Roy's View From... View From Brighton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Cheers Panchero!

It's based on performance, basic ability to control a ball and our pattern of play. We do look like a team where the players were slung together a few days ago. We consistently received the same comments last season about how opposition thought we looked an average mid table Championship side.

Can't work it out, we do look poor this season. Never known a SUFC team in the top flight look so off the required standard.
It's as though our tactics are...to sit back, put every player in our half...play absolutely shit and lull the opposition into a false sense of security.
At half time they'll think we're one of the worse sides they've played in years....then 2nd half we raise our levels and pull off a surprise result.
It's working better than thought this season a last season.....so credit to Hecky.

If you got Hecky drunk and got him to open up about this tactics.
Suspect he'd say he'd like to play open expansive football but would say he has little choice but to take a pragmatic approach.
He could point to Vincent Kompany at Burnley, who sticks to his principles of playing entertaining, attacking passing football.
Look what good playing an open attacking game has done for them, they are now below us.
We are a team that's been slung together in the last days before the season started.
It would appear that our pre season has finally come to an end, four points last two games, and the players are starting to gel.
Another international break, what a load of bollocks, all it does is help the clubs with almost unlimited funds and consequentially the best players. Fingers crossed, it don't derail the small run we have started, momentum is important. We will see.

And also, if I'm an opposition fan I too wold be thinking were one of the worst sides in pl history.

Stats on everything more or less back that up
Statistics can make anything look a certain way, but most of them are bullshit.

Like a fortnight ago we were "The worst Premier League team that has played 10 games"
Then we weren't the worst Premier League team that has played eleven games
And now we aren't the worst Premier League team that has played 12 games
And after the next game we could be the worst team that has ever played 13 games.

You know what they say about statistics
It's all made up meaningless crap that enables TV companies to employ a bunch of Southern twats to slag Sheffield United off
Until 38 games have been played, nobody knows anything

The songs are "cringey"

Well blades was all I could hear on TV all game, not a fucking peep from Brighton and watching them fuck of early at 1-1 was a disgrace...

They were at home, if the mice had clogs we'd have heard them before the Brighton fans, shit plastic cunts.
Ronnie Hilton eh!! Brill.

Someone needs to tell em that Burnley are the worst team in the league based in the table....

🤦‍♂️

Ask Vincent Company who are the worst team in the division you arrogant southern entitled dicks. Oh and it's Sheffield UNITED.

I am praying that this lot become the next Bolton 😄

Thanks Roy.

It is becoming more & more obvious that fans of other teams just don't understand the ethos of a club like ours. We operate differently to most other clubs, as fans we demand the basics of 100% effort, if the players give everything & show heart & desire, then we are for the most part satisfied. We despise the way players of other clubs cheat their way through games, screaming & rolling around like they have been shot. If our own players do it we berate them, it is not what we want to see. Maybe we lose out sometimes because we refuse to stoop to using the same tactics, but I don't want us to move away from that stance. Fuck 'em all is what I say, we are United.
Top post.

100% this is what we expect.

100% effort and no cry babies.

Cheers Roy.. i love reading the bitterness.

. top tune pick n all... Brian Setzer is the coolest guitar player of all time (quickly moves it to a different thread)

Anyone upset over Brighton fans looking down upon us and other teams I say don't worry. Football goes in cycles - remember Charlton used to be a well run, established PL team. One bad decision later (letting Curbishley leave) and look at the journey it has took them on.

Another team that underestimated The Blades.

Unfortunately Bournemouth probably won’t, and Burnley certainly won’t.

Back
Top Bottom