Time to sit a couple?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Melton Blade

Reaction score
It was a whole lot more enjoyable a Blades performance to watch yesterday but at full time I noticed the unused left hand side "leper colony" walking back together along the sidelines.

Well paid no doubt but just the post match warm down(?) sprints to look forward to.... again.

Enda & Flecky have been superb for us this year - no question. But how poor do they have to be (and for how many games) before the guys challenging for the place are given a go? There has been plenty of squad rotation for the strikers.
Why not elsewhere?

In the limited opportunities Ben & Luke have been given I wouldn't say they have been poor in any - maybe not fantastic but then again were they any worse than say the performances than Sander has put in since his arrival?

Well Sander has been adjusting to the pace of the Premier League... fair point but doesn't these decent Championship players also need the chance to get to speed as well?

In CW we trust and he does seem to bin off players fairly quickly ( e.g Callum R, Woodburn etc) does he not rate them at all?

I do think he is now stretching his loyalty to a couple of players a bit far (if only to sit out a game or two).

UTB

Thought Endas performance was best of the 4 matches so far. Form is improving.

Flecky needs games before he's fit, Spurs will see the improvement.

So for me- no...

Simple really - At their best Stevens is better than Osborne and Fleck is better than L.Freeman. All 4 players have just been through the same amount of time in lockdown so non of them will have an advantage in that regard. In fact L.Freeman and Osborn are now at a distinct disadvantage thanks to being behind Stevens and Fleck in minutes played since the restart. Bottom line, would you prefer a more match tuned Fleck and Stevens or a rusty Osborne and L.Freeman who's form may also be 'off'?

Simple really - At their best Stevens is better than Osborne and Fleck is better than L.Freeman. All 4 players have just been through the same amount of time in lockdown so non of them will have an advantage in that regard. In fact L.Freeman and Osborn are now at a distinct disadvantage thanks to being behind Stevens and Fleck in minutes played since the restart. Bottom line, would you prefer a more match tuned Fleck and Stevens or a rusty Osborne and L.Freeman who's form may also be 'off'?
The answer to your question Ron is we’ll never really know or get to find out because those games have gone now and for what ever reason Wilder chooses to not play Ben or Luke over evidently struggling players in Enda and John.

To be back at our best we need our best up to speed. Minutes and games is the only way this will happen. I'm not saying it's true but just a thought that maybe rotating will make us a bit better in the short term but also take us longer to get back to our best.

the unused left hand side "leper colony"

😂 😂 😂

Ben and Luke - The Left Side Lepers

I think we ought to have struck a better balance between getting the regulars up to speed and using fresh legs to give us a boost in recent games.

Freeman and Osborn are the obvious two who can feel hard done by, and as a result I think they'll be off.

I'd say Mousset can feel the same way but fuck knows what's going on with him.

The Newcastle and Manchester games are the ones where they could've had more time, if we aren't playing well and at 2 down we aren't going to come back 20-30 minutes for them to try and make an impact can't do any harm.
Edit: Also Zivkovic getting time, I assume he's showing it in training but this looks like the EPL version of Hogan, Madine, Washington just hoping somebody will come good isn't going to make it happen.

Back
Top Bottom