Statistics Very superstitious

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

brownblade

Reaction score
So I've got a big problem...

Yesterday morning I accidentally put my Blades scarf on (still in fairly pristine condition since early 90s btw, real value for money).
To explain... it was hidden in my coat and basically fell onto my neck. I didn't even know it was there.

N.B. I did have a necessary reason to go outside. I take lockdown very seriously.

The problem is that, as soon as this strange scarf occurrence happened... I knew we were going to beat Man Utd... But I also knew that I could never "accidentally" put the scarf on again...!

How can this be made into a workable regular superstition?!

So I've got a big problem...

Yesterday morning I accidentally put my Blades scarf on (still in fairly pristine condition since early 90s btw, real value for money).
To explain... it was hidden in my coat and basically fell onto my neck. I didn't even know it was there.

N.B. I did have a necessary reason to go outside. I take lockdown very seriously.

The problem is that, as soon as this strange scarf occurrence happened... I knew we were going to beat Man Utd... But I also knew that I could never "accidentally" put the scarf on again...!

How can this be made into a workable regular superstition?!

So, (that’ll rev a few people up, starting a sentence with ‘so’) is it the ‘accident’ that you think is worth a superstition? Or the wearing of the scarf? Or the combination?

The Accident - walking about with your eyes shut will dramatically increase your chances of having one.
The Scarf - erm, put the scarf on.
The Combination - difficult one but you could try getting a member of your household to prepare an accidental scarf wearing jape each match-day by secreting your scarf in random items of clothing.

Whichever one it is, you’ll probably only need to try it once if you do it this Saturday. Then your new “we’ll win if I....” superstition will be proved wrong.
However, if we do win on Saturday, you’ll have Blades all over the world rummaging through their knitwear drawers.

So, (that’ll rev a few people up, starting a sentence with ‘so’) is it the ‘accident’ that you think is worth a superstition? Or the wearing of the scarf? Or the combination?

The Accident - walking about with your eyes shut will dramatically increase your chances of having one.
The Combination - difficult one but you could try getting a member of your household to prepare an accidental scarf wearing jape each match-day by secreting your scarf in random items of clothing.

Whichever one it is, you’ll probably only need to try it once if you do it this Saturday. Then your new “we’ll win if I....” superstition will be proved wrong.
However, if we do win on Saturday, you’ll have Blades all over the world rummaging through their knitwear drawers.
I think we should all go in for some japes.
There has never been a better time.

Does anyone know how to unburn a pair of lucky socks. Asking for an idiot friend of mine.
I might, but I need you to ask your friend to get you to post on here how they managed to burn their socks in the first place please.
It seems such a difficult thing to do these days.

I might, but I need you to ask your friend to get you to post on here how they managed to burn their socks in the first place please.
It seems such a difficult thing to do these days.
He told me he made a John Fleck Guy Fawkes and burnt him after the Leicester game and now wishes he hadn't.

He told me he made a John Fleck Guy Fawkes and burnt him after the Leicester game and now wishes he hadn't.
He’s obviously the idiot you said he was.....
The bad news is there’s no way to bring the socks back from their fiery hell.
However, he can make a new pair ‘lucky’ by putting them in the freezer to please the Gods.

He’s obviously the idiot you said he was.....
The bad news is there’s no way to bring the socks back from their fiery hell.
However, he can make a new pair ‘lucky’ by putting them in the freezer to please the Gods.
Does he need to be wearing them when he puts them in the freezer? It's just that his wife is moaning about them squashing her cornetto's.

Does he need to be wearing them when he puts them in the freezer? It's just that his wife is moaning about them squashing her cornetto's.
Tell him no matter how much he might like squashing his wife's cornetto's, he needs to really concentrate on creating his new pair of lucky socks.
The tea-leaves say if he wasn't wearing them in the fire, he shouldn't wear them in the freezer. It'd be bad Karma to do so. And his feet would get cold.
The leaves suggest rolling the socks into as tight-a-ball as possible & tucking them under the oven chips. NOT the peas or that ball of beef mince he's forgotten about at the back on the 3rd shelf down.

The combination.
Had also considered getting my wife's help. But even then, the accidentally part seems implausible.

Back
Top Bottom