Van Dijk violent conduct

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don’t think it’s a conspiracy against us as such. More the time honoured tradition of favouring the bigger, more powerful clubs.
Let’s be right, if that happens the other way round, Trusty get away with it and we somehow cling onto a draw, Klippety Klopp would spit an egg out of his arse and it will be spoken about ad nauseum on Sky sports / talk shite / football focus etc.
If wilder mentions it, then it is just moaning and sour grapes from a shit manager of a shit team.
There’s an element of not biting the hand feeds along with the officials getting battered by someone who has the ear of the media rather than that ‘bitter old whiny, backwater, dinosaur’.

Guaranteed if it happens the other way round, VAR are all over it like a tramp on a kipper and Trusty is off quicker than you can say ‘he’s not had a bad game today, to say he’s been dog shit most of the season’

Wow, first time I’ve seen the full video. A disgrace that not even a review of the incident by VAR. Not surprised though 😡
It might have been looked at but if they decided there was nothing in it, they wouldn't announce anything.
I believe they check every goal scored but only announce the check if something is questionable.
As always the fans in the ground haven't got a clue what's going on.

There is no conspiracy against Sheffield United. Why not? Because it isn't needed. There is no shady group of men gathering round working on ways to try and ensure that Sheffield United lose to Liverpool. It'd be like Labour deciding to bribe 650 returning officers around the country to try and let Labour win the election - it isn't needed,

Personally speaking (not talking about the laws) I'm not one for seeing red cards for what happened with Hamer and Trusty this week. Plus neither player was remotely hurt.

BUT...what happened to the supposed approach where raising a hand to an opponent's neck or face was seen as an automatic red.

Has the law changed? I'd rather not go down the conspiracy route but I agree in that I wouldn't be confident of say McBurnie getting away with what Bassey and Virgil Van Cunt did.

Because we know it's a red if its a united player on both counts..

We are not wanted in this division, wilders words are true about the ex referee saying "we won't get any decisions" remember, it's What he got the fine for...

We are not wanted in this division, wilders words are true about the ex referee saying "we won't get any decisions" remember, it's What he got the fine for...
No doubt the successful clubs get the rub of the green when it comes to decisions! We go into the game with the ref pre,conditioned to expecting them to win! this influences there mentality regarding the game and errs on the game going that way.How do you change that! humans get influenced by as I say pre-conditions ! My opinion of course .
The van dyk situation should be followed up and questions asked.
Players get sent off for off the ball incidents with video evidence ! Should be reviewed but won't of course.Wilder won't comment as he dunt want to be viewed as a cry baby.Trusty was assaulted.

There is no conspiracy against Sheffield United. Why not? Because it isn't needed. There is no shady group of men gathering round working on ways to try and ensure that Sheffield United lose to Liverpool. It'd be like Labour deciding to bribe 650 returning officers around the country to try and let Labour win the election - it isn't needed,

Labour fixing elections has been in the news recently. Albeit not for that reason.

I don’t think it’s a conspiracy against us as such. More the time honoured tradition of favouring the bigger, more powerful clubs.
If say it's more 'fearing' than favouring.

Referees don't go in thinking they like one side more than the other, but they want to enjoy their post-match sandwich and they don't get that if they annoy Klopp.

Reminds me ( it was a televised match) .Bradford v Blades when Cjloughie was manager,Simon Hooper who was a rookie referee somehow allowed a Bradford player to slam a blade ( scotch lad) to the turf wrestling style.Hooper saw the whole incident but just waved play on amazing really ,he now refs prem matches , ironically the Bradford player was a pig fan forgot his name but definitely a pig.
Just how do they get away with it!!.

Reminds me ( it was a televised match) .Bradford v Blades when Cjloughie was manager,Simon Hooper who was a rookie referee somehow allowed a Bradford player to slam a blade ( scotch lad) to the turf wrestling style.Hooper saw the whole incident but just waved play on amazing really ,he now refs prem matches , ironically the Bradford player was a pig fan forgot his name but definitely a pig.
Stefan Scougall, he made Ben Osborn look like a giant.

Wilder was talking complete bollocks tho and making excuses for poor results. We get plenty of decisions go our way... ask west ham and wolves fans....

If we're honest we have a manager and squad that are way out of their depth

But the term conspiracy would allude to something being secretive. The lack of respect shown towards us this season…is very much out in the open. Many would say we haven’t earned much respect, but the way some pundits have taken such delight in our perilous position…Is quite disturbing.

Got to agree, it's fuck all.. Trusty was either play acting or he's as weak as a kitten to go down from that
Except it's the same 'fuck all' that sees most other players, especially ours, sent off. That's the problem.

the big clubs will say we are just making excuses / moaning again to deflect attention from how bad we have been, but the fact is that VVD should have been sent off for that….not a debate. If the ref missed it VAR should have intervened. It was a shocker. And also 100% if that had been McBurnie he would have been sent off …..remember his ridiculous red card at Spurs earlier this season. I’d love to hear Howard Webb’s explanation for the VVD non decision!

