Tonight has shown one thing

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

IF we start with rammers and a back 3 of Basham,Egan and Jack we will be very hard to beat
RND will be back from his loan at Stoke and a couple from the u23’s could be involved
We know Norwood,Fleck,mcBurnie etc are decent at championship level,I’m confident we’ll have a good season
Surely we can’t have as much bad luck regarding long term injuries 🤞
In addition - if it is SJ I can’t see him agreeing to having no transfer budget so I’d imagine reinforcements will be found

We will be fine in the Championship with a few additions.

The Championship is weak as fuck at the minute, teams not really strengthened last year due to COVID and likely to be the same this year because of the money situation.. Neil Warnock said today against them lot that he's heard there will be a lot of clubs with points deductions next season.

Last season Norwich and Watford both went down, Watford have been through 2 managers this season and still managed to piss the league.
That was my thought watching last night - we should be a very good championship side.

i always say norwich are going to go up as champions. they scored 1 in losing their last 10 games & you say the same about Norwich that you couldnt see them going up. & they have in style

also i hear alot its 1 worst teams in our recent history. but we have won 5 games this season the same as fulham & WBA for all their "quality" & only 2 fewer than Brighton. Its just where we lost theyve drawn

Also shown that Ollie Burke is a lazy sod. Didzy ran himself into the ground for 94 minutes. Burke comes on after 80 minutes and just cruised around. No effort closing down Brighton. Disgrace.
You can file with Rodwell and Morrison in the folder entitled 'failed experiments'.

The way I would use him would be if we decide to switch formation in game to a 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 i.e. something that requires someone to play as a Wide man.

I really don't see any point in asking a guy who has played as a winger all his career more or less to jump to the highest level and convert themselves into a centre forward at the same time. I'll defend him in so much that it is an unfair ask and the outcome is not entirely unexpected.

He's very quick and can beat a man. I'm fine with him as Plan B or C. Get down the wing, skin the fullback, get it in the box hoping for a ricochet. Anything more thoughtful than that and you are overcomplicating things. He's not your guy. I mean he should have got David Luiz sent off v Arsenal. But would you have had confidence a goal would have come if he did go 1 v 1?

In addition - if it is SJ I can’t see him agreeing to having no transfer budget so I’d imagine reinforcements will be found
I wonder if this might impact timing.

1. Sign him up. First move sell 2 or 3 first team players and it looks a bit naff.

2. Sell the necessary 2 or 3 first teamers. Appoint new manager and present him with some of the proceeds of the sales to adapt the squad.

Danger in waiting, for me is West Brom. They have a manager now. But in the summer, Big Sam could we'll be off. If you were WBA you'd be looking at Jokanovic or Wilder if they were available. You'd be silly not to.

That Sky Sports really does have wank commentary?

Rob Green was particularly clueless. They put up one stat on the screen which showed that something like 58% of the action had been in the Brighton defensive third. He took that to mean that Brighton had 58% possession and then waffled about how they hadn’t done much with the ball, just passed it around at the back.

The real meaning of the statistic was that we were largely attacking, but that was lost on Rob.

Rob Green was particularly clueless. They put up one stat on the screen which showed that something like 58% of the action had been in the Brighton defensive third. He took that to mean that Brighton had 58% possession and then waffled about how they hadn’t done much with the ball, just passed it around at the back.

The real meaning of the statistic was that we were largely attacking, but that was lost on Rob.
Even with me not knowing much about football, I was confused with his statement o_O

The Sky coverage was terrible.

It only started as the teams came out of the tunnel. They spent longer debating the West Ham red card.

I appreciate we aren't great TV at the moment, but as subscribers we deserve better than this.

We outplayed WBA and beat them at home. Should have won away if we had taken our chances. Fulham have I think 7 loan players. They are all “foreign” and not sure they will be allowed in the Championship. If we get our big players back and strengthen mid field I think we have a decent chance of doing a Norwich/Watford. Important we try and get out of the habit of losing. Even a few draws would be better than losing all the time.
I think WBA have 4 maybe 5 loan players in their first 11. Both them and Fulham have bigger rebuilding jobs on their hands than us, unless we have a fire sale.

