Valerian Ismael

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Rocketmark66

Reaction score
This guy has been released of his tenure as Wba manager, I know a few on here reckoned he'd do a good job for us, me too 😳.
His style of play wasn't good to watch in the slightest.
Looks like Bruce is the front runner for the job. Anyone else think would be a bad appointment for them, as I've never rated him, but that's just my opinion.🤷‍♂️

This guy has been released of his tenure as Wba manager, I know a few on here reckoned he'd do a good job for us, me too 😳.
Looks like Bruce is the front runner for the job. Anyone else think would be a bad appointment for them, as I've never rated him, but that's just my opinion.🤷‍♂️

Also a bad appointment for us. We always seem to struggle against Bruce's sides for some reason. Typical if he gets appointed before we play them.

They don’t have a game this weekend, so not impossible they will have someone in place before us. Not surprised to see Ismael sacked, the football was turgid so if the results aren’t there, the writing is on the wall.

Bruce is watching the cricket wherever it’s being played, not available for interview.

That'll be West brom rolling about on the floor, screaming at the slightest touch, conning the ref and emptying the stands at the hawthorns with his "frankenball" style of play..

Also a bad appointment for us. We always seem to struggle against Bruce's sides for some reason. Typical if he gets appointed before we play them.
We didn't struggle against Bruce's Villa at BL in 2018 when we were 3-0 up before half time, even the Villa fans were singing 'You're getting sacked in the morning'. If we had carried on trying after the 4th goal shortly after half time we could have had six or seven that day. Instead we took pity on them and let them have a consolation goal. Bruce did get sacked a few days later.

Time will tell but some moaned about Hecky - would take him 10 time out of 10 against Bruce

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if that nut job turns up as manager back at Oakwell in the next few weeks we may well come up against him again. As for Steve Bruce who gives a toss where he ends up.

They don’t have a game this weekend, so not impossible they will have someone in place before us. Not surprised to see Ismael sacked, the football was turgid so if the results aren’t there, the writing is on the wall.
Personally, thought he may be OK at BDTBL but as you say, crap style plus no results equals a no go for Blades.

Maybe he could return to Barnsley with his tail between his legs and beg forgiveness with the six fingered ones.

We didn't struggle against Bruce's Villa at BL in 2018 when we were 3-0 up before half time, even the Villa fans were singing 'You're getting sacked in the morning'. If we had carried on trying after the 4th goal shortly after half time we could have had six or seven that day. Instead we took pity on them and let them have a consolation goal. Bruce did get sacked a few days later.

That was indeed a great win, one of the best I think I've seen us play. It was though largely an exception.

In 14 games against Bruce the record is:
W2 (Villa 1, Newcastle 1)
D2 (Villa 1, Wed 1)
L10 (Huddersfield 2, Palace 1, Brum 2, Hull 1, Villa 1, Newcastle 3)

Rememebering many of those, we deserved to get a lot more from them. He's certainly had the rub of the green against us!

That was indeed a great win, one of the best I think I've seen us play. It was though largely an exception.

In 14 games against Bruce the record is:
W2 (Villa 1, Newcastle 1)
D2 (Villa 1, Wed 1)
L10 (Huddersfield 2, Palace 1, Brum 2, Hull 1, Villa 1, Newcastle 3)

Rememebering many of those, we deserved to get a lot more from them. He's certainly had the rub of the green against us!

That is an appalling record really. Wonder if anyone can top that for win % against us (let's say minimum 10 games managed against us, otherwise Pep / Klopp etc is a bit unfair). Warnock probably? Steve Coppell?

If Bruce is appointed then he’ll have a fair collection of cities crossed under his belt:
  • Sheffield
  • Birmingham (City, Villa, Baggies)
  • Newcastle and Sunderland

Never a world beater but never fails spectacularly
Also Greater Manchester - Wigan Athletic

That is an appalling record really. Wonder if anyone can top that for win % against us (let's say minimum 10 games managed against us, otherwise Pep / Klopp etc is a bit unfair). Warnock probably? Steve Coppell?
See how it looks after 10 games against Dean Smith.

See how it looks after 10 games against Dean Smith.

Sorry if I'm being whooshed here, but haven't we got a pretty good record against Smith?

If I've got my timings right, we got a win and a draw against his Brentford side under Wilder across two Champ seasons, then DWDLW v Villa in the Champ / PL. He was Walsall manager for a bit but only a few games against us, most of which were draws.

Fraud manager who would be nowhere without Jack Grealish :D

Back
Top Bottom