VAR Lines

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We will probably get pumped anyway, but, that's nit the point.
He looked off.

I'm still wondering why they put VAR on for semi final against Coventry, given that it wasn't in use for the earlier rounds.

We will probably get pumped anyway, but, that's nit the point.
He looked off.
I couldn’t tell. Looked tight. But why not stick the lines on and be transparent with the decision. If he’s on by a knobend, show it
I'm still wondering why they put VAR on for semi final against Coventry, given that it wasn't in use for the earlier rounds.
It was used at grounds with var

Looking at the touchline I thought Maguire looked on. Trusty looked closer to the line.

Still would have liked to have seen the proper lines but then I'm not always convinced they use them correctly anyway.

I have less faith in VAR now than when it first came in despite it obviously getting more right than wrong (as it obviously should).

It was used at grounds with var
Shame that cos it ruins the cup (which has been ruined enough already) when they are alternating between using it and not using it in certain games depending on the stadium.

Pretty sure it was when Man U played Wigan in one of the earlier rounds that Bruno Fernandes won a penalty with one of the most blatant dives you could see and Ref just let them have it. The sort of dive that you would hope would have been overturned by VAR if it was in use.

Looking at the touchline I thought Maguire looked on. Trusty looked closer to the line.

Still would have liked to have seen the proper lines but then I'm not always convinced they use them correctly anyway.

I have less faith in VAR now than when it first came in despite it obviously getting more right than wrong (as it obviously should).
Seen a picture going around about Coventry's disallowed winner where they put the lines on and it looks as though it was onside and should have stood.

Seen a picture going around about Coventry's disallowed winner where they put the lines on and it looks as though it was onside and should have stood.
It’ll depend on the perspective of the camera angle - it’s too subjective.

They need to set a standard and say from this camera angle is the angle we use, we draw lines and if it’s a big toe off, it’s off and they rule out every goal.. or allow onfield decisions for offside and only check without lines

I don't pretend to be an expert but I've seen lines at an angle, lines going over a boot instead of in front of it etc.

I'm all for going to daylight between players. There will still be some conjecture but much less of it imho.

I don't pretend to be an expert but I've seen lines at an angle, lines going over a boot instead of in front of it etc.

I'm all for going to daylight between players. There will still be some conjecture but much less of it imho.
Me neither but logically speaking you take out as much subjectivity as possible and be clean / transparent with fans on tv and in the ground

State the procedure and go with that every time - like you say the lines method isn’t consistent but they can improve that

Me neither but logically speaking you take out as much subjectivity as possible and be clean / transparent with fans on tv and in the ground

State the procedure and go with that every time - like you say the lines method isn’t consistent but they can improve that
If we're to persist then I'm for going down the rugby route.

It's maybe telling that football refs don't want to be miked up.

Another reason off-side is f*****d up now.
If an attacker out wide isn't interfering with play, how can a defender be playing him on when he's not affecting the nearest forward player?

Seemed very tight, needed lines. Very strange.
The lines are irrelevant more important is when the ball is played the resolution of the camera all of these things within reason can be adjusted to make a decision with the lines to make marginal decisions go the way of the big clubs . It’s a farce

I think the 'lines' all run parallel to the goal line so the camera angles aren't relevant. However, wasn't VAR introduced to stop glaring errors being made? Penalties/not penalties, but also somebody being a fair bit offside, not just narrowed down to 1cm which I doubt many human eyes would be able to detect in real time. Once it started going down to subjective decisions, the 'phase of play for example, they managed to rewind the match back far enough to catch Lundstram's toe offside at Spurs, down to a pixel but in a previous phase of play, that's when it became obsolete for me and as it has done, likely to cause more errors than it catches. We worked on human eye since the 1890s, now suddenly we need some bellend in a portakabin to referee matches?? It's quite embarrassing as a football chant but there is something in the PLCAF song.

That said, if Forest come down with us after last weekends 6 pointer loss I'll be happy. What struck me about their statements was that they think they are in the PL elite because they won the Champions League (FKA European Cup I know...) 45 years ago.

It's in use everytime a PL team is at home in the Cup.
Coventry had VAR in their Quarters game at Wolves.

I don't agree with it. Should be everybody has it, or nobody has it

Pretty sure it was when Man U played Wigan in one of the earlier rounds that Bruno Fernandes won a penalty with one of the most blatant dives you could see and Ref just let them have it.
That's what makes a mockery of it. If the game was at OT, VAR could overturn it.

Actually saying that, they probably wouldn't have because it's Man U

If it's given onside and var have to start drawing lines, then for me it's not a clear and obvious error and the refs initial call should stand, if var can see it's clearly a wrong call without the need for lines then it should be overturned

Var was introduced in offer to correct any unintentional inconsistency shown by the human failure of referees and assistants.

VAR is used to confirm or deny these inconsistencies, but off field referees are charged with judgements regarding these inconsistencies. It’s like the referee marking his own homework!

It also appears that VAR decisions also suffer From such inconsistencies,because decisions are confirmed or denied by other referees.

VAR seems to be failing in exactly the same way that referees made errors of judgement, which led to some calls for its introduction. Referees are human, and mistakes occur. Now we have a situation where the technology to eradicate such mistakes was introduced, and it is being judged by other referees, who are equally inconsistent when making judgements, supposedly improved by technology?

Scrap it, because it does not do what it was introduced for.

I think the 'lines' all run parallel to the goal line so the camera angles aren't relevant. However, wasn't VAR introduced to stop glaring errors being made? Penalties/not penalties, but also somebody being a fair bit offside, not just narrowed down to 1cm which I doubt many human eyes would be able to detect in real time. Once it started going down to subjective decisions, the 'phase of play for example, they managed to rewind the match back far enough to catch Lundstram's toe offside at Spurs, down to a pixel but in a previous phase of play, that's when it became obsolete for me and as it has done, likely to cause more errors than it catches. We worked on human eye since the 1890s, now suddenly we need some bellend in a portakabin to referee matches?? It's quite embarrassing as a football chant but there is something in the PLCAF song.

That said, if Forest come down with us after last weekends 6 pointer loss I'll be happy. What struck me about their statements was that they think they are in the PL elite because they won the Champions League (FKA European Cup I know...) 45 years ago.
It was sold on the basis of preventing clear and obvious errors which occur onfield.
But even in its infancy, the officials onfield didn't go and check the monitors, they do when they want to overrule a decision, but generally don't when VAR supports the original onfield decision.

It's so inconsistent

G

Where were the lines for their goal? Not shown, am I thinking that the premier league is corrupt as f?
Was there a VAR check on maguires dive and subsequent penalty decision?……if there was I missed it.

Back
Top Bottom