Roy's View From... View From Man City

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Some horrendous comments from fans with absolutely no sense of the huge stroke of luck that has befallen them.
Don’t get me wrong, they are a fantastic team, but one put together at a cost that surely breaks whatever half-baked rules are put in place to keep a lid on overspending, yet all they can do is sneer. Wish they had all f****ed off to their super league. Or maybe they can just move lock stock and Barrel as a team to Qatar, and enjoy playing “proper” football and count their money together.
That said, in some agreement about the way we approached the game. We looked terrified of them until McBurnie came on, he played like someone who belonged on the same pitch. The ball across for the Anel chance was sublime.

City fans aren't what they used to be.

But let's be honest, if what's happened to them in the last 15 years happened to us, our fanbase in general would be no different.
Probably true. These comments could all be written by fans in their twenties and thirties who have known nothing but this type of success for most of their time watching their club and so have no empathy for anyone less blessed then them. It would be like expecting the Bullingdon Club-raised Tories to not hate the poor, and not do all they can to make it worse for them.

Some horrendous comments from fans with absolutely no sense of the huge stroke of luck that has befallen them.
Don’t get me wrong, they are a fantastic team, but one put together at a cost that surely breaks whatever half-baked rules are put in place to keep a lid on overspending, yet all they can do is sneer. Wish they had all f****ed off to their super league. Or maybe they can just move lock stock and Barrel as a team to Qatar, and enjoy playing “proper” football and count their money together.
That said, in some agreement about the way we approached the game. We looked terrified of them until McBurnie came on, he played like someone who belonged on the same pitch. The ball across for the Anel chance was sublime.
For all the “Premier League is corrupt” sentiments (I believe it is), Manchester City, with how many charges against it? appear to be actually corrupt. Guess it will all come out in the wash. Truly bought their success.

They are kinda right. We went with a game plan which was so anti football. We didn’t even try to pass the ball what so ever.

I did hope we would try and play a little more than we did.

I’d be bored as fuck if I was a City fan by now. Their success is built on a State run sportswashing program. It’s hollow. Meaningless. They know it deep down too.
That's why many are so bitter. Manchester United and Liverpool earned their success, Manchester City's has been bought.

Who are the rags?
Liverpool. Their fans on their forum aren't impressed that we don't know, as though we should know everything about what goes on involving the Big Six!
Correction just checked and it is Manchester United they call the Rags!

Last edited:
This is no dig at Roy, but these comments that Roy selected were just a tiny percentage of the total posted by City fans. There's over 59 pages of comments on their forum! I read through 5 pages and found some of the comments that Roy has put on the summary of City posts. So the posts Roy put up is not necessarily reflective of all City fans, obviously we know that because there was only a small selection of posts anyway, but presumably the most interesting/stronger views ones from City fans along with some more occasional sensible ones. Most of the comments I read were very short one liners saying things like, we made hard work of that etc. I honestly think that if I was a City fan, I'd have much more enjoyed the win yesterday than I would winning 3 - 0 v Burnley and many more comfortable wins that City have even when the shoreline doesn't necessarily reflect their dominance. I know from playing sport for years and years, albeit as an amateur, that if you win comfortably without much of a fight than the satisfaction is no where near as high as when you win with a tight hard fought win.

So I wouldn't class the views that Roy has found as reflective of all City fans, there's still many City fans who were there when they were s@@t, and in fairness also to City fans, they were there when "they were s@@t".

Saying all that, the views of City fans where they think we should just "have a go" as they put it, just show how delusional fans with those views are. If we'd done that, or played it from the back etc, we'd have lost 4/5 nil, that's why Burnley will definitely get relegated because they have a manager who "wants to play attacking football" or "play football the right way". Good luck with that Burnley; us and Luton understand you can't do that and compete against teams like City and I think we're a much better team than Luton. We played some lovely stuff too yesterday, it was far from direct too and we could have easily got something yesterday. I would also say I'd hate to be a Man City fan winning the league every year and not having much competition for it because they're so far in front due to wages/transfer fees they pay. They would argue any team needs to do that to win leagues but City have taken it to a new level, even if they're very good at other aspects which you clearly need to win, like obviously a very good manager, Man U have shown with Ole Gunnar what happens when you spend money with an average manager.

Just seen this comment on their forum (they have managed to call us Stoke lite, Leeds lite and Wolves lite since the game, it seems to be their thing).
I always thought our away end was good for creating an atmosphere?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230828-092420_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230828-092420_Chrome.jpg
    503.8 KB · Views: 38
Remember last season when Burnley went for them in the cup? Second half they were winning so comfortably they brought the kids on.

Imagine being so entitled that your only critique is “why can’t teams just let us score five?”

They’ve gone from being sound to being spoiled twats who everyone avoids.