I was at Anfield and I assume VVD's assault was in the second half. I remember seeing a United player going to ground but didn't know who it was. Did the TV coverage look at it and if so what was said about it?

It seems to happen more and more these days prior to corners or free kicks being taken - there's lots of pulling, pushing, blocking etc going on and the referee goes and talks to players and then lets the kick be taken. It's often well nigh impossible to decide who started it - but what do you need to do to be punished for something that happens before the ball is actually in play? I would say VVD (after seeing the video clip) did cross the line in this case.

Scougal was picked up and thrown to the ground, ref 2 yards away with a clear view.

Agree. But it’s more the other way though isn’t it?

Grabbing someone by the throat is a red card offense in the same ilk as raising your hands.

Now maybe at some point the ref decides it’s just handbags but VAR should have been compelled to have a look and explain why it’s not a red. Grabbing someone by the throat is so far out of scope of the normal actions associated with football.

It’s a general level of incompetence that needs correcting.

Why for instance does Van Dyke have the arrogance to think he should be allowed to get away with that?

Happened twice now. Hamer reacted aggressively, Trusty went to ground. Yet in neither case did the letter of the law get executed.

But it’s ok. We can do that in all our remaining games now. We’ve been given the green light that it’s perfectly acceptable!

VVD gets away with fucking murder, as do many of the top teams "stars" every week.

As others have said, no conspiracy against us, just a bias towards the top teams; I honestly can't wait for this season to end, it's fucking disgusting what goes on.

It's a natural bias towards the better teams, most people (including refs) have a sense of natural justice.
You find that if a team is dominant, having attacks and creating chances, then the decisions seem to go their way.
We had the same situation during our league 1 promotion season.

Surprised at the uproar about this. You can’t send him off for that, it’s very soft, more of a slight push

Agree, I suppose technically it could be a red card. If you freeze frame the hands round the neck it looks bad
however using common sense and watching it in real time, it was handbags, with very little real aggression

Recent posts on this forum slag off refs and VAR for not using commons sense and not being in touch with the game
but when they do apply common sense....suprise...surprise....some of our fans don't want common sense to be applied.

Always said such of the problem is the current fashion for scapegoating and blaming others.
Also there's a general trend of having no respect for authority.
Basically whatever decision the ref or VAR makes, they can't win, one set of fans will always feel aggrieved.

Except it's the same 'fuck all' that sees most other players, especially ours, sent off. That's the problem.

True but I don't agree with those sending offs either ...

I can only think of 4 sendings off for us this season, the McBurnie sending off for mouthing at the ref which I dont blame the ref for, but probably wouldn't have been given if it was a Liverpool arsenal, or man city player.

The other three, Mcburnie double yellow for elbowing against burnley in the 5 0 loss, he should have been sent off after the first elbow so you could argue the ref was overly lenient with us. Brewster and Holgate were both definite reds as they could have finished the other players career, all three far worse than the van dijk neck grab

But the term conspiracy would allude to something being secretive. The lack of respect shown towards us this season…is very much out in the open. Many would say we haven’t earned much respect, but the way some pundits have taken such delight in our perilous position…Is quite disturbing.
I think our first season under Wilder in prem dispels that, we were getting plaudits from everywhere, I’m pretty sure only fat twat Samuels was the only constant

I think we are just getting slated because we are particularly bad

I think one thing that’s not been discussed, just referring to the McBurnie comparisons, is where it happened

I’m not defending it all, I just think refs are auto piloted nowadays to think that there are fouls happening on every corner and they also are auto piloted to know the scrutiny that will happen when any pen or sending off is given

The issue as I mentioned before imo is VAR

The McBurnie one was ridiculous, and imo was given due to the status of the team but McBurnie put himself in that spot by committing a letter of the law incident and given how it was away from the box he allowed the ref to have an easy card that wouldn’t be scrutinised

True but I don't agree with those sending offs either
Just want consistency.
If it's ok for one, it's ok for another.
Our playing field is uneven enough as it is (not Shirecliffe btw) , without all this rubbish.
Motd types back it all up, "very clever, he felt a touch and went down" , next minute they are on about falling too easily.
It's all too much about who's in favour.

No not needed Labour just fiddle the postal vote system ;)

There's none so blind as them that cannot see!

I was at Anfield and I assume VVD's assault was in the second half. I remember seeing a United player going to ground but didn't know who it was. Did the TV coverage look at it and if so what was said about it?

It seems to happen more and more these days prior to corners or free kicks being taken - there's lots of pulling, pushing, blocking etc going on and the referee goes and talks to players and then lets the kick be taken. It's often well nigh impossible to decide who started it - but what do you need to do to be punished for something that happens before the ball is actually in play? I would say VVD (after seeing the video clip) did cross the line in this case.
TV showed a replay of him doing it, but that was it. Don't know what var did.
Most of the match after that was a Mac Allister love-in, and praising Liverpool for stepping up under adversity. It's what makes them champions, you know.

Thinking back to the game at Bramall Lane did'nt the Throttler do the same thing to Trusty in that game ?

Back
Top Bottom