U18s

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Always nice to get one over the truffle snufflers. Their defeated little piglets will be squealing this weekend.

No Beattie, havenhand, giggs or George Dickinson - seems the injury curse runs deep

Full marks to Havenhand for watching.
Mind you so did Jack Lester, cue ‘there’s no one better..’ and full marks as sets the tone for the young lads.

Is he still tall, skinny and cannot control his feet

Not seen anything about the u18s v Swansea City PDL Cup match yesterday. Lost 3-0 .. report here…

I couldn't make the game. But, it was switched on the morning from man made climate change waterlogged Shirecliffe to Warminster Road. And, unusually for a competitive U18 match, played on plastic.

The intel the Carrier Bag Firm received was that the rules allowed Utd to play it on plastic because it's a "minor" Cup competition.

I hear it was certainly a makeshift arrangement. One of the CBF tells me he had to shuffle around once he realised he was sitting on Swansea's bench 🤓

Young looking lineup.
3-3 after 88 minutes (Francis, Christie-Crainie and Haughton-Pariss).

Not doing as well this year, are they?

That said as many remind us, it’s as well have no a team that doesn’t do much if they have the odd outstanding player who goes on to make it.

Is that English?
You have to add your own punctuation to make it make sense. It’s like a riddle!

What I meant was; as a team the u18s appear not to be doing as well this year in contrast to prior years. However, it’s not always about the team performing well as a whole. If the team is average but has the odd outstanding player, then that can sometimes be better than a good overall youth team, that fails to produce outstanding players.

As we know it’s very hard to make it as a pro.

That team has Billy Blacker who has already been on the first team bench, albeit perhaps due to decimated numbers.

You have to add your own punctuation to make it make sense. It’s like a riddle!

What I meant was; as a team the u18s appear not to be doing as well this year in contrast to prior years. However, it’s not always about the team performing well as a whole. If the team is average but has the odd outstanding player, then that can sometimes be better than a good overall youth team, that fails to produce outstanding players.

As we know it’s very hard to make it as a pro.

That team has Billy Blacker who has already been on the first team bench, albeit perhaps due to decimated numbers.
That makes much better sense. P.s. I don't understand punctuation either

Not enough Dave’s or Gary’s in the U18’s for not linking. 🇬🇧🇬🇧

Any background on Sidibe?

Been a handful of Sidibe in English football. Originally an African name but wonder if he’s a local lad with African heritage or if he could be another Iliman, born overseas and making a go of it here?

Made a good start, scored in no time!

Forgive my initial laziness.

Family over from Spain and was recommended by FURD:

Any background on Sidibe?

Been a handful of Sidibe in English football. Originally an African name but wonder if he’s a local lad with African heritage or if he could be another Iliman, born overseas and making a go of it here?

Made a good start, scored in no time!

Forgive my initial laziness.

Family over from Spain and was recommended by FURD:

Not Mamadys son then?

Back
Top Bottom