var UPDATE includes easter for and against totals

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

blade too long

weve come home
Reaction score

In favour of smaller clubs, Fulham, Forest and Brentford. Gone against Liverpool, Arsenal and Man U.

Is this thread arguing conspiracy?

In favour of smaller clubs, Fulham, Forest and Brentford. Gone against Liverpool, Arsenal and Man U.

Is this thread arguing conspiracy?

Probably a factor of the big teams having more situations where they're scoring goals only to have them ruled out. Pretty hard for Man City to gain a +1 from someone scoring against them only for a striker's arsecheek to be offside if they're rarely conceding in the first place

is the overall for and against clubs decisions totted up and balanced out by opta for this season
some VAR go for a club some against,,, they add them up and and get an overall view

brighton spurs and Luton are only 3 getting the balance spot on

Are these incorrect VAR decisions or just all VAR decisions?

It’s the incorrect ones that should concern people.

VAR - NET SCORE​

Why am I not surprised​

So the refs are inclined to act in our favour and those cheeky twats at Stockley Park make them enforce the rules!

Is that what it means?

This seems to indicate that referees (or linesmen) gave a net of four decisions for us that they shouldn't have. So if there is any bias/conspiracy, we had been benefiting from it.

That’s it.

Not sure it means much.

Now incorrect VAR calls would be more telling I.e. ones they agree they got wrong.

I’d still like to know why Casemiro got a red for hands around the neck of Will Hughes yet Bassey having both hands around the neck of Hamer does not.

Can’t have it both ways, chaps!

This seems to indicate that referees (or linesmen) gave a net of four decisions for us that they shouldn't have. So if there is any bias/conspiracy, we had been benefiting from it.
no quite the opposite we are 4 more against us , the minus is the clue

Yeah but every single goal we score seems to get at least 5 minutes of scrutiny looking for any miniscule reason to chalk it off.
When teams score against us it seems there's rarely any time spent looking for reasons to say no. Hence the huge amounts of extra time when we are still on games because we've managed to score a couple of perfect goals...

Yeah but every single goal we score seems to get at least 5 minutes of scrutiny looking for any miniscule reason to chalk it off.
When teams score against us it seems there's rarely any time spent looking for reasons to say no. Hence the huge amounts of extra time when we are still on games because we've managed to score a couple of perfect goals...
It says to me that because we’re really shit no one believes that we can legitimately score goals and therefore they check to see if we’ve cheated our way to scoring.

Yes - VAR has given four against us. That means that the original decisions (wrongly) went for us.
So if the original decisions that went for us were wrong, and were corrected by VAR, why is that a minus? Surely if the correct decision has been made by VAR it is status quo?

So if the original decisions that went for us were wrong, and were corrected by VAR, why is that a minus? Surely if the correct decision has been made by VAR it is status quo?

Because those figures (in the OP) are for the decisions that VAR overturned.

VAR - NET SCORE​

Why am I not surprised​

This corruption nonsense needs to stop.

What exactly is the theory here? That there is a broad conspiracy, amongst all referees, to prejudice against us?
... and for some inexplicable reason, to really favour Fulham, Forest, Villa & Brentford?

I note the three biggest clubs in the league (Man Utd, Arsenal & Liverpool) all also in the minus figures... Who is this corruption supposedly favouring?
Or is it all just hell bent against us, one of the shittest teams the league has ever seen that have been relegated (more or less) since about October...?

We're just terrible.
And VAR extends it's influence way beyond what is reasonable (if "clear and obvious" was properly applied it might be OK).
Beyond that, there's not much more to it.

The corruption stuff is embarrassing.

no quite the opposite we are 4 more against us , the minus is the clue
So the original on field decision was in our favour then…

If there’s some random ‘corruption’ against us, why are the on field referees giving us decisions that VAR then needs to overturn?

You’d have thought they’d be in on it too surely!!

What exactly is the theory here? That there is a broad conspiracy, amongst all referees, to prejudice against us?
... and for some inexplicable reason, to really favour Fulham, Forest, Villa & Brentford?

I note the three biggest clubs in the league (Man Utd, Arsenal & Liverpool) all also in the minus figures... Who is this corruption supposedly favouring?
Or is it all just hell bent against us, one of the shittest teams the league has ever seen that have been relegated (more or less) since about October...?

We're just terrible.
And VAR extends it's influence way beyond what is reasonable (if "clear and obvious" was properly applied it might be OK).

I don't think it's embarrassing. I think it's the fans way of saying that the PL is set up not for the likes of united but for the biggest and richest clubs to thrive and bring in the best players in the world though a model of billionaire owners and the biggest wages in world football.

You've now also got ridiculous injury times that favour the bigger clubs because their bench if players are much better than ours and again larger blubs can bring on much better players through their superior wage structure with ten minutes plus in injury time. That definitely favours the bigger clubs.

It seems we've had many decisions thay have gone against us this season with or without VAR and Chris wilder himself has said that we don't get enough 50/50 decisions.

You've also got the past history of when we were screwed over in 1994 with Hans Severs and again in 2007 with Tevez because the PL felt sorry for West Ham fans.

I'd say there's quite a lot of reasons why our fans despise the PL and have every reason to believe that we are up against the powers that each time we're in the PL. Corruption might be a tad strong this season but in the past definitely and our fans have long memories.

Last edited:
So the original on field decision was in our favour then…

If there’s some random ‘corruption’ against us, why are the on field referees giving us decisions that VAR then needs to overturn?

You’d have thought they’d be in on it too surely!!
Ive not saying its a conspiracy, just maybe a subliminal leaning to the big teams , Id bet our disallowed 4th v fULHAM would have been given at Anfield or the Etihad, its just strange on tight or in yje line of the goalkeepers sight we tend to look bigger and in the way when others seem invisible

We're just terrible.

I think this is the main problem. If we get a goal chalked off, it's going to be far more damaging to us because we create so little.

Ive not saying its a conspiracy, just maybe a subliminal leaning to the big teams , Id bet our disallowed 4th v fULHAM would have been given at Anfield or the Etihad, its just strange on tight or in yje line of the goalkeepers sight we tend to look bigger and in the way when others seem invisible
But as i said, if VAR is intervening to overturn the on field decisions, then the ‘subliminal leaning’ on the pitch is in our benefit.

Bear in mind the same refs that are on VAR are also on field refs in the premier league.

But as i said, if VAR is intervening to overturn the on field decisions, then the ‘subliminal leaning’ on the pitch is in our benefit.

Bear in mind the same refs that are on VAR are also on field refs in the premier league.
there in lies the bigger problem , the original rules always stated its in the referee s opinion , the man in the middle, now its in a herd of referees opinions
they are finding problems and 50 50 decisions that one will go one one another, and the man on the field is being told what he should think,,,,
as soon as the refs been instructed to look at a video he goes that way , his opinion is over ridden

And yet, the three biggest teams have had more go against them than for them (as evidenced in your table).

the big clubs get in the box more and consequently take more risks as they pour forward so will get more offsides given
we get less VAR decisions against us as we attack a lot less

Is there actually a list of the decisions somewhere, or are we just meant to guess?

Back
Top Bottom