CONFIRMED Tom Davies signs 3 year deal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Never rated him. When he's actually been on the pitch for Everton I've never really seen him affect the game in a positive way for them by doing something useful i.e. Goals or assists. Not a dreadful player but a bit of a nothing player imo who will no doubt want a fairly large financial package to fund his wardrobe. There is a reason Everton are prepared to let him go for nothing. No thanks.
fair analysis weasel i think we can do better preferably tommy doyle

They’re not, he rejected a contract

He rejected what they offered him. Which could be a very low offer i.e. they are willing to keep him but aren't too bothered if he walks away. If they were they would have sorted it out before he could walk away for nothing as his contract ended. A bit like what we are doing with John Fleck. That aside, he ain't that good.

Imagine the state of him on a night out with Mcburnie - unlikely to win any 'Best Turned Out' awards.

Just to see that, it's a yes from me!

He rejected what they offered him. Which could be a very low offer i.e. they are willing to keep him but aren't too bothered if he walks away. If they were they would have sorted it out before he could walk away for nothing as his contract ended. A bit like what we are doing with John Fleck. That aside, he ain't that good.
Maybe but we don't know that, the statements say that he's reached a point where he wants first-time football.

He has rejected the offer of a new contract as he wants more first team football
No one knows the length or value of said contract
One of his previous managers was lampard who did not play him, not the best judge of a player
Prior to that they were shite
I would give him a go

He has rejected the offer of a new contract as he wants more first team football
No one knows the length or value of said contract
One of his previous managers was lampard who did not play him, not the best judge of a player
Prior to that they were shite
I would give him a go

So why do you think he would be a good player for us and deserve a chunk of our limited budget bearing in mind you didn't see him play under Lampard (who saw him everyday in training whereas we didn't) and then he was shite at Everton as was everyone else by definition. So what have you seen (genuine question) that makes you think he's a good player as from what I've seen of the lad I'm decidedly unimpressed. Check his goals and assists stats out (or other stats) and what is there that suggests he's worth a go instead of many others?

Its all opinions and I doubt we will sign him anyway, but wanted to know what others see in him that I don't.

Tom Davies will leave Everton when his current contract expires at the end of this month after turning down the offer of a new deal with the Club.

I can see us being in for him, free transfer and a good age at 24 with something to prove. Maybe a Mcatee replacement.
He's shite

In my “opinion” when given a run in their team in his early career he was a good player who had been dragged down by bad managers paying OTT for crap players who were projected ahead of him due to fees and reputation.
VFM I think he would do well for us as he was previously a good player and has a point to prove, but it’s all about opinions

Fair enough. You make some good points. I disagree with you though as i think he's a mediocre PL player but then again thats just my 'opinion'.

And no one can say VFM. As no one on here knows how much he will cost. He might want a £3m signing on fee for all we know, so Im going on what I've actually seen of him on the pitch - which is very little.

Fair enough. You make some good points. I disagree with you though as i think he's a mediocre PL player but then again thats just my 'opinion
JOC could not get in Brentford team before we signed him

JOC could not get in Brentford team before we signed him

?? I don't get the comparison?

They are completely different players.

Are you saying that because TD didn't play a lot for Everton then he's somehow nailed on to come good for United? If you are them of course he may do, but then you could say that about every other football player who isn't in their first team 11.

You rate him and that's fine, I was just trying to ask you (as a poster who I think talks sense most of the time) what traits in his game you have seen that make him look a good player and worth a punt as I haven't see it myself.

Lot of rumours him and Calvert lewin are a couple

For what it's worth I think he would be a good signing but I'm basing that on seeing him play a couple of years ago
Everton fans hate him and don't rate him at all

My Everton supporting friend reckons he is terrible, and I can't say the times I've seen him play he has looked anything other than bang average, another one who has regressed from his early promise

My Everton supporting friend reckons he is terrible, and I can't say the times I've seen him play he has looked anything other than bang average, another one who has regressed from his early promise
Bristol Rovers sounds a bit low down the leagues though unless it’s just a fitness thing

A reason training with BR. Some ok games in PL not consistent.

And some would like that useless prick in our midfield... Give me strength.

Back
Top Bottom