United 0 Coventry 0 - report

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I assume you mean Ireland. I'm not really interested how he plays for his country. I'm bothered how he does for us and most of the season he has not been able to offer the leadership and solidity we need.
My bad, I did mean Ireland, I just think he is better than some of your ratings, he needs help at the back, Davies isn't the answer, Bash (yesterday) was part of the answer.

Totally agree.

We now play Reading, Bristol City, Cardiff...all below us and should in theory offer some points for us?

I don't see anything more than maybe a single point v Bristol City at best though.

I think we will then be 4th or 5th bottom and be only a point or two above the drop zone looking at teams of other fixtures next few weeks. How bad that I'm looking who Peterborough and Hill face? It's embarrassing.

He might have to get a win v QPR if above transpires to save his job with an inevitable stuffing at his old club Fulham away to come after that in all likelihood but will he even get to that?

I predict that they will mutually part ways with Jokanovic before Xmas.

Expect Hecky in charge for the rest of the season as we can't afford to bring anyone else in if still paying Slav.

You heard it here first. A depressing prediction for the next month.

I'm not advocating getting rid of him as not sure that is close to the answer but results and unrest on the terraces will see it probably happening if the trend of the last 4 or 5 performances and results continues for the next 4 or 5 and I see nothing to suggest it won't carry on like this.

Results and the genuine prospect of relegation which I thought would be nowhere near close to happening will mean they club will have to act. Sadly they can't sack the set of useless tossers on the pitch so the manager normally carries the can.

We only have Berge to come back so it's not like before January anyone is going to change anything?

Oh to show some fight like Derby just have. Who incidentally would be above us if it was not the points deduction.

God I'm living up to my miserable reputation but hard to be positive. Hope I come back to the post just before Xmas and we have win a few and Slav is still here but I'd be more surprised if that happens.

The players that took us out of League One taking us back there would be quite something

everyone is slaging off Egan but if you look at the stats Coventry never looked like scorring and barely got into our penality area
It was not very exciting but it was hard fought and i think it was actually 2pts lost

Totally agree.

We now play Reading, Bristol City, Cardiff...all below us and should in theory offer some points for us?

I don't see anything more than maybe a single point v Bristol City at best though.

I think we will then be 4th or 5th bottom and be only a point or two above the drop zone looking at teams of other fixtures next few weeks. How bad that I'm looking who Peterborough and Hill face? It's embarrassing.

He might have to get a win v QPR if above transpires to save his job with an inevitable stuffing at his old club Fulham away to come after that in all likelihood but will he even get to that?

Expect Hecky in charge for the rest of the season as we can't afford to bring anyone else in if still paying Slav.

I'm not advocating getting rid of him as not sure that is close to the answer but results and unrest on the terraces will see it probably happening if the trend of the last 4 or 5 performances and results continues for the next 4 or 5 and I see nothing to suggest it won't carry on like this.

Results and the genuine prospect of relegation which I thought would be nowhere near close to happening will mean they club will have to act. Sadly they can't sack the set of useless tossers on the pitch so the manager normally carries the can.

We only have Berge to come back so it's not like before January anyone is going to change anything?

Oh to show some fight like Derby just have. Who incidentally would be above us if it was not the points deduction.

God I'm living up to my miserable reputation but hard to be positive. Hope I come back to the post just before Xmas and we have win a few and Slav is still here but I'd be more surprised if that happens.
I share your concerns but thats more to do with SJ abandoning his principles and going back to the dreaded 3-5-2. Yesterday proved we can't play 3-5-2 and win games. We may get 3 0-0 draws from the next 3 and create nothing but some will be delighted with that because the system of old has been reborn. Three times this season we've gone with 3-5-2 and only scored 1 goal. Two 0-0 draws' yesterday and Luton away and a loss, Udders at Home. The warning signs are there after yesterdays ineffective display.

As for the view lets keep 3-5-2 till the JTW, buy some wingers then play 4-2-3-1 thats just not going to happen with this set of players as they've proved they are incapable of adapting.

Sacking SJ and replacing him with PH is the nightmare scenario. No funds for new players and League 1 beckons. The re writing of history regarding PH's brief 11 games amongst some of our fans is bad enough but the Board actually believe losing 8 games out of 11 was a success also!! It is that mentality that will take us down.

We just have to hope something clicks over the next few games but while ever he dallies with 3-5-2 and doesn't change the midfield, the real source of our problems, I fear we will struggle.

