Trusty Rusty

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think Trusty would work better in a back four with a competent left back alongside him. Anel is a disorganised shambles of a player, we've had endless problems at left back and Bogle in place of Baldock is another defensive shambles. That's left only Jack and Trusty to do a job until Holgate arrived. I'm not surprised Trusty's confidence is shot and I'm amazed Jack has still got any fight left in him.

If Holgate can be depended on then I'd rather see Osborn at left back, Holgate and Robinson at centre back and Slimane at right back until Baldock returns. At least he plays there for his country. The back three doesn't work anymore. Why play a defender who's a shambles and one with no confidence alongside Robinson, when we could play just one instead? Osborn isn't a bad option at left back and we can't keep letting Bogle make error after error.
I’ve read this Slimane at right back on a couple of occasions now. Is this genuine? He appears to me to be relatively slow which is somewhat contrary to what you need from a modern full-back, never mind wing-back.

Now forgive my flippancy but that might be ok against a bunch of goat herders in the Afcon qualifiers but I’d imagine he’d get ripped to shreds in any decent league.

But you are fair with Anel. For that central role you want a McGrath, a Craig short, an organiser and reader of the game. Anel is quite the opposite. He’s often reactive and even in the Championship it was his tall physique which rescues situations else it was him having to take a yellow to compensate.

I’d prefer Robbo there.

But then again, I’d prefer Robbo on the left of three too, so there lies the rub!

He's looking more and more like a bomb scare every time he plays dunno what's happened to him

Scary how bad a player of this fee and apparent “pedigree” can be

Forest looking for £ 50 million for Morgan Gibbs-White.

£5/10/20 million in the PL is chicken feed these days, then you have the wages that the likes of MGW demand.

The PL is a level of mega money crazy.

When players don't mark up at corners, don't tackle properly or allow crosses to come in you cannot blame the manager. Why was the player left alone to have an unchallenged header for the first, goal, powder puff challenge by Norwood for the second and nobody bloccking the chipped cross for the third. It is mental and physical tiredness that costs us. We had three players down with cramp, subs made because players were spent. Good job we had three weeks off. Our training and medical record needs sorting.
Both players and coaching staff are to blame. Players who have made mistakes, switch off or lose their positioning. We have had lots of that.
Wilder and Co are to blame for poor substitutions and for not drilling the defense.

I said last night I’d no longer be in the ‘wilder in’ camp if putting trusty out on the left led to another arsenal first half clusterfuck.

Very impressed that he put his money where his mouth is, put his faith in a player lacking on confidence and backed his own judgement.

Trusty was great last night, delighted to be proven wrong. Especially because when I saw the team sheet I wondered if we were in for a night that might lead to Chris not even being in charge for next season.

The last time I saw a timesheet and thought ‘Christ I hope he knows what he’s doing cus that looks like tactical suicide’ was when he started Andre Brooks in a 2 against villa at home, which obviously panned out as horrifically as we were worried it would do.

Impressed by a fantastic piece of management in such a difficult situation last night.

Thought he did OK today but yeah, don't give him the ball when in possession.

He was decent today playing out of position. Was good against Liverpool in the same role, deserves some credit after that awful spell.

I disagree, he was ok today and will be a real asset next season

Can't see anything in him other than he gets about the pitch well. He's poor in possession and much worse at the basics of defending like how to jockey an opponent (their second goal) and overall awareness. For a big fella he's not particularly good in the air or fast neither.

I just can't see an attribute to his game to make me consider he'd be better in another position.

He is a good championship defender, just like a lot of our squad, it's a big step up and he has struggled. Still young and maybe a season with a solid defensive unit together in championship would allow us to move up again with players who have a regular position and know how to work with each other

Can't see anything in him other than he gets about the pitch well. He's poor in possession and much worse at the basics of defending like how to jockey an opponent (their second goal) and overall awareness. For a big fella he's not particularly good in the air or fast neither.

Oh, was it Trusty that showed Madueke inside rather than pushing him wide? I couldn't work out who it was (despite being right behind the line of the run, my bins aren't the greatest) and that seemed to be more of a reason for the goal than anything Grbic did who for me just got thrown under the bus as a result of the line in front of him

He’s being played out of position. Next season we will sign a lwb or 2 and he will have a good chance to battle it out for the left side centre half spot.

Oh, was it Trusty that showed Madueke inside rather than pushing him wide? I couldn't work out who it was (despite being right behind the line of the run, my bins aren't the greatest) and that seemed to be more of a reason for the goal than anything Grbic did who for me just got thrown under the bus as a result of the line in front of him
You've obviously not seen a replay of the goal, Grbic comical again

You've obviously not seen a replay of the goal, Grbic comical again
Not yet, true, but he shouldn't need to be dealing with that good a chance, from where I was sat he just sold out for the obvious side that he'd expect Madueke to shoot towards, i.e. gambled and lost

Not yet, true, but he shouldn't need to be dealing with that good a chance, from where I was sat he just sold out for the obvious side that he'd expect Madueke to shoot towards, i.e. gambled and lost
He gambles and loses every week

Back
Top Bottom