United & Wednesday Call Joint Press Conference For Tomorrow Morning....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Are they the final designs/placements for the sponsors on the shirts? They look like they've been done by a seven year old and an iron on transfer....

I thought the same thing. The VW logo looks like it's at belly button height.

Understand what you're saying and accept that a significant amount of money will get anything done - especially when one chairman is only in it for the profit and the other is looking for a way out.

But a merged club playing out of Don Valley...? Personally that'd be it for me and probably a lot of other fans. It makes commercial sense on paper, but the whole point of a merger would be to get all the football fans in Sheffield behind a single club and the merger would alienate a large proportion of the fanbase of both clubs at a stroke.

What would the odds be (if a merger took place) that enough fans said "Bugger this, I'm off to watch Sheffield FC" and they actually became bigger than the merged club?

I always thought that the best way for any merger would be a 3 way merger between United, Wednesday and Sheffield FC, name the new club Sheffield FC and thus have the great marketing ploy as "the oldest club in the world".

The Westfield Logo is unreadable, and the gilders one, the name and logo are way too far apart!

To me that picture looks like its been photoshopped to have the logos on.

On the merger front I've said it before and just like Josetin Flo says I'd be done personally, I'm a Blade, not half of one half of the other.

From the press conference:

scaled.php

Agree. We're presumably not exactly overwhelmed with company's desperate to associate their brand with us anymore. If by doubling the potential customer base attracts sponsors in as a joint venture it's a half-a-steak at Zacs-better-than-no-steak-at-all scenario.

Amended, just for Bladesway.

Why are people disappointed that we've got the same sponsor as Weds? Does it matter? IMO the only thing we need to do is get the Gilders Group text closer to the VW badge !

"Players from both clubs modelled the four kits at the unique launch which was attended by club ambassadors Tony Currie and David Hirst, plus representatives from both clubs, sponsors and guests from business and sport".

Bet that was an interesting conversation.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

Why are people disappointed that we've got the same sponsor as Weds? Does it matter? IMO the only thing we need to do is get the Gilders Group text closer to the VW badge !

I take it,it is just VW then not Audi involvement?

Cheers for posting link Blade58.

A few questions for any willing to answer.

Is it the first in Britain though?

Don't Celtic and Rangers share the same sponsorship? Or is it the first because it's 2 companies sponsoring rival teams?

That's what i took it to mean, plus the whole home/away thing.

Is it me or should the wording of Gilder Group be a bit closer to the VW badge :eek:

No, read other posts first

I think we've got the luck of the draw here. The gilders badge looks terrible on stripes.

scaled.php

Does it look like the westfield health logo is integrated into the shirt or is it a transfer?

The gilders badge is clearly a transfer on the grunters shirt and it looks awful, like something straight out of the 80's

I wonder how Volkswagen feel having their name/logo associated with two tin pot clubs? It wouldn't surprise me if it ends up just saying "Gilder Group" without any manufacturer association. Do Gilders have any other franchises apart from VW/Audi?

"You've gotta fight......................."

Attachments

• mcboulangerieqlvwtzs4.jpg
    mcboulangerieqlvwtzs4.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 139
I dunno, placement of the sponsors still looks 'off' to me... they're a bit too far down the shirt.

I still hanker for the days when all you had on shirts was a club badge - none of this sponsors name and kit manufacturers logo all over the place. In them days, they were footballers not racing drivers/advertising billboards.

Of course, I may as well call for the restoration of the Holy Roman Empire...

I still hanker for the days when all you had on shirts was a club badge - none of this sponsors name and kit manufacturers logo all over the place. In them days, they were footballers not racing drivers/advertising billboards.

Of course, I may as well call for the restoration of the Holy Roman Empire...

I quite like the south american and scandinavian leagues, where the kit seems to be plastered with them

I quite like the south american and scandinavian leagues, where the kit seems to be plastered with them

Did you know that in the 70's Spurs would not have adverts in their programme as they thought it lowered the tone. It's mentioned in Hunter Davies' "The Glory Game" about Spurs' 71-72 season (United get a mention in the book as causing an intake of breath at a Spurs game early in the season following the announcment of another SUFC victory keeping them top of the League).

You should look at some of the kits umbro make for the peruvian league - beautiful.

I would like our home to be like wednesdays but obviously red and white, i do like a good collar on a footy shirt. bring back collars, and a cheeky button and id defo buy a blades shirt.

Not a prayer of me buying the away kit now ;-( . Take a look at it on our OS and the VW badge is blue and white. Blue and white on a Blades shirt ?!?!?!?!?!? looks more like it belongs to the dark side.

Not a prayer of me buying the away kit now ;-( . Take a look at it on our OS and the VW badge is blue and white. Blue and white on a Blades shirt ?!?!?!?!?!? looks more like it belongs to the dark side.

The HFS Loans logo was blue and white. The second season that was on the shirt didn't turn out too badly, did it? ;)

Cant you people see whats happening? First a piggy manager, now a piggy sponsor...

images

They're here already! You're next! You're next, You're next...!

As long as the Gilders VW logo isn't blue and white when it's on our away kit!

Sneaky piglet...

next time read the f thread before posting

Back
Top Bottom