Tonight has shown one thing

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ThatJa

Bigger Blade than United's Arab Emirate
Reaction score
We will be fine in the Championship with a few additions.

The Championship is weak as fuck at the minute, teams not really strengthened last year due to COVID and likely to be the same this year because of the money situation.. Neil Warnock said today against them lot that he's heard there will be a lot of clubs with points deductions next season.

Last season Norwich and Watford both went down, Watford have been through 2 managers this season and still managed to piss the league.

The Championship is weak as fuck at the minute, teams not really strengthened last year due to COVID and likely to be the same this year because of the money situation.. Neil Warnock said today against them lot that he's heard there will be a lot of clubs with points deductions next season.

Last season Norwich and Watford both went down, Watford have been through 2 managers this season and still managed to piss the league.

Watford pissed the league?....😮

Maybe we can switch to a formation with wingers get some quality in with pace then maybe we'll be alright

Also shown that Ollie Burke is a lazy sod. Didzy ran himself into the ground for 94 minutes. Burke comes on after 80 minutes and just cruised around. No effort closing down Brighton. Disgrace.
I noticed that at end too. Just jogging around and hopeless hold up play when we cleared it - never saw him get in front of Brighton player to hold up ball but instead weak control, gave it away so they could come at us again and jogged around or stood still.
Fucking hopeless - I just hope the swap we did proves to be worthwhile when in championship - somehow I think Callum Robinson will be the better of the 2 players in championship

Also shown that Ollie Burke is a lazy sod. Didzy ran himself into the ground for 94 minutes. Burke comes on after 80 minutes and just cruised around. No effort closing down Brighton. Disgrace.
I don't think he's a disgrace, he's just limited. Extremely limited.

We must get a no.10, Ozzie is a tidy player that gives his all but he's no Duffy.

Very few are to be fair, but I do agree with you on this.

Ozzie was excellent tonight, and I think he will be a big player for us next year, but he isn't a natural in the position that he was playing. We absolutely need to invest in some creativity, as priority no.1, just as it should have been this season.

Don't be daft. Wilder knows that playing an uninterested Lundy is the way forward and to think otherwise means you are a 'PlayStation manager' (whatever the fuck that means).

Maybe the PlayStation managers knew their arse from their elbow unlike some this season.

The problem is that his team mates know how bad he is. They know that they can't rely on him for anything. If his control doesn't let him down, his intelligence inevitably does.

But he's fast.

Not a chance there will be at least two teams better than us in WBA & Fulham.
Also there are alot of big sides in that division if they can get their acts together, Mid table at best.

All courtesy of the font of all knowledge on anything football Porktalk.

Not a chance there will be at least two teams better than us in WBA & Fulham.
Also there are alot of big sides in that division if they can get their acts together, Mid table at best.

All courtesy of the font of all knowledge on anything football Porktalk.
We outplayed WBA and beat them at home. Should have won away if we had taken our chances. Fulham have I think 7 loan players. They are all “foreign” and not sure they will be allowed in the Championship. If we get our big players back and strengthen mid field I think we have a decent chance of doing a Norwich/Watford. Important we try and get out of the habit of losing. Even a few draws would be better than losing all the time.

Being limited doesn’t prevent you putting in a shift by putting opposition players under pressure by trying to close them down.

I agree with the original post, that with a few additions, we should be competitive next season.

What's also become apparent is that for all his qualities, Wilder couldn't pick a striker. We've got some real duds up front. Mousett is lazy, and much as I want Burke to succeed he just doesn't look like a footballer. Hopefully McBurnie will look the business in the league below, and Brewster will show why we paid a fortune for him. Billy Sharp has hopefully watched Cocoon and we can squeeze another season out of him. Didzy is the one shining light but he's in the twilight of his career.

Lots for the new manager to do, but I think he's got the basis of a good team to start with.

Let's not let last night paper over the cracks. We've been absolutely useless all season and a draw was a fair result last night. We will be fine next season, however we need additions and a better system in place to bounce back immediately

If Hecky is right about Berge staying, and we get JOC fit then we start with the best defender and midfielder in the league. Which is a good start

If Hecky is right about Berge staying, and we get JOC fit then we start with the best defender and midfielder in the league. Which is a good start
No way is berge a blades player next , no fucking way.

IF we start with rammers and a back 3 of Basham,Egan and Jack we will be very hard to beat
RND will be back from his loan at Stoke and a couple from the u23’s could be involved
We know Norwood,Fleck,mcBurnie etc are decent at championship level,I’m confident we’ll have a good season
Surely we can’t have as much bad luck regarding long term injuries 🤞

IF we start with rammers and a back 3 of Basham,Egan and Jack we will be very hard to beat
RND will be back from his loan at Stoke and a couple from the u23’s could be involved
We know Norwood,Fleck,mcBurnie etc are decent at championship level,I’m confident we’ll have a good season
Surely we can’t have as much bad luck regarding long term injuries 🤞
Don't forget Freeman on loan at Forest. He was very capable in the Championship.

10 clear with other teams still having 3 to play. Pissed promotion.

Especially considering people say we're fucked, Watford changed manager during a bad period this season and STILL finished where they did.

Watford & Norwich are much better sides than we are.

Most of the additions will be returning from long term injuries

Back
Top Bottom