Updates from Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

TBF he has said 'no rush' which is completely different to 'no more' - probably waiting to see if his preferred options become available towards the end whilst managing supporter expectations.

Why would there be a rush ? you could see last Sunday, we've got some able deputies waiting in the wings ;)

Biggest thing for me there is the insinuation that no-one else is currently lined up, differing from the 'expected 3', and 'hopefully 2 more' after Dowell and Madine.

Was it expected 3? I thought pre-Dowell what was mentioned by Wilder was 1 that was agreed already (Dowell), one that they’re confident of arranging early on in the window (Madine), and one that if it came off might be towards the end of the window and is dependent on other business (?).

Was it expected 3? I thought pre-Dowell what was mentioned by Wilder was 1 that was agreed already (Dowell), one that they’re confident of arranging early on in the window (Madine), and one that if it came off might be towards the end of the window and is dependent on other business (?).

Expected as in 3 were talked about from the off, which then effectively became 4.

Not a dig on my part, just that after openly talking hopeful numbers in recently, the message appears to have changed.

Expected as in 3 were talked about from the off, which then effectively became 4.

Not a dig on my part, just that after openly talking hopeful numbers in recently, the message appears to have changed.

I think we’re probably on course, but then I try and be optimistic on these things. The 2 we planned to get in early we’ve succeeded in doing so. We’re not even halfway through the window yet – a lot can change in terms of players becoming (or no longer as planned being made) available.

So your view would stretch to us signing Nile Ranger and Adam Johnson and getting Barry Bennell in at the academy? As long as they’ve got SUFC branded leisure wear on, its all okay?

I think employing Peados is stretching it a bit don't you? There is a striking difference between someone that has committed GBH and someone that has committed child sex crimes.

But if that fits your agenda then good luck!

Try to be realistic :rolleyes:

I think we’re probably on course, but then I try and be optimistic on these things. The 2 we planned to get in early we’ve succeeded in doing so. We’re not even halfway through the window yet – a lot can change in terms of players becoming (or no longer as planned being made) available.

Yeah, at least Wilder regularly acts early which makes a change from previous years when it's regularly gone to the wire and we've too often been left weaker.

So your view would stretch to us signing Nile Ranger and Adam Johnson and getting Barry Bennell in at the academy? As long as they’ve got SUFC branded leisure wear on, its all okay?

A convicted serial child abuser? Is that really a sensible comment in the context of the debate?

A convicted serial child abuser? Is that really a sensible comment in the context of the debate?

It's not about the act, it's about the principle being expressed, which was "We are supporting the player while wearing the shirt - not the person when he takes it off".

Nicolaus_Copernicus wasn't equating GBH with child abuse, just using another (albeit a sickening and/or very emotive one) to show how the principle expressed by makblade is flawed/naive.

I wouldn't place too much emphasis on what Wilder says about transfers.

Anything can happen.

It's not about the act, it's about the principle being expressed, which was "We are supporting the player while wearing the shirt - not the person when he takes it off".

Nicolaus_Copernicus wasn't equating GBH with child abuse, just using another (albeit a sickening and/or very emotive one) to show how the principle expressed by makblade is flawed/naive.

Exactly. I was stretching the point to it’s extremes.

I'll be surprised if he scores 6 to the end of the season. No way should he displace either Sharp (ever) or McGoldrick whilst he's in good form. With 32 minutes across 5 games (plus injury time) and being taken off after an hour in the cup, Madine is hardly likely to be match fit for a while.

Well I personally think that whilst smacking someone is pretty fucking bad, it doesn't really sit the same as sexual assault and grooming underage girls.

I'm not saying we go out and sign every cunt footballer out there, all I'm suggesting is that we just accept that he's signed and support the shirt.

This is like me cheating on my wife and then expecting unity for the greater good of the family unit.

Wilder has signed the most divisive player imaginable, then shifts the responsibility for unity onto the pissed off fans. If people are not 100% behind Madine, it won't be the fault of the fans that were inevitably going to react this way, it'll be on Wilder.

P.S. Wilder is still the best thing that has ever happened to us regardless of the outcome of this transfer.

I'll be surprised if he scores 6 to the end of the season. No way should he displace either Sharp (ever) or McGoldrick whilst he's in good form. With 32 minutes across 5 games (plus injury time) and being taken off after an hour in the cup, Madine is hardly likely to be match fit for a while.

Agree, my expectation is that Madine will be minor success, mainly sub and sometimes starting home matches when we expect teams to sit deep socking up pressure. Although Wilder has this ability of pulling rabbits out of hats so maybe Madine will perform to a much higher standard than we expect.

I expect Madine to score about 5 goals, which isn’t much, but I do expect his goals will earn us maybe 6 extra points AND those points might make a difference between top 2 and playoffs.

Remember 3 months ago how everyone was saying we desperately needed 1 or maybe 2 high quality strikers to even stand a chance? Let’s be honest the partnership that Sharp and McGoldrick has formed has surprised us all. No one in the wildest dreams thought these 2 could be top end Championship quality.

McCabe has fallen lucky because it appears that we are no longer desperate for high quality strikers, they are hoping Sharp/ McG can continue delivering.

Yes,I am actually fully aware he wasn’t. I thought it was an odd route to go down to make the point. Still do.

ok :rolleyes:

The bloke who Madine chinned who was a Blade, genuine question, has anyone asked what he actually thinks, rather than just assuming?

Not for one minute do I condone going round chinning people, however, I have 2 questions; Did he chin him because he was a Blade? Was the Blade winding him up?

I'm sure there's more to the story than the headline

Six off the bench is worth the money.

It certainly would be.

I'd be surprised, albeit pleasantly, if any of our players, other than Billy, scores 6 goals between now and the end of the season. If anything puts Bill out of the team, I suspect that nobody will manage a further 6 goals in the remaining fixtures.

Would you still think that way if you were one of the ones he'd smacked on West St for being a Blade?

I don't know alot about the situation but I doubt he saw a blade and just attacked out of nowhere, not that I'm defending his actions, but they were probably provoked in some way and shit happens.

Chris Wilder insisted: "The biggest thing for me is that he had the b***s to do it. He could have taken the easy option. But he wanted to come here.

Got to ask yourself why he's so eagar to come here, a club he's previously said he hates. He can't have suddenly fallen in love with us. Could it be more to do with him not enjoying being a fringe player and not being the centre of attention? Or missing going out with his mates in Sheffield?

Maybe because we're a top 6 side that play exciting attacking football, get plenty of good chances into the box, need a new and different style striker and have a space for him on the bench, or potentially displacing Goldy if he plays well.

Reactions: FYT

Not for one minute do I condone going round chinning people, however, I have 2 questions; Did he chin him because he was a Blade? Was the Blade winding him up?

I'm sure there's more to the story than the headline

I think the jury accepted the victims allegation that madine said "who do you you support?" And when the victim said United, Madine punched him.

Back
Top Bottom