Today's ref

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We start with Norwood & Ozzy in midfield, give 2 penalties away, stand off for the 4th, then let 33yr old Welbeck run half the length of the pitch for a 5th

Not sure refs the problem 😂

Disappointing today, wanted us to go for it and gain momentum, felt very flat and meh

Another referee promoted well above his ability to fill inclusivity quotas. Absolutely miles out of his depth.

Either that or match fixing it was that bad.
Bloody hell. We have about 200 posts slagging Wednesday off for being racists then you post this shit.
are you saying that all the white refs have been brilliant and are at that level because they are white? Or are you saying Asian people somehow don’t make good referees?

Bloody hell. We have about 200 posts slagging Wednesday off for being racists then you post this shit.
are you saying that all the white refs have been brilliant and are at that level because they are white? Or are you saying Asian people somehow don’t make good referees?
“The referee is poor because he is Asian” is a racist statement.

“The referee has been promoted above his means due to the PGMOLs published inclusivity strategy” is absolutely not.

It’s a debate that was had widely across the national media earlier in the season when Sam Allison and Rebecca Welch were given PL appointments. And it is a valid conversation to have.

Aye he was shit. He didn't put a single challenge in, kept getting his press trap wrong (when he bothered), got pulled all over by Ferguson and wasn't strong enough, gave away 2 pens, didn't close down on the edge of the box allowing them ages to shoot, tripped over his own feet after going round the keeper and nicked a header right off McBurnie's head a few inches out. The bastard.

We start with Norwood & Ozzy in midfield, give 2 penalties away, stand off for the 4th, then let 33yr old Welbeck run half the length of the pitch for a 5th

Not sure refs the problem 😂

Disappointing today, wanted us to go for it and gain momentum, felt very flat and meh
You thought the ref was OK then?

Fuking unbelievable there are fuckwits who think like that. Cant just say the ref was shite, have to mention the racist shit that's in their gormless heads

You thought the ref was OK then?
Fuck sake mate!!
You dont have to agree with my thoughts, but this is harassment - either that, or remember when you liked a girl at school, but played it cool by giving her a chinese burn to mask your infatuation.......

“The referee is poor because he is Asian” is a racist statement.

“The referee has been promoted above his means due to the PGMOLs published inclusivity strategy” is absolutely not.

It’s a debate that was had widely across the national media earlier in the season when Sam Allison and Rebecca Welch were given PL appointments. And it is a valid conversation to have.

So you don't think it's wrong to state he's only refereeing at this level because of his race? The fact you notice that and it's one of your first thoughts when summarising his performance says a lot about your mindset.

Apart from the one spot where Webster barged straight into the back of McBurnie in the air, which could have been very nasty if Oli had fallen the wrong way, I don't see too much he did wrong? Both pens were pens

Fuck sake mate!!
You dont have to agree with my thoughts, but this is harassment - either that, or remember when you liked a girl at school, but played it cool by giving her a chinese burn to mask your infatuation.......

He probably has to let someone know he’s home at 6pm. Either that, or he needs some chamomile injected into his brain.

Apart from the one spot where Webster barged straight into the back of McBurnie in the air, which could have been very nasty if Oli had fallen the wrong way, I don't see too much he did wrong? Both pens were pens
The foul on larrouci
The foul on osula that wasn't checked for a pen
The constant awarding of free kicks for diving their way but waving play on for us

Guy was a cunt a total cunt
Hope his hot water goes off

Apart from barely getting his card out for any Brighton foul.

I don't recall us having the ball long enough for them to need to foul us. Certainly don't recall any instances where I thought one of their players should have had a yellow, if there were a couple in injury time then fair enough as I left after Larouci (?) blazed over from a corner on 92 or so

I didn’t think the ref was too bad. It was frustrating because they went down easily with minimal contact but our players were often out maneuvered and challenging from the wrong side making it an easy call.

I didn’t think the ref was too bad. It was frustrating because they went down easily with minimal contact

This is what I indicated in the match thread - we're being stupid in that we are giving their players the option to do so, and giving the ref an opportunity to make a decision. If it's not shoulder to shoulder, and it's not in the aftermath of winning the ball, more or less any contact is usually regarded as a foul. A professional team will sell that contact. The solution is not to be making said contact in the first place

So you don't think it's wrong to state he's only refereeing at this level because of his race? The fact you notice that and it's one of your first thoughts when summarising his performance says a lot about your mindset.
Not if you understand context.

The PGMOL has set up an alternative referee development pathway to “fastrack” more minority background officials into high profile positions. Good idea in principle, but the evidence has not been so positive. That’s why you have seen Bhupinder Gill, Rebecca Welch, Sam Allison and Sunny Sing Gill (todays referee) being appointed to games of this size when they would regularly officiate in the Championship and League One as “National List” officials.

There has been a big debate over whether this strategy is correct and worthwhile or whether it is actually doing a disservice to those officials, the quality of officiating and the overall aim. Todays events suggest the latter.

Yeah he was shocking but I was expecting that though after all the negative press aimed at us after the West Ham game. Brighton’s players had also clearly been briefed about it by their manager and told to go down when touched as the ref would be looking to give everything against us.

You can either call that cheating or being smart.

Not if you understand context.

The PGMOL has set up an alternative referee development pathway to “fastrack” more minority background officials into high profile positions. Good idea in principle, but the evidence has not been so positive. That’s why you have seen Bhupinder Gill, Rebecca Welch, Sam Allison and Sunny Sing Gill (todays referee) being appointed to games of this size when they would regularly officiate in the Championship and League One as “National List” officials.

There has been a big debate over whether this strategy is correct and worthwhile or whether it is actually doing a disservice to those officials, the quality of officiating and the overall aim. Todays events suggest the latter.

It's not about context, it's about another poor refereeing performance (of which there have been many this season), but this one is only there on race, as he isn't white.

That's the crux of the mindset.

What?? Apart from unnecessary yellows, falling for their diving antics, stopping the game for the slightest contact. Then later in the game he started letting everything go, one of the worst reffing performances I've seen in a long time.

Back
Top Bottom