Unlucky shirts

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Updated for the end of the season and after its final appearance in the 4-0 defeat at Spurs the green shirt is officially done with an unwanted 100% record. However, this season's red and white shirt's record improves dramatically with the late season victories over Brighton, Everton and Burnley.

PldWDLWin %PPG
2020/21 Home (white/red)21
6​
1​
14​
28.6%​
0.905​
2020/21 Away (pink)11
1​
1​
9​
9.1%​
0.364​
2010/11 Away (black/red)6
0​
1​
5​
0.0%​
0.167​
2006/07 Away (black/white)7
0​
1​
6​
0.0%​
0.143​
2020/21 Third (green)6
0​
0​
6​
0.0%​
0.000​

BRB putting my green away shirt in a box and burying it in the garden.

Updated for the end of the season and after its final appearance in the 4-0 defeat at Spurs the green shirt is officially done with an unwanted 100% record. However, this season's red and white shirt's record improves dramatically with the late season victories over Brighton, Everton and Burnley.

PldWDLWin %PPG
6​
1​
14​
28.6%​
0.905​
2020/21 Away (pink)11
1​
1​
9​
9.1%​
0.364​
0​
1​
5​
0.0%​
0.167​
0​
1​
6​
0.0%​
0.143​
2020/21 Third (green)6
0​
0​
6​
0.0%​
0.000​
You should do a "Lucky Shirt" thread. The 2016/17 away shirt.

Our 6 defeats that season were:

Bolton (a) - Home shirt
Southend (h)
Millwall (a) - Home Shirt
Walsall (h)
Walsall (a) - One-Off Lime Green Shirt
Fleetwood (h)

We did however lose to Bolton in the FA Cup wearing it - the shirts only defeat.

I've refused to buy any of this season's shirts and classed the entire season a write off.

I've refused to buy any of this season's shirts and classed the entire season a write off.

I bought the short sleeved GK kit before the season started, and ordered the green kit when it came out, which again, I think was before the season started(?)

Waste of money, never wearing the bastards.

Edit: just checked, GK in August, green kit in November. Probably should have cancelled the green one but had no idea we were going to be so shite when I ordered the GK one.

Bolton (a) - Home shirt
Southend (h)
Walsall (h)
Fleetwood (h)

We did however lose to Bolton in the FA Cup wearing it - the shirts only defeat.
Bloody Walsall

Bolton (a) - Home shirt
Southend (h)
Walsall (h)
Fleetwood (h)

You got a picture of the one off lime green shirt?

The grey shirt.
Won 0
Drew 0
Lost 0

Terrible record.

Up there with the white third kit from 17/18, but not the white one we actually played in, the completely different white one that we sold in the club shop for a week for no apparent reason.

Played 0
Won 0
Drew 0
Lost 0

Up there with the white third kit from 17/18, but not the white one we actually played in, the completely different white one that we sold in the club shop for a week for no apparent reason.

Played 0
Won 0
Drew 0
Lost 0

That was a GK shirt.

Wish i'd have bought it now though. That's gonna be a Unicorn shirt in years to come

1623320384882.png

The shirt in the last promotion season was one of our worst home shirts ever.. it’s not the shirts it who’s wearing them.

PldWDLWin %PPG
6​
1​
14​
28.6%​
0.905​
2020/21 Away (pink)11
1​
1​
9​
9.1%​
0.364​
0​
1​
5​
0.0%​
0.167​
0​
1​
6​
0.0%​
0.143​
2020/21 Third (green)6
0​
0​
6​
0.0%​
0.000​
Didn’t we win at least two in pink (Man Utd, Bristol R) and draw at least two (Burnley, Brighton)?

Are we really saying the colour of the shirt the team plays in makes a difference to how they play ?

I would think the only way that could happen is if they put the whole team in referee shirts and gave them all a whistle each..... 🙄

Having said that I do wonder with all these different coloured shirts every season, if the players some times forget who's on their side ...;).

Dragging this one up as I have a feeling we'll have some new challengers for bottom spot this season...

1701270395097.png

I don't know how many times we'll wear that grey/red abomination but it gets a special mention for a combination of being crap and having a 0-5 defeat in its only outing.

Dragging this one up as I have a feeling we'll have some new challengers for bottom spot this season...

View attachment 175346

I don't know how many times we'll wear that grey/red abomination but it gets a special mention for a combination of being crap and having a 0-5 defeat in its only outing.
It shouldn’t have been worn at Arsenal TBH.
We could’ve worn all yellow with no clash.

Wearing the white meant we had to wear random red socks because the grey clashed with white.

We’ll probably see it at Wolves and, at a push Luton.
No reason to use it anywhere else

My favourite shirt is my luminous yellow from the Basset promotion. I wore it a leicester but the next season decided it was unlucky (palace, spurs, man utd, and home games too) so i retired it. Until the Palace play off 97. Then again until Cardiff 2003. Surely the curse was lifted? Huddersfield play off final. The last time was the City game at Wembley, strange things happen yes? Wrong. It is now on a hanger never to grace my shoulders again at a match.

Back
Top Bottom