground?
Bizarrely the woman behind me said to me at half time that Larouci had done really well first half. I agreed with her, apart from every time he got the ball and every time an opponent had the ball in vicinity.

He still gets the benefit of the doubt for me for a few games but the phrase ‘bombscare’ is the one that comes to mind.

I always get in the ground about 35 mins before kick off to watch them warming up, apart from to control the ball before passing he never once used his right foot and i believe this is the problem with him, he cannot turn inside and launch it clear so when he turns inside he has to keep going inevitably loosing possesion, id get him to use his right foot all the time in training if he cant or wont id keep him away from the first team, if he learns to use his right foot he will become a real player for us

If it was halfway through the season and he was still making mistakes, I’d think fair enough he needs dropping. Not after 4 games, give the lad a chance. He’s trying 100% that I’m certain of, he looked gutted walking off injured yesterday. Shows better body language than Max Lowe who looks about as interested as some 16 year olds in their first job. Think about the players in the past who we thought weren’t good enough but turned out to be great buys. Times on his side, let’s give him our full support.

Time will tell but at the moment I am slightly disappointed,I was hoping for an upgrade on Lowe and he obviously can be but, in the first half when he received the ball in the corner I have to say everyone around me on the kop held their breath.

Just before he went off injured, he was absolutely clattered and although the ref gave a foul, he refused to allow Larouci to be treated. In fact, I thought the ref was going to allow the free kick to be taken while he was still on the floor.

Eventually, he tracked back, then went down again and had to come off. The ref saw the heavy challenge and it was at a point when we were pushing forward, it wasn’t a time wasting injury and ended Larouci’s game.

I felt sorry for the lad and it makes me wonder why the ref refused to allow him treatment and what if that ended up causing a worse injury? Refs allow the trainer on at the drop of a hat generally, no idea what made this case different.

Not on the part of BLUT around me,but Norwood copped for regular vitriol from Mr angry next to me.
His very small children are getting well aquainted with every expletive known to man.I was embarrassed but he had no shame.Poor kids looked scared stiff.😳

Just before he went off injured, he was absolutely clattered and although the ref gave a foul, he refused to allow Larouci to be treated. In fact, I thought the ref was going to allow the free kick to be taken while he was still on the floor.

Eventually, he tracked back, then went down again and had to come off. The ref saw the heavy challenge and it was at a point when we were pushing forward, it wasn’t a time wasting injury and ended Larouci’s game.

I felt sorry for the lad and it makes me wonder why the ref refused to allow him treatment and what if that ended up causing a worse injury? Refs allow the trainer on at the drop of a hat generally, no idea what made this case different.
Ref did absolute opposite when Twokofski went down, waved trainers frantically onto pitch even though player said no. Even allowed him to shuffle back on without permission (auto yellow) to hold game up while sub was made.

On the subject of Larouci he is better than owt else we had available until Thomas arrived. Yes, Thomas was superior defensively but Larouci looks dangerous creating down left. Remains to be seen if Thomas has that as well as the defensive quality in his bag.

Larouci is a 6 for me so far

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom