Roy's View From... View From Luton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

“We struggle against shite teams...."

Errr, we don't!!
Let them have there moment in the sun.
Shown the premier league how to beat them! Play them at there own game but more effectively having better players.
They got promotion playing the way we did effectively Sat, credit to them for bringing quality experienced players who have helped them kick on.
We undid them I expect other prem teams to latch on to this and give them a tougher run in.

Watching how unrepentant these are RE the Norrington Davies chanting (after now knowing he's injured) and some of the comments, I honestly can't stand these anymore.

Totally changed my perception of them and really hope they go down.

The cameras follow the ball.

You get no appreciation of off the ball work, players making runs and tracking back.

I watched it on TV too, but wouldn't pretend to have a full appreciation of the game. I also agree Silent Blade , they may have had 75% possession, but much of it wasn't remotely threatening.

True you can see space developing etc depending where you are sat, id argue its too low down at luton to really appreciate whats happening. However with incidents like both the penalties, you've got no idea what's happened watching it live. So someone who has watched on TV is better placed to comment on the key incidents

True you can see space developing etc depending where you are sat, id argue its too low down at luton to really appreciate whats happening. However with incidents like both the penalties, you've got no idea what's happened watching it live. So someone who has watched on TV is better placed to comment on the key incidents
Yes, tv is better for key incidents such as fouls and handball but it is best to be at the game to see how both teams play, how the players support each other and link ups. XADE doesn't understand the difference between penetrative possession and meaningless possession. Yes Luton had a lot of possession in the 2nd half but we're wasteful and Foderingham wasn't really troubled. Even Rob Edwards admitted that Luton didn't deserve anything from the match.

Yes, tv is better for key incidents such as fouls and handball but it is best to be at the game to see how both teams play, how the players support each other and link ups. XADE doesn't understand the difference between penetrative possession and meaningless possession. Yes Luton had a lot of possession in the 2nd half but we're wasteful and Foderingham wasn't really troubled. Even Rob Edwards admitted that Luton didn't deserve anything from the match.
Oh I understand it completely, what you don't seem to be grasping is if you give everyone 60-80% possession, even a team as shit as us (Burnley) you'll end up on -38goals ;).

I am not just talking about this one team or one game, it's been ALL season. Sit back and soak up the pressure in the Premier League gets you slaughtered, time and again. One good result, and no change of tact doesn't change that at all.

Oh I understand it completely, what you don't seem to be grasping is if you give everyone 60-80% possession, even a team as shit as us (Burnley) you'll end up on -38goals ;).

I am not just talking about this one team or one game, it's been ALL season. Sit back and soak up the pressure in the Premier League gets you slaughtered, time and again. One good result, and no change of tact doesn't change that at all.
Leicester won the league in 2016 with an average of 39% possession. Winning games isn't about how much possession you got, it is how you use it.

Leicester won the league in 2016 with an average of 39% possession. Winning games isn't about how much possession you got, it is how you use it.
That will never ever happen again though, we don't have their players for that. Come on.

Sitting deep and being prepared to concede possession is a pretty astute way of playing against Luton.

They aren’t an especially creative side - to put it mildly - and they are highly unlikely to pick you apart with intricate passing. Their strength - literally- is the power and pace that they have assembled in attacking positions. For that to be effective, they themselves like to play on the break - affording their runners lots of space to work in. As Silent says, Leicester did the same thing to great effect - albeit with far more refinement than Luton. Others have thrived with such tactics too over the years, notably Palace.

The issue for the vast majority of Premier League sides is that their vanity and ego simply won’t allow them to allow Luton to dominate possession. Hence, the likes of Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal pinned them back, hammered away at a brick wall of giant defenders, and were given all sorts of trouble by Luton on the break. It’ll be interesting to see how Man U do against them this weekend because, out of all the established sides, Man U are the one who are not wedded to dominating possession. They also have the physicality and strength - if they pick Maguire and McTominay - to cope with Luton’s strength.

Ultimately, it was a perfect game plan for dealing with Luton.

What is it with these little clubs getting all jumped up, all the time.

Brighton used to be same (they actually are good now), same with Bournemouth.

Hope it starts a nice little downswing for them.

Ta Roy.

Charlton were the same when they were last in the Prem, fans went from little club with their hand knitted scarves and rattles, to billy big time entitled knobends, complaining about how they were too big for Curbishley. Got what they wished for and went down the next season, and they've not been back since 🤣

Charlton were the same when they were last in the Prem, fans went from little club with their hand knitted scarves and rattles, to billy big time entitled knobends, complaining about how they were too big for Curbishley. Got what they wished for and went down the next season, and they've not been back since 🤣

Charlton 2006/07 should be the definition of 'be careful what you wish for'.

There was an entitled CheatinAmmers fan on 5live Monday Night Club, bemoaning their style of play and saying they had a better squad than Villa and Spurs. He also described them as a 'sleeping giant' and thought they should be competing for the Champions League places.
Truly S6 levels of delusion.

In our last 6 games:

51% Possession - Lost
19% Possession - Lost
57% possession - Drew
46% possession - Lost
36% possession - Battered
25% possession - Won

3 of the last 6 games we've had around parity on possession (1 point fwiw).

Last edited:
In our last 6 games:

51% Possession - Lost
19% Possession - Lost
57% possession - Drew
46% possession - Lost
36% possession - Battered
25% possession - Won

3 of the last 6 games we've had around parity on possession (1 point fwiw).
This seems pointless?

Again I'm talking about overall this season. We are bottom in points, goal difference and guess what.. possession.

This seems pointless?

Again I'm talking about overall this season. We are bottom in points, goal difference and guess what.. possession.

You've continually alluded to the fact were just giving up possession all the time. I agree that as an overall tactic it's probably a loser as we've seen.

I'm just showing that half the time recently we've had about the same as the other team. To show there has been a "change of tact".

With a bit of luck they’ll go down then down then down again back where these arrogant lot belong and take their subuteo ground with em

You've continually alluded to the fact were just giving up possession all the time. I agree that as an overall tactic it's probably a loser as we've seen.

I'm just showing that half the time recently we've had about the same as the other team. To show there has been a "change of tact".
I suggest you read the original replies.

Back
Top Bottom