Ticket Prices - Bramall Lane

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How many are you suggesting didn’t go to Wembley because of the ticketing system? I’ve no doubt there were some, I highly doubt that number was in any way significant
I think v man city with our two in form players out played a part along with price of tickets/travel by the time our tickets came available. It's impossible to even guess the numbers and anyone claiming to is pulling it from thin air but we have taken more in the past!

Much like the Premier League and the Championship aren't the same thing. Our matchday prices last year were not particularly cheap for the level we were playing in. This year they are more reasonable. Yet we have the thread now?
So how much extra is a Premier League match worth according to you if last year wasn't cheap but a big increase this year is reasonable? Last year didn't have a price hike, last time we did have one people did complain.

So how much extra is a Premier League match worth according to you if last year wasn't cheap but a big increase this year is reasonable? Last year didn't have a price hike, last time we did have one people did complain.

I don't think any of the prices this season are unreasonable. There certainly would have been games last year where, if I wasn't a season ticket holder, I would have thought whether the prices being charged are worth what I was watching. So to answer your question, more than the amount they have gone up by? Like it or not, Man United are a much more attractive proposition than Millwall.

mate. Anybody who wanted a ticket for Wembley would have got a ticket.stop the excuses it was embarrassing we didn’t sell out
Not realay, I wanted to go but because of the situatatiin I couldn’t go with a mate as by the time they e]went on general sale I couldn’t get a ticket near them.

Not realay, I wanted to go but because of the situatatiin I couldn’t go with a mate as by the time they e]went on general sale I couldn’t get a ticket near them.
But you could get a ticket. Everybody could. My lads 2 mates wanted to be near us. But they couldn’t be near us. But they still got tickets just not near us. Anybody who wanted 1. Got 1. That’s all I’m saying. Lots of silly excuses for not going. The only excuse anybody should’ve really had was if they couldn’t afford it which would be fair enough

But you could get a ticket. Everybody could. My lads 2 mates wanted to be near us. But they couldn’t be near us. But they still got tickets just not near us. Anybody who wanted 1. Got 1. That’s all I’m saying. Lots of silly excuses for not going. The only excuse anybody should’ve really had was if they couldn’t afford it which would be fair enough
i think your right there cost of tickets plus knowing we were 95% certain to get beat having said that and i dont like saying it im sure pigs would have sold all 34k tickets even playing city with little chance of getting a result we really should have sold out

The fact remains c30k is about our limit.
But that's the capacity, we were averaging that first season in the Prem max being 32k for Man U variations dependent on who we played. I won't pay for restricted view and i'm sure there are lots of others who feel the same. I think a top flight Sheff U wouldn't have any problems exceeding 30k but by how much who knows. Doesn't change the fact upgrading the ground is a massive cash outlay with only long term profitability but feel you were selling us short attendance wise.

But that's the capacity, we were averaging that first season in the Prem max being 32k for Man U variations dependent on who we played. I won't pay for restricted view and i'm sure there are lots of others who feel the same. I think a top flight Sheff U wouldn't have any problems exceeding 30k but by how much who knows. Doesn't change the fact upgrading the ground is a massive cash outlay with only long term profitability but feel you were selling us short attendance wise.
I'm a season ticket holder and don't like under any circumstances watching certain teams. Scum of Mancs being one so won't attend ... my choice.

Ah yeah we had a family gathering a bit earlier that year that's normally at Christmas so got mixed up. We brought a family member over from Italy just before COVID got in the country 😬😬😬😬
Fair play pal. It was one of the most boring games of the season

You’re really, really weird.
Probably reason don't watch MOTD either .... oh I know why it's cos I don't like Premier League ... sides like Blades are just making the teams up as realistically we can't compete financially with the so called big boys ....

Probably reason don't watch MOTD either .... oh I know why it's cos I don't like Premier League ... sides like Blades are just making the teams up as realistically we can't compete financially with the so called big boys ....
We cannot compete easily with anyone without the money earned in the PL

When you hit 60 years of age and get 'pensioner' discount (Thanks Kevin)
look across at the other side of the city, and most other clubs with 65 year pension discount, then come back and complain.

Or support Wendy and pay £ 59 pay on the day to watch Barry the Balding Bannana perform in the chumpionship.

You can't have 10 million pound players earning 20/30 grand per week and charge 10 pounds for a ticket.

The days of players coming down on the bus with the supporters have gone I'm afraid.
You can have £10 million players earning 30k a week and charge £10 for a ticket.

If Newcastle charged £10, they'd still bring in far more ticket money than Bournemouth charging £40. Bournemouth can still pay big wages, so why couldn't Newcastle?

