To many strikers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Which 2 get sold/ loaned

• Sharp

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • Didzy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mcburnie

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • Brewster

Votes: 14 16.3%
  • Mousset

Votes: 17 19.8%
  • Burke

Votes: 58 67.4%
  • Jebbison

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Ndiaye

Votes: 18 20.9%
  • Smith

Votes: 30 34.9%

• Total voters

adamawdhali

Reaction score
I don’t envy slav at all. All be it the opposition weren’t the best but the two strikers that were on the fringes of leaving depending on their pre season were mousset and smith and both played well scoring a goal. Still got burke, mcburnie, jebbo, ndiaye and sharp aswell. God knows who’s going to get sold. Minimum of 2 will have to go.

If we’re playing 3 forwards/inside forwards / wingers then I can see us needing quite a few

Fancy Burke to be a massive surprise the winter/forward role suits him to the ground

If we’re playing 3 forwards/inside forwards / wingers then I can see us needing quite a few

Fancy Burke to be a massive surprise the winter/forward role suits him to the ground
I think we have so many strikers who have the potential to rip up the championship but I’ve always felt our problem is we change too much. We never stick with a front line always chopping and changing. Mcburnie also played very well at LW for Barnsley a few year ago

I think we have so many strikers who have the potential to rip up the championship but I’ve always felt our problem is we change too much. We never stick with a front line always chopping and changing. Mcburnie also played very well at LW for Barnsley a few year ago

Deffo i think we need to build a team around mcburnie/Brewster IMO

Smith and Burke. Not hard. But I suspect Burke may stick around as a potential wide player in a 3. I’d loan NDiaye out anyway.

Smith and Burke. Not hard. But I suspect Burke may stick around as a potential wide player in a 3. I’d loan NDiaye out anyway.
Nathan hemmings was saying that before wilder left he told him he was going to play ndiaye number 10 in the championship for us. He’s been frozen out because he’s stalled on a new contract and won’t play unless he signs so I’d possibly keep him around if he signs. He said those in the academy say he’s the best prospect they’ve seen in years. Same people that saw brooks not to long ago so hopefully he signs and plays apart

It might depend on how much cash we need to generate. From that list you would expect that Jebbison, Ndiaye and Smith would be the ones who could attract a decent fee as young prospects, and McBurnie potentially could turn the head of a fellow championship club.

But assuming that we don't need to sell any.....

I would loan out Smith, and Burke isn't even a striker so take him off the list. He is a wide player and a useful option at that.

That leaves 7 into 3 positions, but Didsy and Ndiaye may also find themselves playing as CAM in front of a midfield 2.

Over a 46 match season, plus cup games, it feels like a good number to have, especially as 2 of the contingent are getting on a bit.

Worth remembering that technically speaking, Smith is ahead of Jebbison and N’Diaye. Been out and done it relatively consistently in the the pro game.

Think it was only the manager situation at Bristol Rovers that hindered him a bit last season. But once that changed and he came back in, he proved his worth.

Voted ndiaye, Smith but also would say Burke. Loan the first two out (would take a look at Smith before deciding) and try and sell Burke. Personally have a front three of MCB in the centre, moose and Brewster either side.

Back
Top Bottom