Roy's View From... View From Palace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We pick that side last season and we’d be lucky to come away from any game with anything more than a point. A very limited side yesterday and the best we can say is that (thanks to Wes) we weren’t embarrassed. Oh and Basham in midfield FFS?

True. I hate to say it but if we put that out for the next 37 games (which we won’t, obviously), it would be conceivable that we would get zero points all season.

People are entitled to their opinions but I can't understand how anyone can defend the team we put out yesterday. Nobody would have believed that would be our first 11 for the first game back in May.
I think it’s the ones who defend it and then try and tell you that you should be fine with it.

I fully understand how the transfer market works and some deals will happen late in the day, but they should be the icing on the cake, not the necessity signings so that the likes of Hackford can go and develop at the level he needs to be developing at rather than coming on in a PL game.

I also like how people tell me that the transfer window works slowly, the only exception seems to be when we’re selling our best players, they’re here one day and gone the next!

they can brag all they want and a lot of their comments are correct but it will be a completely different side they meet at selhurst park later in the season palace were comfortable today but they will still finish in the bottom half of the premier league

They didn't look great tbh. Eze had a few moments (first half) but apart from that they looked like they lack creativity and were shaky at the back against two 20 year olds. Take him out of that team and they're bottom 3.

Was impressed with Brooks when he came on, and can see him playing his way into the side a lot.

Crystal Palace banging on about welcome to the Premier League like they’re a top six side. I like their fans usually, they were sound before and after we played them in the last game of the season when we were chasing autos in 2008-2009, but something about these posts suggest that they think they’re a big, established club.

Also Roy Hodgson needs to show some dignity rather than trying to fight a man fifty years his junior on the touchline. I was surprised with the pundits on MOTD laughing about it.
I'm surprised, your surprised at MOTD pundits, spelt, inconsequential, non entity wage thieves, laughing.
Full weight 'cocks' if ever there were three.

Although I agree with some comments on the gulf between the teams, some context about how weakened our team was would be useful.

Agree,,,,yesterday is the weakest team we’ve put out during the last 5 seasons.

Our defence is still intact but we’ve lost ALL 4 (not 2) of our most talented creative players. Without N’Diaye, Berger, McAtee and Doyle we never stood much chance of scoring. Also have plenty of injuries too.

Think Palace were surprised how easy the game was and that probably explains why they didn’t get out of 2nd gear and weren’t great. However there was a gulf in class and agree that team will finish bottom.

However what they don’t realise is that we played almost a reserve team and by next month there should be about 6 or 7 different faces in the starting 11. Still confident we’ll stay up, our season starts next month.

Last edited:
Normally I'd snipe back at the opposition pointing out we were shit, but I'll focus on us.

They are right, but it's also the weakest possible side we'll field this season, and the performance was actually as good as I would've expected with that line-up. The intent was there, it's just the quality that we currently lack.

Just start Souza and Trusty from the outset next time, we'll have Hamer in the squad, and get Doyle and Archer in and I genuinely believe that the entire complexion of the side will change drastically, and I'm no clapper usually.

August and September might be a bit bumpy, but I'm pretty confident that we'll improve significantly.

Oh the sheer arrogance of a club going nowhere. Definitely one to pin up in the dressing room next time

Given the history of the Premier League the only prediction I'd confidently make is that within the next few years the relegation trapdoor will open up and Palace will be stood on it. Thenwe'll see how arrogant they really are.
They were ok and deserved to win yesterday against (probably) the weakest team we'll put out all season. That's all, just ok.
utb

Can't argue with most of their comments, but let's face it, if they lose Eze through injury or whatever, they will not be comfortable in the league.

They didn't look great tbh. Eze had a few moments (first half) but apart from that they looked like they lack creativity and were shaky at the back against two 20 year olds. Take him out of that team and they're bottom 3.

Was impressed with Brooks when he came on, and can see him playing his way into the side a lot.
shaky 😄

They are right but it still hurts to read. I think the lack of empathy from Premier League fans is always a bit surprising to me, particularly teams like Palace who are normally a cats cock hair from being exactly like us.

