CONFIRMED Tom Davies signs 3 year deal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I know this view may be based on a mixture of desperation and little evidence due to limited minutes. However, I think he will be a good player for us in the championship. Played his entire career in prem and had a few moments last night where he tried to play an incisive pass which 'almost' came off.

Might just be me but one of the few players I want to stay beyond this season.

In other news, relieve Anel of the captaincy immediately.

I know this view may be based on a mixture of desperation and little evidence due to limited minutes. However, I think he will be a good player for us in the championship. Played his entire career in prem and had a few moments last night where he tried to play an incisive pass which 'almost' came off.

He stood out for us in that first half as the only player who actually looked like he'd played in the Premier League before.

He is a positive lately and I do see why Wilder had been bigging him up in pressers.

On the odd occassion he had the ball for more than a split second yesterday he did look more comfortable with the ball than the others, but that only happened about three times and he was immediately tackled, so not a massive success. His lack of fitness is a worry but as one of the only players under contract for next season that's the only real concern about him, as long as we can get him fit, he should be an asset.

I'm hoping he was only taken off so early because we were losing so badly, should be starting him and Arblaster together as much as possible now, try and build a partnership for next season.

He'll be a good player for us in the Championship.
He'd be a decent player for us in the Prem in a supporting role, IF he was surrounded by other Premier league standard players.

He'll be a good player for us in the Championship.
He'd be a decent player for us in the Prem in a supporting role, IF he was surrounded by other Premier league standard players.

Another Giant IF…

IF you can trust him to be fit for more than 15 games a season

Another Giant IF…

IF you can trust him to be fit for more than 15 games a season
That's on our crappy recruitment process and not doing the due diligence on player fitness...or the Shirecliffe sniper

Not only the captaincy, Anel needs dropping.

I wonder why our recruitment team didn’t notice he was a crock before we signed him?

A lot of our fans seemed to know.
Our ‘recruitment team’ is both clearly inept and instructed to buy cheap and available players. A recipe for a shit show. Here we are.

Wonder whether those who were quick to take the piss out of us who didn't want United to sign him (cos apparently we didn't like his dress sense so we were being narrow minded and nothing at all to do with the fact that we thought he was a potential injury crock - see posts earlier in this thread) still think he was a good signing with his contribution so far....

If he stayed fit he would be an asset. But alarm bells were ringing louder than the Bow bells in East London with his injury record prior to him being signed, and for the life of me I couldn't see why we would offer the lad a three year deal. There is no guarantee in any signing but you can weigh the odds better in your favour if you take the time to consider past injury records and circumstances. The fact we still signed the lad on a 3 year deal basically just shows up the recruitment team we had then as being incompetent fools. Still never mind eh, he wears nice fashionable clothes around town.

Let's hope he can be fit for year 2 of his not insubstantial contract.

He’s due a hamstring injury like the rest of the squad to be fair.

What a total liability

Subs are killing us. Fitness issues are killing us. Injuries are killing us

If Davies was available we'd have been far more likely to hang on, because Supersub Norwood wouldn't have been brought on. Or at least Wilder wouldn't have had any excuse to do so, but he seems strangely addicted to the Norwood resort, like it's a nice little comfort zone

United have themselves to blame with Davies if we deliberately sacrificed his pre season to save a month's wages

Our ‘recruitment team’ is both clearly inept and instructed to buy cheap and available players. A recipe for a shit show. Here we are.

I'm hoping the incompetent recruitment team responsible for making this decision has already disappeared out the door when Hecky and Paul Mitchell were given the chop.

We could help ourselves a little by bringing in a new head of recruitment asap though. Ideally one with a modicum of common sense.

Controversial but I don’t rate him. I thought he would be a decent signing at first but injuries a-side he’s looked poor to me. Runs around a lot, tenacious, but very little composure & quality on the ball, gives it away a lot (like most the team do). I like the guy and what he’s about but he’s basically Ben Osborn MK II.

Back
Top Bottom