I share your concerns but thats more to do with SJ abandoning his principles and going back to the dreaded 3-5-2. Yesterday proved we can't play 3-5-2 and win games. We may get 3 0-0 draws from the next 3 and create nothing but some will be delighted with that because the system of old has been reborn. Three times this season we've gone with 3-5-2 and only scored 1 goal. Two 0-0 draws' yesterday and Luton away and a loss, Udders at Home. The warning signs are there after yesterdays ineffective display.

As for the view lets keep 3-5-2 till the JTW, buy some wingers then play 4-2-3-1 thats just not going to happen with this set of players as they've proved they are incapable of adapting.

Sacking SJ and replacing him with PH is the nightmare scenario. No funds for new players and League 1 beckons. The re writing of history regarding PH's brief 11 games amongst some of our fans is bad enough but the Board actually believe losing 8 games out of 11 was a success also!! It is that mentality that will take us down.

We just have to hope something clicks over the next few games but while ever he dallies with 3-5-2 and doesn't change the midfield, the real source of our problems, I fear we will struggle.

I actually fully agree to most of your points but if we keep losing, the unrest will grow and it is normally the manager that carries the can. We know the problems are a lot deeper of course.

This notion we sign two wingers and it all changes I am not sure I subscribe to.

There are holes and weaknesses all over this side. I'd say other than Basham and Gibbs White, you could rotate the rest of the squad around and see little difference. We need almost a whole new side to achieve his way of playing. That is not going to happen in one window.

I do think you are right we may ship goals but may win the odd one playing the way we were. Playing like yesterday and we won't have many attacks let alone goals but of course may defend better. I am not sure it was hugely exciting even before yesterday. Take away the Peterboro game and we have been abysmal to average almost every game including the other three we won.

I share your concerns but thats more to do with SJ abandoning his principles and going back to the dreaded 3-5-2. Yesterday proved we can't play 3-5-2 and win games.

I did wonder if part of the reversion to 3-5-2 might have been pre-JTW politicking with the board. “I can’t play the style of football I’d promised I’d bring to the club with these players, and I have been forced back into a system that failed accordingly”, etc.

I could well be reading too much into it.

Totally agree.

That's a very depressing read Deadbat, but I've got to agree with you in every point, having watched the Blades for over 50 odd years and been disappointed before I cannot question anything about your post, just hoping your wrong! But it seems I'm reliving history again.

almost a whole new side to achieve his way of playing

and that one phrase is what some of us have seen for a while now. It's a recurring theme.

SJ NEEDS different/new players to get anywhere near to being able to play tippy tappy football and out play the opposition and WIN games.

We've out possessed every single team this year bar Swansea away and it has got us absolutely nowhere with the existing squad. As you alluded to - the squad could rotate all positions and we'd still end up out possessing every other team and the other team will still be more effective with their game plan and possession.

Are we in a position to back Slav to go and get/find and more importantly persuade 5/6 or even 7 players to come in and play for us - it's doubtful for me.

We live in hope and move on to Reading...............................for more of the same.

Our season is moving from disappointing to depressing.

UTB

I think a number of people are being hard on Egan. I thought that on the whole he had a solid game. He let the lad whose name I can’t spell get past him once, and was rightly booked for the subsequent foul, but did a good job on him generally otherwise.

Thanks to Mark Robins for handing us the initiative with his substitution. Brave, but backfired. A number of players, most notably Hourihane, stepped up after that because of the extra space.

Well done Wes - much better than I expected. A performance that exuded confidence. Others who were hiding - Bogle, Davis most notably - should take note.

The match up of Sharp and Ndiaye re their giants did not work at all so kudos to Slav for the change - Didzy provided a much needed foothold up there. Of course he can’t score for toffee.

I would have liked to have seen another forward on (not Burke) when we were in the ascendancy.

Stevens was wretched again. Davis hides and his passing was awful. Like Olsen he’s another one who wants it easier than it is.

I hope that display at least stops all this nonsense about its Slavs fault for playing an unfamiliar system. It’s the players. Too many cowards. Too many losers. Not all of them, but too many.

thought it was amusing that after weeks of wretched Norwood set pieces we win only one corner when he’s not there.

I still think we won’t go down but that assumes some of these players buck their ideas up, and I’m not holding my breath for that.

Meanwhile, of our PL signings:

Berge, Mousset injured/unfit
McBurnie isolating (is he too stupid to get vaccinated?)
Burke, Robinson, Freeman, Brewster on the bench and unused
Osborn gets 10 mins.

That’s a quality transfer strategy.

Totally agree.

Well done with that prediction.
Nightmare has just worsened for us all.

Well done with that prediction.
Nightmare has just worsened for us all.

It was hardly an eye popping prediction! We all saw it coming I think.

I did not get the right us giving Hecky a 28 year contract though.

Back
Top Bottom