Tough weekend ahead

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Awful news and such a shame this weekend couldn't have been more joyful, see you Sunday R.

J

Would be a nice gesture if utd put it on the big screen on 23 mins for a minutes applause I for one would join in and I'm sure many many other blades too .
UTB NBM

This is a very tragic case and my heart goes out to the family, but I am not in favour of having a minute's applause during a game for such things. I think it's something that has crept into the game that is neither helpful to the game or fully respectful to the family involved.

If we want to pay our respects then do it properly. Have it on the screen at half-time, have an announcement read out. Maybe the club can show us a nice photo of the person as well? I'd like that and I'd show my respects for that. But I'm sick of all these random interruptions to the game on a certain minute, when folks start clapping and we've no idea the majority of time what the hell we are supposed to be clapping for. It's also disruptive to the players.

Plenty of time to show respects, properly, during the half-time period imo.

My sincere condolences mate to you and your family. ☹️

This is a very tragic case and my heart goes out to the family, but I am not in favour of having a minute's applause during a game for such things. I think it's something that has crept into the game that is neither helpful to the game or fully respectful to the family involved.

If we want to pay our respects then do it properly. Have it on the screen at half-time, have an announcement read out. Maybe the club can show us a nice photo of the person as well? I'd like that and I'd show my respects for that. But I'm sick of all these random interruptions to the game on a certain minute, when folks start clapping and we've no idea the majority of time what the hell we are supposed to be clapping for. It's also disruptive to the players.

will have to agree to disagree on this one CB
UTB NBM

Condolences for you loss, I'm sure he will still be watching!

Apparently now that we’re in the prem it’s not possible to put messages or photographs up on the big screen due to contractual obligations. I’m honestly happy with the tribute in the programme as it is something I can keep.

Terribly sad story. Memories can never be taken and I’m sure you have plenty of good ones. RIP.

Apparently now that we’re in the prem it’s not possible to put messages or photographs up on the big screen due to contractual obligations. I’m honestly happy with the tribute in the programme as it is something I can keep.
Ok pal pity , I thought I would have been nice really glad for you and your family and friends that you will have the programme I will have a thought for the lad though on 23 mins as a little tribute .
UTB NBM

I got to the half way point in that, and suddenly realised what had happened.
Hope you and your son can have a pint for him on the day.

My nephew, a massive Man U fan, was ecstatic when we were promoted to the prem. He was even more excited when the fixture list came out and we realised the match at Bramall Lane coincided with my son’s 18th birthday. A weekend celebrating before his first trip to BDTBL was the last thing I spoke to him about before he went in for open heart surgery in the summer. Sadly he didn’t make it and we lost him, aged 23. We’re absolutely heartbroken but I’m incredibly grateful to Sheffield Utd who, despite the fact that he was an opposition supporter, will be putting a small tribute in the match day programme. It will be a difficult day but this gesture means a lot to the whole family.
I'm not sure if this was the right place, but I've just done a donation here:

If there is a more appropriate place, please put a link on. Obviously it can't change what's happened, but anything we can give, could help somebody else in a similar position in the future.

I'm not sure if this was the right place, but I've just done a donation here:
That is an incredibly kind gesture, thank you so much. We have made a hefty donation to the british heart foundation as a family. I’ve also had his name engraved on the Heart of Steel, all proceeds to bhf. We can’t bring him back but we can try and help prevent this from happening to another family.

If there is a more appropriate place, please put a link on. Obviously it can't change what's happened, but anything we can give, could help somebody else in a similar position in the future.

Thanks everyone. It’s been a bit of a rollercoaster of emotions today but we’ve had a great day. In the pub now raising a glass to him. Gutted we didn’t get the win but I’ll accept it in this occasion. Only downside is we didn’t manage to get a programme, they were sold out!

I'm sure if you talk to the club they'll be able to get you one.

Back
Top Bottom