So you want us to go toe to toe with a squad that’s cost over a billion to assemble…. Fuck off back to Wilmslow you arrogant set of cunts

This is no dig at Roy, but these comments that Roy selected were just a tiny percentage of the total posted by City fans. There's over 59 pages of comments on their forum! I read through 5 pages and found some of the comments that Roy has put on the summary of City posts. So the posts Roy put up is not necessarily reflective of all City fans, obviously we know that because there was only a small selection of posts anyway, but presumably the most interesting/stronger views ones from City fans along with some more occasional sensible ones. Most of the comments I read were very short one liners saying things like, we made hard work of that etc. I honestly think that if I was a City fan, I'd have much more enjoyed the win yesterday than I would winning 3 - 0 v Burnley and many more comfortable wins that City have even when the shoreline doesn't necessarily reflect their dominance. I know from playing sport for years and years, albeit as an amateur, that if you win comfortably without much of a fight than the satisfaction is no where near as high as when you win with a tight hard fought win.

So I wouldn't class the views that Roy has found as reflective of all City fans, there's still many City fans who were there when they were s@@t, and in fairness also to City fans, they were there when "they were s@@t".

Saying all that, the views of City fans where they think we should just "have a go" as they put it, just show how delusional fans with those views are. If we'd done that, or played it from the back etc, we'd have lost 4/5 nil, that's why Burnley will definitely get relegated because they have a manager who "wants to play attacking football" or "play football the right way". Good luck with that Burnley; us and Luton understand you can't do that and compete against teams like City and I think we're a much better team than Luton. We played some lovely stuff too yesterday, it was far from direct too and we could have easily got something yesterday. I would also say I'd hate to be a Man City fan winning the league every year and not having much competition for it because they're so far in front due to wages/transfer fees they pay. They would argue any team needs to do that to win leagues but City have taken it to a new level, even if they're very good at other aspects which you clearly need to win, like obviously a very good manager, Man U have shown with Ole Gunnar what happens when you spend money with an average manager.

I was up to page 37 when I posted and is argue that 75% of the posts were derogatory towards us. Obviously I choose the most interesting ones but there wasn't much praise in there at all. In fact, I think I included every single positive post about us which was about 3 comments!

I keep predicting the demise of the era of teams throwing around the sort of money that Manchester City and probably even more so Chelsea do but it seems that the petrodollar nations and weird American billionaires keep appearing to sustain it. I don’t know what can be done about it but there’s just no romance left now. Is there any chance of a team like Clough’s Forest getting promoted and doing what they did on football merit alone? None. Even the Leicester “fairytale“ wasn’t really much of one when you see the money they had behind them at the time. I pity the youngsters today because you can’t support a smaller club and have any dreams of overthrowing the football monopoly that the premier league has become, and yes I know we were part of the creation, a fact I take no pleasure from.

I was up to page 37 when I posted and is argue that 75% of the posts were derogatory towards us. Obviously I choose the most interesting ones but there wasn't much praise in there at all. In fact, I think I included every single positive post about us which was about 3 comments!
Wow, I stand corrected if most were critical. I only read through 5 pages, and most just seemed to be focussing on their performance, a few were saying things like should have been 3/4 but I think any fans say stuff like that, not just City. I totally disagree with any City fans who think we were cowards/negative, they don't live in the real world anymore football wise.

Just had another view of some of there comments Roy. You were right! Very little credit to us, just negative comments. They don't live in the real world anymore. I do stick to the the point that "where were you when you were s''t" is not actually factual to City fans. They may have changed their identity now but support wise City were one of the few clubs who have always got good support even when they were in League One but at the same token they should get 30,000 plus in League One given the size of Greater Manchester, it's chuffing huge and so many Man U and Man City fans come from Greater Manchester from towns that have their own team like Rochdale but would rather support the big two there.

I agree, I look at opposition fans comments and they must be the most obnoxious that I have seen.

Cheers Roy. I admit curiosity got the better of me and I went on their forum shortly after the game yesterday and if Roy has been quite kind to them. He could have made the wanker section of comments twice as long with ease. They really are a stunning collection of of some of the worst types of football fans going. Definitely a cautionary tale in the dangers of what can happen when you get a super wealthy owner: all the weapons grade bellends are guaranteed to gravitate to your team like they picked you out of a catalogue. The fact so many of them were complaining the ref wasn't sufficiently bias to them is just laughable.

A lot of them couldn't understand why Grealish was getting booed, boiling it down to jealousy of his silky skills and us "being sheep" because we want to fit in with the other fans. So let's explain it to the hard of thinking. Jack got grief because despite being an undeniably good footballer, he still taints that with his propensity for flinging himself to the floor and rolling around like he's just been scythed down coming off a landing craft on Omaha beach. He may not be quite as bad at this as his old Villa days but it's still there, stinking out his game. Him continuing the writhing antics even after he's "won" the freekick doesn't convince anyone. He still springs to his feet again shortly after and puts the out of place leg hair back in place. And yes, I feel the same way even when he's wearing an England shirt because it's embarrassing.

