Roy's View From... View From Gillingham

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Funny song choice, at full time they played Suedehead by Morrissey in the ground
Quite apt song to play to the fans after a 4-0 defeat:
"Why do you come here?
And why, why do you hang around?
I'm so sorry, oh, I'm so sorry"

Someone mentioned the gulf between the EFL and the Prem and we know this better than most of course!

They were a threat at times particularly in the air as one of their blokes was head and shoulders bigger than any of our defenders. They started the second half brightly too despite being behind and I reckon Chris brought Vinnie on to break their play up a bit.

This is what we say about every team we play this season 😂

Thanks Roy. That'll learn em for being too overconfident! Always nice to score goals and get into the draw, and I won 25 quid.
Result.

If they think that was a tough game it's to be hopes they never play one of the top ten in the Premier league. We can play a lot better than that and still struggle against the top teams. the gulf in class to the Championship is huge, to league two teams the Premier league is on a different planet. They can't compete as we can't compete with the likes of Man City, it is no real disgrace to them it is just how modern football is.
Reminded me of a few games we've had this season, roles reversed.

Gillingham couldn't sit back and expect to hold on. If they tried to be a bit more attacking then they were so vulnerable to counters. Just leaves you in no man's land.

Not gonna let clubs like Gillingham touch a nerve with their confident pre match thoughts, however a lesson was learnt for them that even though we sit bottom of the premier league currently, the gulf between that and league 2 is humongous.

I'm confused, what gear were we in?
We're kinda like an old skool first gen EV, yknow those with only one gear that goes 0 to 100 but in reality we go 0 to 70 but only for a very short period of time.

Cheers Panchero!

They can't compete as we can't compete with the likes of Man City, it is no real disgrace to them it is just how modern football is.

They gave us more of a contest than we gave Manchester City. Maybe the difference between us and Man City is greater than the length of the entire EFL? Or maybe not.

"Let’s invest those scarf sales into a striker,keeper,right back & centre half please"

Like something some of our accounting gurus would say.

They did once buy Tony Cascarino for 11 tracksuits so maybe that sort of transfer is still their stock in trade?

They gave us more of a contest than we gave Manchester City. Maybe the difference between us and Man City is greater than the length of the entire EFL? Or maybe not.
Huddersfield gave them more of a contest than we did but look what they received for their efforts and I'd suggest we were more compatible with Huddersfield than we'll ever be with City so you can hazard a pretty good guess we'd have received the same had we gone on the offensive.

As I've said before, despite our fan base Wilder and the squad have to see survival as their goal, and an achievable one at that so they can't be mooching around saying "ah we're down what's the point" so minimising the damage to our already obliterated goal difference was probably the key aspect in that match. Might not be pretty but it somewhat worked.

Back
Top Bottom