The premier league growth in the US has only just begun according to those who know about these things. The premier league could get billions more. A flat cap on tickets like for away fans should be included in that as it's the fans and atmospheres that is part of the "product" for the Americans

I think v man city with our two in form players out played a part along with price of tickets/travel by the time our tickets came available. It's impossible to even guess the numbers and anyone claiming to is pulling it from thin air but we have taken more in the past!

We’ve taken more in the past when people’s finances have been better I assume? The economic landscape at the moment being a fairly big issue in regards to a lot of things.

It is impossible to guess the numbers I agree. I’m asking you for a ball park figure in your opinion (I think I’ve asked three times now). Are we talking hundreds or thousands in your opinion?

There was whole blocks of seats available, could you really not get a ticket next to your mate?

We’ve taken more in the past when people’s finances have been better I assume? The economic landscape at the moment being a fairly big issue in regards to a lot of things.

It is impossible to guess the numbers I agree. I’m asking you for a ball park figure in your opinion (I think I’ve asked three times now). Are we talking hundreds or thousands in your opinion?
Unlike those over in s6 I don't particularly focus on ticket sales but pretty sure we took more to the 09 play off final in post credit crunch era and the hull semi final.

I think man city obviously being too good for us and cost didn't help either but we make it harder for fans to go in large groups of casual family and friends who might want to turn up to an "event"

I can't get a number. It's total guess work but if you put a gun to my head at least a few thousand if we stood a chance!

Unlike those over in s6 I don't particularly focus on ticket sales but pretty sure we took more to the 09 play off final in post credit crunch era and the hull semi final.

I think man city obviously being too good for us and cost didn't help either

You started this discussion, don’t hide behind the excuse that you don’t focus on ticket sales.

‘09 was 14 years ago. What relevance is that to today?

All I’m asking is for a ball park figure. From your comment you seem to think it would be significant, I disagree, so I’m interested to know what number you had in mind.

You started this discussion, don’t hide behind the excuse that you don’t focus on ticket sales.

‘09 was 14 years ago. What relevance is that to today?

All I’m asking is for a ball park figure. From your comment you seem to think it would be significant, I disagree, so I’m interested to know what number you had in mind.
if you can't see being able to sell in groups with "day trippers" would sell significantly more for big events then that's on you. Sorry.

I think man city obviously being too good for us and cost didn't help either but we make it harder for fans to go in large groups of casual family and friends who might want to turn up to an "event"

I can't get a number. It's total guess work but if you put a gun to my head at least a few thousand if we stood a chance!
we took 40k for the 2009 play off game with burnley thats the most we have taken to wembley 35k in 93 v pigs and 34k v hull in semi

I don’t go with that tbh. Peoples finance is exactly same for pigs and yet they managed to sell out and thousands of Barnsley’s tickets aswell. So that isn’t a excuse really. Also the not getting to sit near mates excuse is the worse one yet imo 🤦‍♂️

I don’t go with that tbh. Peoples finance is exactly same for pigs and yet they managed to sell out and thousands of Barnsley’s tickets aswell. So that isn’t a excuse really. Also the not getting to sit near mates excuse is the worse one yet imo 🤦‍♂️
You do know the tickets were half what we paid ,my 4 where £460 for the midweeks game it would have cost me less than £240 . Levels pal levels

Weren't there games last season where an adult Kop ticket was over £30? I definitely recall at least one set of fans on Roy's view complaining about being charged something in the 30s, weird that nobody mentioned a thing about pay on the gate prices last season, yet now that we are selling a vastly superior product with a relatively moderate price increase to match and expected increased demand, people are mad?
Yes, I paid £33 vs Cov on Boxing Day 26/12/22 for online booking which included £1 booking fee.

As a long time season ticket holder I think our pricing structure is brilliant.
There may well be legitimate reasons to criticise the clubs decision making but from my perspective ticket pricing dosen't even make any list!

No doubt our ticket distribution for big matches ,Wembley usually but also at the lane as well needs reviewing.Even going back to the Wembley final with Burnley they sold there allocation far faster than us and judging g by the crowds they got in them days ! Most tickets would have gone to part times far and wide.

I'm a long standing season ticket holder 57th year coming up ! Just feel we do too much to satisfy them really.

Plenty didn't take up the chance to buy one for the re ent semi,we after fund a better way as no doubt family and friends love to go to the big matches but things go wrong when someone is turfed out of there usual seat and when trying to buy door friends and family the chance of sitting together is not good.
Parttimes are important as that's where we grow the future fans.
It's a difficult problem to overcome! But a change is necessary ,I imagine the club is open to ideas how to remedy it.?

Back
Top Bottom