Roy's View From... View From Gillingham

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score

Cheers Roy, hope we left Fleck and Norwood there as an apology!!

Funny song choice, at full time they played Suedehead by Morrissey in the ground

Basically today, they are us and we are the other 15 or so good Premier League teams.

Feels weird reading those comments. We know any prem team would’ve battered our line up today so just feels weird.

If they think that was a tough game it's to be hopes they never play one of the top ten in the Premier league. We can play a lot better than that and still struggle against the top teams. the gulf in class to the Championship is huge, to league two teams the Premier league is on a different planet. They can't compete as we can't compete with the likes of Man City, it is no real disgrace to them it is just how modern football is.

If they think that was a tough game it's to be hopes they never play one of the top ten in the Premier league. We can play a lot better than that and still struggle against the top teams. the gulf in class to the Championship is huge, to league two teams the Premier league is on a different planet. They can't compete as we can't compete with the likes of Man City, it is no real disgrace to them it is just how modern football is.
Though I doubt they'll ever admit it or I'll ever be able to prove it, top 6 teams must see matches like that an opportunity to just enjoy a day off and have a kick about.

“If you switched keepers today, you switch the result” - some fans appreciate the GK who has made the most saves in the PL this season

Perhaps I'm alone here but I actually think they're being a bit harsh on themselves.

I'm not quite sure what they were expecting against a relatively strong side of ours, but they definitely caused us problems at times and could've had a goal or two if not for offside flags and fine margins.

That's not to slag us off or big them up to more than they were, just think there were some positives to take from the game from a Gills perspective.

"Let’s invest those scarf sales into a striker,keeper,right back & centre half please"

Like something some of our accounting gurus would say.

Perhaps I'm alone here but I actually think they're being a bit harsh on themselves.

I'm not quite sure what they were expecting against a relatively strong side of ours, but they definitely caused us problems at times and could've had a goal or two if not for offside flags and fine margins.

That's not to slag us off or big them up to more than they were, just think there were some positives to take from the game from a Gills perspective.
Yes ,they did ok at times, and if they'd scored while it was still 2-0, I think we would have got nervy.

I agree. Really thought they would be in our faces and close us down more. Could have turned out different if they had, and they had their moments, but they stood back and let us play a bit, which made a nice change.

Back
Top Bottom