They didn’t play the side that got promoted they played that side minus its 4 most creative players & backfilled with ageing squad players ..

Basically
" Sheffield United were crap, and Palace are great, but we only managed to actually score one goal"
Well, good luck Palace when you face together, established teams.

People are entitled to their opinions but I can't understand how anyone can defend the team we put out yesterday. Nobody would have believed that would be our first 11 for the first game back in May.
That side would be a lower end of Championship side .. the board / club have had months to prepare , knew Berge & Ndiayes situation and done absolutely fk all in preparation , we are having our pre season now against our rivals 😡

Cheers roy, if they thought they played well i can see them in a relegation scrap, as others have said our side at the start of may wins that game, hopefully some incomings and you will get some salty comments when we get results

It's not every day you're up against a midfield of Basham, Norwood and Osborn. Come to think of it that's the only ever day........ I doubt they'll be facing those three in the return fixture.

Crystal Palace banging on about welcome to the Premier League like they’re a top six side. I like their fans usually, they were sound before and after we played them in the last game of the season when we were chasing autos in 2008-2009, but something about these posts suggest that they think they’re a big, established club.

Also Roy Hodgson needs to show some dignity rather than trying to fight a man fifty years his junior on the touchline. I was surprised with the pundits on MOTD laughing about it.
I am 72 I will give Hodgson a few rounds then his scalp

Cunts

I didn't got to the match, but watched the highlights, I thought we looked very poor, if it wasn't for the offside goals it could have been a heavy loss.
There is no composer in the team, it's all rushed, no pace, no link between the forwards and midfield, it looked like the forwards had no support from the midfield, we don't have a shot at goal, the three midfield players were hopeless, from an attacking and defending point of view, it shows how much work Illimani Ndiaye got through in linking midfield and attack.

Straight from the kick off has never changed, boot down field to the wing and we loose possession, you can't do this in the premiership, it's poor coaching.

We have no chance in the premiership without a new team, better tactics and coaching, we need to change the system, teams are well aware of our system and easily stretch our midfield and defence.

Straight from the kick off has never changed, boot down field to the wing and we loose possession, you can't do this in the premiership, it's poor coaching.
I guess the thinking behind this is that it’s better than putting ourselves under pressure from the KO and that if it’s down the other end it’s less likely to end up in our net. If we knocked it back to Egan it would result in a punt forward anyway so it’s cutting out the middle man.

I didn't got to the match, but watched the highlights, I thought we looked very poor, if it wasn't for the offside goals it could have been a heavy loss.
There is no composer in the team, it's all rushed, no pace, no link between the forwards and midfield, it looked like the forwards had no support from the midfield, we don't have a shot at goal, the three midfield players were hopeless, from an attacking and defending point of view, it shows how much work Illimani Ndiaye got through in linking midfield and attack.

We have no chance in the premiership without a new team, better tactics and coaching, we need to change the system, teams are well aware of our system and easily stretch our midfield and defence.

Very enlightening

Iv been moanin to my mate about this for years, after they scored Norwood just basically hoofed it towards one of our players who had 2 men on him and suprise suprise they were back in possession

Thanks Roy. We weren't great, but calling us dog shit after one game isn't going to win Palace fans much respect from me so fuck em.
I'm getting prepared for the Forest View From which I'm absolutely positive will be a magnificent love-in.
This. If we were dog shit, nailed on for the drop, I wouldn’t be too cocky about their chances after 1-0!

Thanks Roy.

To be expected really, no-one knows that we are undercooked & way off it at the moment, but it feels like a missed opportunity as others have said, our team of last season would have won that & we simply cannot afford to give any team in this league a head start.

We will get our real welcome to the Premier league in the next two weeks, if Forest don't trounce us then Man City will. Palace will never have an easier 3pts.

A bunch of boring, southern, shandy drinking wazzocks.

Next.

Back
Top Bottom