Roy's View From... View From Norwich

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Had a few issues with the site today so if you can't see this then check back later and I'll hopefully have it up. Take your time...

"...Take your time, take your time, Sheff United, playing football the Norwich way..."

They were utter dog shit, and won't trouble the top 6. First shot on target, for them, 92nd minute?, woeful.

We should have won that by a few more goals, but 3 points will do, any day of the week. Mr Warnock sorted Boro out, and the Pigs managed to scrape a draw with the mighty Lincoln City. Some great beers in the evening, all in all, a good day.

Cheers Panchero!

Agree with them

Can’t think of many worse teams than us who may get promoted

But - we will take it
Tha' never changes Bell lad the same rhetoric for nigh on 20 years, but at least you're consistent. :D Hope you're keeping well BTW.

We didnt play brilliant, we played professionally away from home..

If they hadn't kicked ndieye all over the shop they might have seen him rip them to pieces, that drag back and nutmeg was incredible, followed by a Norwich donkey fouling him...

Worst Norwich team I've ever seen... Great 3 points for us.

Tha' never changes Bell lad the same rhetoric for nigh on 20 years, but at least you're consistent. :D Hope you're keeping well BTW.
Hiya buddy

Yup all good - hope you are

Up the Blades

I can only assume he means this in the build up. But their defender cut out the pass to another Norwich player who mis controlled the ball deflecting it back to him. He then takes two clumsy touches as the ball trickles through his legs and Illi nips in to win the ball. Should be blaming his defenders for being unable to trap a bag of cement.

1680429819860.png

1680430245152.png

1680430295240.png

1680430360117.png

1680430423199.png

1680430496950.png

I

Some of the performances we put in back in August / September were superb and if we'd maintained that level we'd have been up there with Burnley.

Unfortunately though, injuries set in and we struggled to keep it going.
We had an awful October and everything since then has been very workmanlike with the odd sprinkling of quality from players that would walk into almost every other team in the division (Ndiaye, McAtee, Berge, Bogle etc...).

We have the 2nd best defence and 3rd best attack in the division.
XG models have us top of the league, only our finishing has really let us down.

So whilst I agree, we're not the easiest on the eye...what we are is dogged, very physical, difficult to break down (when we concede it tends to be through error, rather than being broken down).
When protecting a lead, like today, we can look to experienced pros on the bench like Norwood, Sharp, Basham and Fleck to help get over the line. Players with strong mentalities that have been there and done that.

Norwich went up in 2019 as Champions. They played free flowing attacking football and were easy on the eye.
We were seen as the ugly sister.
How did that work out for them in the Prem?
Comments about how we "will be slaughtered" if we go up lack foundation.
How you go up is rarely a good indicator of how you'll do the following year.
Obviously we'd need a lot of signings, but what club doesn't?

Has someone hacked your account??

I do love your normally well balanced but incredible pessimistic outlooks Captains so this has thrown me somewhat this morning 😂

Agree 💯 btw

Strang lot, saying how bad Blades were but they lost to that bad team, so????
Never been down that way, are they strange like Hull folk.
Any how, ggggerin there Blades, onwards and u....ect. ect. ect....................
Thank You Roy,:cool:
Music, I's love that lady, Ta.

I am getting more pleasure out of this than is seemly for a man of my age. The lament of “them being second just tells you how bad this league is” is perhaps the most desperate thing you can read. As many have said on here, you don’t have to be good, just better than (nearly) everyone else. Coming down thinking you will do what you did the last couple of times and realizing it’s not happening is clearly very sobering for them.
And by the way, them calling us dirty is laughable: their defenders were two of the ugliest horrors I’ve seen all season.

I can only assume he means this in the build up. But their defender cut out the pass to another Norwich player who mis controlled the ball deflecting it back to him. He then takes two clumsy touches as the ball trickles through his legs and Illi nips in to win the ball. Should be blaming his defenders for being unable to trap a bag of cement.

View attachment 157170

View attachment 157175

View attachment 157176

View attachment 157177

View attachment 157180

View attachment 157181

I thought same, in regards to what Wagner was talking about. But based on your first image above I’d suggest that the back leg of the Norwich player (bottom left) is playing McAtee on.

"I was alarmed and disappointed at how poor Sheff Utd were for a 2nd place team. I knew we would be sh1t but

they were little better. They hardly got out of 2nd gear."

Beat you 1-0, could have been 3-0.

Err yeah - we hardly got out of second gear. Count your blessings!

Strange fans.

I am getting more pleasure out of this than is seemly for a man of my age. The lament of “them being second just tells you how bad this league is” is perhaps the most desperate thing you can read. As many have said on here, you don’t have to be good, just better than (nearly) everyone else. Coming down thinking you will do what you did the last couple of times and realizing it’s not happening is clearly very sobering for them.
And by the way, them calling us dirty is laughable: their defenders were two of the ugliest horrors I’ve seen all season.
Agreed. Grant Hanley is a disgrace on a football pitch.

View attachment 157170

View attachment 157175

View attachment 157176

View attachment 157177

View attachment 157180

View attachment 157181

None of this is going to be called for offside anyway so I think he’s trying to cover his arse since he remonstrated about the final tap in…wrongly!

Back
Top Bottom