View from Crewe

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Disagree totally about the support - no one forces anyone to go and see either club - the 18/19K that go and see United at present, do it because they want to not because they have to. Sorry, but we know who we are as a club and I apply that to W'day as well.

W'day also have a load of loyal supporters, but what our S6 neighbours are losing is supporters from out of town. When I was a nipper they drew support from far and wide, especially when they were in the top division - not so these days, kids are more likely to support Chelsea/Man Utd/Man City et al. That piggy Megson spouted a load of crap about support when managing them, but he like the rest of them can't see the obvious.

UTB
I'm not sure what we're disagreeing on?

The pigs have lost a lot of support through being rubbish, agreed.

It doesn't seem to answer the question about what we have that they don't?

UTB

I'm not sure what we're disagreeing on?

The pigs have lost a lot of support through being rubbish, agreed.

It doesn't seem to answer the question about what we have that they don't?

UTB

Them in S6 have and are still losing support from a strong fan base which will get worst as the season goes on . They do live on 90s memories and even going back to the early sixties always saw themselves as a upper class , traditional, superior club , going back to the Eric Taylor days. We were poor relations with a 3 sided falling down ground . The way they think is passed on in there genes and DNA as mentioned previously. My view is that as a Blade , we have always known our place and been humble as supporters.

The most thing they have in common with the Blades was Lee Stratford blue print for the future , when he was playing at being chairman ( although the guy was a true working class bloke made good , but lost the plot ) . This was his plan -

Being a supporter and loving the club can cloud the steeliest businessman judgement , but i want to be able to

Build the brand

Embrace technology and world markets

communicate properly with the fan base

Be transparent with the fan base

persuading the right investors to come on board

Turbulent times still going on but this will change with investment.

Could have been said and written by another chairman , supporter from Sheffield close to home in S2.

Not much difference , between us and them , except manners , truth and honesty , not being deluded ,make the man and club . That is a Blade.

UTB.

I can see 2 clubs with great support that they don't deserve.

UTB

I disagree with that statement above - you say United don't deserve the support - why?

Lots of fans can see something different with NC and the team at the Lane right now. Something they haven't seen since NW's days.
OK, so we have had issues in the recent past - nothing compares to the late 70's and 80's.

There is a new regime, that doesn't meet everyone's expectations, I just find it disappointing that certain supporters on here are so quick to have a go (that is not pointed at you btw).

We deserve our support because we are turning the corner - slowly admitted, but we are and that is why 4,200 are off to Donny this weekend - absolutely tremendous backing.

We are still in all 4 completions we entered - hope it doesn't backfire tomorrow night :)

UTB

I disagree with that statement above - you say United don't deserve the support - why?

Lots of fans can see something different with NC and the team at the Lane right now. Something they haven't seen since NW's days.
OK, so we have had issues in the recent past - nothing compares to the late 70's and 80's.

There is a new regime, that doesn't meet everyone's expectations, I just find it disappointing that certain supporters on here are so quick to have a go (that is not pointed at you btw).

We deserve our support because we are turning the corner - slowly admitted, but we are and that is why 4,200 are off to Donny this weekend - absolutely tremendous backing.

We are still in all 4 completions we entered - hope it doesn't backfire tomorrow night :)

UTB

I'm really not hot under the collar about the new regime. I think the hype has surpassed the reality somewhat, but if the "gamechanging" statement had been replaced by "we haven't got a pot to piss in and the only money we'll spend is that that's genetrated at the turnstiles" then I'd have accepted it and just done my bit. But that is the reality we've experienced.

The comment about support comes because I think the support we get, given the absolute crap that we've been served up for decades, is unbelievable.

McCabe is just one of a long line of failures in that regard. He's really well meaning (debatable, but that's my opinion), but his tenure has been a cast iron failure. On some measures, this is the lowest point in our history (4 seasons in thre 3rd division) - that's McCabe's fault.

The new regime has steadied the ship, but in reality that's because it's sunk to the bottom of the ocean and would need a supreme, Weir / Robson esque effort to push it into the ocean floor.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom