VAR - View From the Rest of the World

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sabella's Socks

Dribbling
Reaction score
With apologies to Roy. Taken from this reddit thread

That is fucking ridiculous. [There were dozens/hundreds of comments like this]

I spent an entire year going to almost every game home and away in Ligue 1 last season and was only ever pleased with how well VAR was working in those matches. Now in the space of 3 months the English FA have made me detest it.

VAR in the FA Cup was shit, this is on a whole different level of shit though. Surely this is the Premier League's fault

The advantage should always go to the forward. THis is an entertainment product, not a fucking physics class where we measure thigns down to the quantum realm for fuck sakes.

Seriously, there must be a reason the FA doesn't want VAR and are making it as awful as possible.

Oh, and a lot of the fans are falling for it, blaming VAR instead of incompetence.

I'm still really happy about our own VAR in the Netherlands, it's really satisfying to me to see bad decisions overturned so frequently, and see the refs be so happy about being corrected as well. I love VAR moment van de Week from the KNVB as well, where they show the decision on and off the pitch and explain it.

Honestly, many VAR decisions are surrounded by controversies in Ligue 1, I'm not so sure it's really better here.

That's false, I watch ligue 1 and they talk about VAR fuck ups almost every week end

same as the firmino goal last time. Check it 3-4 times. 3 times he‘s onside, then once he‘s offside. Oh, 3 times onside and once offside? That‘s a clear and obvious error!! HE WAS DEFINITLY OFFSIDE!!!

Fucking ridiculous VAR useage. Refs should all be dumped and FA fined by Fifa for miseuseage of VAR.

Needs to be a time limit on making the decision. Took them over 3 minutes of drawing lines to finally decide it was offside. If you can't do it within 60 secs, decision on field should stand.

lol, I'm sure putting more pressure on the people that make the decision will yield better results

You can have your North London, North West and Merseyside derbies. Football vs. VAR has been the best rivalry this season.
oh fuck off with this pixel shit

Fuck me that's harsh on them, that was absolutely a goal. They've been better than us by a country mile

Dutch commentator was absolutely furious with the decision, and rightly so

And Finally...

I’m a Spurs fan and I think that’s ridiculous

I'm a Wednesday fan; it's a fucking joke.

I'm a fan every day of the fucking week and that's not offside

Back
Top Bottom