The fact that he's tall, rapid and can beat a man seems to have lulled people into thinking that Ollie Burke is a decent footballer, in the same way that the kid in the playground who could do the same thing always got picked first, no matter how many times the ball got shanked into the gardens.

His record speaks for itself where he's been all over Europe and never nailed a place down anywhere. He's an athlete (or has potential to be) but it just looks like he'd be better suited to playing rugby on the wing or doing the 400m

Anybody would be fine in the Championship with a few additions

Most Premier League clubs going down, would be fine without any.

But we don't want to be fine, we want to be excellent.

Unfortunately this club can only function when it is an underdog. In other words crap, but trying hard.

That's as good as it gets.

As soon as there is any expectation whatsoever, it collapses like a house of cards.

Also shown that Ollie Burke is a lazy sod. Didzy ran himself into the ground for 94 minutes. Burke comes on after 80 minutes and just cruised around. No effort closing down Brighton. Disgrace.
Sometimes I think Burke's useless and others I feel bad for him. His hold up play is poor, his composure when it comes to shooting or a final ball makes me sad, but the amount of times this season we've knocked it up to his head or delayed a pass to him when you're thinking "He's got one thing and that's that he's absolutely rapid, just stick an early ball over the top or down the flanks and get him into a sprint". On the other hand, I can't remember who it was against where the stopped a run, the ball went ahead of him and he moaned they hadn't played it into feet. Then I was pissed off. The pace he has he never wants a ball into feet when it could go ahead of him. Ever.

Sometimes I think Burke's useless and others I feel bad for him. His hold up play is poor, his composure when it comes to shooting or a final ball makes me sad, but the amount of times this season we've knocked it up to his head or delayed a pass to him when you're thinking "He's got one thing and that's that he's absolutely rapid, just stick an early ball over the top or down the flanks and get him into a sprint". On the other hand, I can't remember who it was against where the stopped a run, the ball went ahead of him and he moaned they hadn't played it into feet. Then I was pissed off. The pace he has he never wants a ball into feet when it could go ahead of him. Ever.

I don't know what happened to Wilders philosophy of signing and playing players in the job that they are strongest at.

Oliver Burke isn't a target man, so holding the ball up isn't his game

Oliver McBurnie isn't a target man either

The only way to get the best out of them is to play Burke out wide and McBurnie in the box

You can play the ball 20 yards beyond or inside the full back and Burke will get there, but whether his delivery into the box for McBurnie would be good enough is another matter.

But it is the only way to try to get the best out of each of them

I don't know what happened to Wilders philosophy of signing and playing players in the job that they are strongest at.

Oliver Burke isn't a target man, so holding the ball up isn't his game

Oliver McBurnie isn't a target man either

The only way to get the best out of them is to play Burke out wide and McBurnie in the box

You can play the ball 20 yards beyond or inside the full back and Burke will get there, but whether his delivery into the box for McBurnie would be good enough is another matter.

But it is the only way to try to get the best out of each of them
I agree. With some players you can see why a manager might try to convert them or need to use them differently. With Burke he has literally one quality as far as I can tell. Just try and get him in a race to the ball and hope for the best. Anything else is pointless.

The Sky coverage was terrible.

It only started as the teams came out of the tunnel. They spent longer debating the West Ham red card.

I appreciate we aren't great TV at the moment, but as subscribers we deserve better than this.
I was a bit worse for wear especially by full time but they seemed to also spend a disproportionate amount of time talking about the Social Media thing rather than talk about our match or did my beer goggles cloud my opinion on that ?

If Hecky is right about Berge staying, and we get JOC fit then we start with the best defender and midfielder in the league. Which is a good start
Unless, of course, the Berge story of him staying is simply to force up his price when his admirers start making offers.

I was a bit worse for wear especially by full time but they seemed to also spend a disproportionate amount of time talking about the Social Media thing rather than talk about our match or did my beer goggles cloud my opinion on that ?
Nope. Quick interview with McGoldrick, then straight onto the Social Media blackout again (not sure that bit reads right). Anyway, very little about our match before or after.

Back
Top Bottom