Roy's View From... View From Brighton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Made me smile how many of Brighton's supporters proclaimed Blades are the worst team this, worst team that.
Blades just drew with B&HA, so what's that make B&HA.
Well done Blades players, management & backroom staff. This is all we, the supporter & fans, ask. EFFORT.
Thank you Roy. 😎
Third division South, he, he, he.

It's based on performance, basic ability to control a ball and our pattern of play. We do look like a team where the players were slung together a few days ago. We consistently received the same comments last season about how opposition thought we looked an average mid table Championship side.

Can't work it out, we do look poor this season. Never known a SUFC team in the top flight look so off the required standard.
It's as though our tactics are...to sit back, put every player in our half...play absolutely shit and lull the opposition into a false sense of security.
At half time they'll think we're one of the worse sides they've played in years....then 2nd half we raise our levels and pull off a surprise result.
It's working better than thought this season a last season.....so credit to Hecky.

If you got Hecky drunk and got him to open up about this tactics.
Suspect he'd say he'd like to play open expansive football but would say he has little choice but to take a pragmatic approach.
He could point to Vincent Kompany at Burnley, who sticks to his principles of playing entertaining, attacking passing football.
Look what good playing an open attacking game has done for them, they are now below us.

Can't argue with most of those comments. Brighton remind me a bit of Reading or Portsmouth. Wouldn't be upset to see them go the same way.

As with everyone else cheers Royston..........at least our self-awareness means we don't delude ourselves. Yes, we're poor, at times appallingly so, but the fact remains that inspite of our lack of quality you could not beat us. You're meant to be this season's surprise package yet you couldn't find the imagination to finish the job....anyway chaps, much appreciate the point UTB

Brighton are just that team you play when you feel a bit shit and need a point or 3.

Nice to watch but soft as shit with a ground full of fans who’d rather eat Werthers and cover their knees with a blanket than make it intimidating for their opponents.

95% of them probably supported Man U until 10 years ago.

steveM
Having not watched them before I was expecting better. I’ll ignore their fatigue from their euro outing this week as, well, frankly they should have a squad big enough to cope and zero sympathy.

But apart from first 20 mins when they perhaps could’ve and should’ve been out of sight, they were pretty toothless and shit to watch. If I had to watch that each week I’d give up. Shithousing like Norwich a few seasons back, trying to con the ref at every opportunity and throwing away a lead against the worst team in the league before the game started

Can’t be arsed to read their actual comments but can guess the tone

Good point on the road for us. Shit point for them. Fuck em

I dont, never have, never will give a flying one about other fans think about us. We are not them.

What makes me happy when my head hits my pillow is that my team gave all they have to frustrate better resourced teams.
That's all we can do, that's all we ever do.

Are you trying to say the team that inherited 15,000 new fans out of nowhere don't remember where they have come from?

It's not that Brighton fans have short memories. Most of them weren't there to begin with!
I sat with 5 of them. 2 were Liverpool fans, 1 Man U, 1 Ipswich and one Arsenal. They are not deep rooted fans

I don’t mind Brighton I think I always used to like them as they seemed to always knock the pigs out of the FA Cup!

Its strange times as Brighton and Brentford always used to be average also ran teams that never did well.

Their manager seems decent although he got a tad upset because they didn’t win.

Let’s hope we continue our little run against Bournemouth. Its another big game. It won’t be easy they have some decent players but we can do it.

Fuck Albion , the fans are disrespectful , we are Sheffield United, not Sheffield. Pisses me off. That's why I've called them Albion. Small team in wisdean.Ps thank you Roygbiv 😊

Having not watched them before I was expecting better. I’ll ignore their fatigue from their euro outing this week as, well, frankly they should have a squad big enough to cope and zero sympathy.

But apart from first 20 mins when they perhaps could’ve and should’ve been out of sight, they were pretty toothless and shit to watch. If I had to watch that each week I’d give up. Shithousing like Norwich a few seasons back, trying to con the ref at every opportunity and throwing away a lead against the worst team in the league before the game started

Can’t be arsed to read their actual comments but can guess the tone

Good point on the road for us. Shit point for them. Fuck em
They were poor today after the first half hour, I’ve seen 2 or 3 of their games this season and they have some exciting players, Mitoma is excellent as well as Ansu Fathi.

They are just a really inoffensive team for me, I’d swap league positions and recruitment strategies but the rest is watered down shite.

Pathetic support with one chant “Albion, Albion”.
They’re temporary residents of premier league as well.

Still a funny old football timeline where these guys lost to the pigs in a Championship playoff semi not too long ago!

Thanks Roy.

It is becoming more & more obvious that fans of other teams just don't understand the ethos of a club like ours. We operate differently to most other clubs, as fans we demand the basics of 100% effort, if the players give everything & show heart & desire, then we are for the most part satisfied. We despise the way players of other clubs cheat their way through games, screaming & rolling around like they have been shot. If our own players do it we berate them, it is not what we want to see. Maybe we lose out sometimes because we refuse to stoop to using the same tactics, but I don't want us to move away from that stance. Fuck 'em all is what I say, we are United.

The songs are "cringey"

Well blades was all I could hear on TV all game, not a fucking peep from Brighton and watching them fuck of early at 1-1 was a disgrace...

They were at home, if the mice had clogs we'd have heard them before the Brighton fans, shit plastic cunts.

Back
Top Bottom