Tough weekend ahead

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Rojoyblanco

Reaction score
My nephew, a massive Man U fan, was ecstatic when we were promoted to the prem. He was even more excited when the fixture list came out and we realised the match at Bramall Lane coincided with my son’s 18th birthday. A weekend celebrating before his first trip to BDTBL was the last thing I spoke to him about before he went in for open heart surgery in the summer. Sadly he didn’t make it and we lost him, aged 23. We’re absolutely heartbroken but I’m incredibly grateful to Sheffield Utd who, despite the fact that he was an opposition supporter, will be putting a small tribute in the match day programme. It will be a difficult day but this gesture means a lot to the whole family.

My nephew, a massive Man U fan, was ecstatic when we were promoted to the prem. He was even more excited when the fixture list came out and we realised the match at Bramall Lane coincided with my son’s 18th birthday. A weekend celebrating before his first trip to BDTBL was the last thing I spoke to him about before he went in for open heart surgery in the summer. Sadly he didn’t make it and we lost him, aged 23. We’re absolutely heartbroken but I’m incredibly grateful to Sheffield Utd who, despite the fact that he was an opposition supporter, will be putting a small tribute in the match day programme. It will be a difficult day but this gesture means a lot to the whole family.

Hang in there Rojoyblanco Hope you and your family can get through the day ok.

so sorry to hear that pal , hope your weekend goes as well as poss , when things like that happen puts other things into perspective.
UTB NBM

Really sorry to hear this Rojoyblanco, condolences to you & your family, I lost my dad a few months ago & it is very difficult, especially as he was a massive Blade & know he would have loved our new found status, so I console myself with the thought he now watches from the best seat in the house.

Sorry to hear that Rojoyblanco sounds like you had a good connection with him over football! Hopefully it will be a great game, but with the Blades running out winners...he can't have it all his own way from up there :D

God only knows what you’re going through. You’re in my thoughts pal. Take care

Glad the club are doing that, hopefully you and family can get through it all OK and hope have a lovely reflective smile for him and enjoy again for him and in his memory.

I will think about you and look out for the article in the programme.

I hope this weekend goes alright for you all x

Would be a nice gesture if utd put it on the big screen on 23 mins for a minutes applause I for one would join in and I'm sure many many other blades too .
UTB NBM

That is really sad at such a young age hope the day goes well for you all.
Condolences to you and your family.

Back
Top Bottom