A quick point to consider in the unlikely chance any City fan is still reading this thread: if Jack is getting booed by opposing fans in every game, doesn't that tell you something? None of your other eye wateringly good players get that level of grief

What a set of arrogant, entitled, know-nothing pricks those first few commenters are. Clearly we should have gone out playing expansive attacking football and just let them roll us over by 6.

How the fuck do they expect a newly-promoted side, with a fraction of their budget, to play against a side probably worth north of half a BILLION quid? We had a gameplan, we stuck to it, we made a few chances (the kop roof would be in orbit now if Anel had stuck that chance away at the end) and we almost got a reward out of it. Yes we mixed it with them physically, but that's what they do every single game, they just have some truly sublime players to go along with the physicality.

Excellent effort Blades.

City are probably the most entitled set of fans on the planet. They genuinely seem to think every other side should just be in awe at being on the same pitch as their magnificence. They've bought their success with some seriously dodgy financial stuff. I would love to see it all come crashing down around their ears, and their "fans" can all fuck off back to old trafford, or Arsenal/Liverpool/Chelsea/whoever else they used to "support." Twats.

I keep predicting the demise of the era of teams throwing around the sort of money that Manchester City and probably even more so Chelsea do but it seems that the petrodollar nations and weird American billionaires keep appearing to sustain it. I don’t know what can be done about it but there’s just no romance left now. Is there any chance of a team like Clough’s Forest getting promoted and doing what they did on football merit alone? None. Even the Leicester “fairytale“ wasn’t really much of one when you see the money they had behind them at the time. I pity the youngsters today because you can’t support a smaller club and have any dreams of overthrowing the football monopoly that the premier league has become, and yes I know we were part of the creation, a fact I take no pleasure from.
I totally agree although Forest are the one club other than Wednesday that I wouldn't want to repeat their success! Sadly until we get better regulation of wages and transfer fees than it will continue, we need a total re-think of how the PL runs but the powers at be won't change because they know change means the better players who come here for the money will go to the next best paid European league and now there's the Saudi money I can only see the PL doing all they can to get more money into the league. You talk about smaller teams are no longer able to win anything, Id go as far as saying without serious money its impossible to even stay in the PL! The exception is Brentford who are such a well run club, it does have to be said. What they've achieved there is unbelievable really. Yes they've got some money but they've never spent like what Forest have for example, they just have incredible recruitment.

I totally agree although Forest are the one club other than Wednesday that I wouldn't want to repeat their success! Sadly until we get better regulation of wages and transfer fees than it will continue, we need a total re-think of how the PL runs but the powers at be won't change because they know change means the better players who come here for the money will go to the next best paid European league and now there's the Saudi money I can only see the PL doing all they can to get more money into the league. You talk about smaller teams are no longer able to win anything, Id go as far as saying without serious money its impossible to even stay in the PL! The exception is Brentford who are such a well run club, it does have to be said. What they've achieved there is unbelievable really. Yes they've got some money but they've never spent like what Forest have for example, they just have incredible recruitment.
I’d agree they’re commendable in the way they work. That said they have to get it right every year or their underlying financial weakness will condemn them.

I'm not sure the City Forum allows for dissenting voices. I've put two comments on that are still awaiting moderator approval.
Edit, they've put the comments on now

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230828-103018_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230828-103018_Chrome.jpg
    406 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20230828-102948_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230828-102948_Chrome.jpg
    453.2 KB · Views: 45
The complete lack of objectivity, the lopsided bias, the massive entitlement.......after reading several of their comments it's clear that it's equivalent of a crack-whore's foot stamping simply because they 'demand' that other teams play the way they expect.

Financially they and us are world's apart, but the unadulterated arrogance they exude is breathtaking in it's gormlessness. Straitjackets for the lot of 'em I say, sml, med, large and exlg, they should be forced to reflect on their peanut brained twatishness.

I really don’t get their outrage at us not going “toe to toe” with their £bn+ squad.

Burnley tried the high press and went 1 nil down in 4 minutes, yes they created a bit more than we did but they have a better squad than us so hardly a surprise.

Thanks for posting as always…but after seeing the header post, I can’t read it. Man City and their knob fans are now everything that is wrong with football and particularly the premier league. I will look forward to the Everton game comments 👍

The comments about us sitting off them and letting them have the ball, "parking the bus" etc. are stupid beyond belief.

Like we had any other choice? They've got half a billion of talent on the field. Our front line had a lad from the Swedish leagues and Osula who couldn't make Derby's first XI. The ball was never going to stick.

We did what we could with the tools we had and it almost paid off. In any case, for a club like us getting out of the City game -1 GD isn't bad going. They'll hopefully spank those around us.

Back
Top Bottom