Tufty's Contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Tony

"Eacha heart out ya bums"
Reaction score
Wonder if he's been given assurances about transfer money guarantees. Can't see him signing if he hadn't been told something. Money talks in this League and in the last 4 seasons WHU have spent nearly 1/4 billion quid on players.

Thought the same when I heard the news yesterday. He must have been given certain assurances around levels of backing.

We don't know for sure, but I took the new contract as a very good piece of news both in that CW is probably here to stay for a good while yet, and the money that he has probably been promised.

If we do intend to back CW with serious money (by our standards) then that is fair play to our board.

His interview suggests he’s got some short and medium term assurances. I’m sure he has been very specific about what he wants and needs going forward though.

If anything, it will secure us a handsome package if someone comes poaching him in the summer. Good work by the club.

Wonder if he's been given assurances about transfer money guarantees. Can't see him signing if he hadn't been told something. Money talks in this League and in the last 4 seasons WHU have spent nearly 1/4 billion quid on players.

Which would point to money being mute.

Wonder if we would be selling our best players just now to fund any transfer moves, if Mr McCabe was in charge ?.....:tumbleweed:

I’m sure that question was put to him on the football heaven link someone posted. He dodged it with non- commital laugh.
Wilder is playing his cards very close to his chest, on all fronts. JTW, player contracts, wage structure, ground and training improvements. He has a finger in lots of pies right now, and it’s a fascinating challenge for him, the squad and the board.
Looking forward to the Arsenal game. Normally I would be happy with a draw, away to a top six level team. Wilder has raised expectations.

Not necessarily.

He’s been offered a guaranteed income for the next 4.5 years whatever happens. That’s a good enough deal in itself.

How could they have guaranteed him transfer money fees when we don’t even know what division we will be in during that period?

I love your optimism but you’re reading far too much into it. This is about securing Wilder’s services, nothing to do with transfer budgets.

That takes him to 8 years with us.

About time United.

Let's hope it's much, much longer.

Whatever salary he is on now it's fully earned , he has created such value from nothing.

There's an extra one year option to extend it too.👍👍👍👍

Pinch of salt, I know, but yesterday's Mirror has him on "over £50k pw" 😱

Just a coincidence that the Prince and his board members have been spotted looking at land this weekend I guess..

I hope there is a rather large plot of land somewhere near there otherwise somebody is having their houses flattened:oops:

Could be of course that the architect, designer or similar is getting a visit to discuss.

Money talks in this League and in the last 4 seasons WHU have spent nearly 1/4 billion quid on players.

And ended up with serial flop Moyes as manager.

All this talk of 'new manager bounce' is crap. It's 'new manager bounce back' where previous incumbents at Watford, Arsenal, Everton, West Ham etc. have wasted vast sums and a new bloke could hardly fail to improve things.

Still, the 'Moyes Magic' has beguilded the pundits - they've beaten Bournemouth at home and Gillingham in the Cup before we put them in their place. I blame Bill Kenwright...

Back
Top Bottom