Roy's View From... View From Palace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score

Although I agree with some comments on the gulf between the teams, some context about how weakened our team was would be useful.
At least one of them did note it tbf.

“We won 1-0 and it should have been more.
But we played a newly promoted side who have sold two of their best players, have an injury crisis and their one big signing (Hamer) wasn’t available today.
3 away points are always great but they should have been expected today.”

Thanks Roy. We weren't great, but calling us dog shit after one game isn't going to win Palace fans much respect from me so fuck em.
I'm getting prepared for the Forest View From which I'm absolutely positive will be a magnificent love-in.

Crystal Palace banging on about welcome to the Premier League like they’re a top six side. I like their fans usually, they were sound before and after we played them in the last game of the season when we were chasing autos in 2008-2009, but something about these posts suggest that they think they’re a big, established club.

Also Roy Hodgson needs to show some dignity rather than trying to fight a man fifty years his junior on the touchline. I was surprised with the pundits on MOTD laughing about it.

I'm blaming Premier Ignorance. If we cut the cross we take a point, if either of Osulas chances creep in we potentially win.

They could have had more though. They certainly deserved the win but it was unspectacular against arguably the weakest Premier League line up of all time.

Can't expect them all to understand the background to everything with us.

Apart from Zaha and Olise I couldnt say who else they might have been missing from last season.

They're calling it as they see it.

Can't expect them all to understand the background to everything with us.

Apart from Zaha and Olise I couldnt say who else they might have been missing from last season.

They're calling it as they see it.

Agree. Don't blame them for not knowing how weak that 11 was. I presume they just think we were without a few players but as we know it was much more than that

Based on today’s performance theses comments are spot on really
The good news hopefully is that we have loads of players to come into the team

Cheers Panchero!

Can't really argue with that.

I think that's the most annoying thing. Our Championship team wins yesterday. Feels like we've thrown 3 points away simply due to bad planning
You’ll get told to ‘be patient’ if you say things like that. Apparently the start of the season isn’t when we should expect to have a decent team.

You’ll get told to ‘be patient’ if you say things like that. Apparently the start of the season isn’t when we should expect to have a decent team.

People are entitled to their opinions but I can't understand how anyone can defend the team we put out yesterday. Nobody would have believed that would be our first 11 for the first game back in May.

Crystal Palace banging on about welcome to the Premier League like they’re a top six side. I like their fans usually, they were sound before and after we played them in the last game of the season when we were chasing autos in 2008-2009, but something about these posts suggest that they think they’re a big, established club.

Also Roy Hodgson needs to show some dignity rather than trying to fight a man fifty years his junior on the touchline. I was surprised with the pundits on MOTD laughing about it.
I am his age and if someone pushes me in the stomach I am likely to retaliate ! I don’t think it was of any significance.

Back
Top Bottom