Transfer Window Rating

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What rating would you give our transfer window?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

5 so far because we’ve picked up a couple of really good players but still have a big creativity issue. If we get a couple in up the top of the pitch it could be a very good window on paper
5 also for the same reasons already posted above.

It's very early days but I can't see how people are giving high ratings so far.

Up top we've lost McGoldrick, Mousset and Gibbs-White and haven't replaced any of them.

In midfield we've brought a couple of youngsters in, in Doyle and Coulibaly (who is probably only effectively only on trial). This is no bad thing but it probably won't strengthen the starting midfield, and if (when) Berge goes it's weaker.

At the back Ahmedhodzic is hopefully an upgrade on Uremovic, but would have to displace Basham. And I can't see Clark being any better than Davies.

I still think we'll be fine as we don't look to be in a rush to sell any of our best players, and we have some very good ones coming back from injury. But the first XI hasn't been strengthened anywhere has it?
Top man an all that, but take away the romance around Goldie and sorry to say but it’s no big loss due to an unnerving ability to miss chances - last season 33 shots, 10 on target 2 goals. For a professional striker that’s pretty shit.

If Mousse could finish as many 90 minutes as he does kebabs he could be lethal, but I think it’s obvious from wherever he’s been he just goes through the motions

MGW on the other hand, big loss.

However Doyle who is only 21 months younger arguably has better pedigree - without the benefit of hindsight if someone asked you whether you would want a 20yr old prospect from Wolves or Man City where would you go?

Agree on defence

Keep Berge & Egan
Add a decent striker

I reckon we could go with that

Top man an all that, but take away the romance around Goldie and sorry to say but it’s no big loss due to an unnerving ability to miss chances - last season 33 shots, 10 on target 2 goals. For a professional striker that’s pretty shit.

If Mousse could finish as many 90 minutes as he does kebabs he could be lethal, but I think it’s obvious from wherever he’s been he just goes through the motions

MGW on the other hand, big loss.

However Doyle who is only 21 months younger arguably has better pedigree - without the benefit of hindsight if someone asked you whether you would want a 20yr old prospect from Wolves or Man City where would you go?

Agree on defence

Keep Berge & Egan
Add a decent striker

I reckon we could go with that
I don't disagree with any of that but from a sheer numbers point of view it leaves us weaker up front. We already ended the season with no fit forwards due to injuries and now we're even more thin on the ground.

As I say, if we don't sell anyone then I think we're fine. Promotion contenders in fact. I just don't think it can be said to be a 7+/10 transfer window if the starting XI has got weaker.

I also suspect it's likely to get weaker still, rather than stronger before the window closes, but that's just conjecture.

Back
Top Bottom